Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 am
Dʀᴏᴘ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɴᴏᴡ

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ʀᴀɪɴ

Kɪss ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇᴡᴀʟᴋ

Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ

Cᴀᴜsᴇ I sᴇᴇ, sᴘᴀʀᴋs ғʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ

User Image

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´
Sᴇʀᴀғɪɴᴀ Eʟɪᴢᴀʙᴇᴛʜ Lᴀɴᴄᴀsᴛᴇʀ
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

♥ Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ ♥♥ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ ♥♥ Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ♥♥ Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ ♥

Serafina grinned when Pete said that she was correct. She slightly raised her brow when he said that the disarming spell was enough for battle. A smile once again appeared on her face when David complimented her. " Fli..pendo? " she repeated. It was a familair spell, but she just can't remember. She curiously watched David as he demonstrated. She gave a little thought as she went back to the spell. She turned around, looking at her target. " Just sweep your wand down, then right back at our target, " the Slytherin emotionlessly repeated, doing what she just said. As soon as her wand pointed at the target, she immediately said, " Flip-en-DOH! " Red light emitted from her wand and quickly reached the target, causing it to be moved a couple of meters away. She grinned at her result and enthuisastically turned to the others. She was actually having fun. She quietly listened to the next two spells the older girl was gonna teach us. Her brown eyes widened as 2 curses were taught to her and her friends. She smiled in excitement, facing another target for her very first curse. ' Locomotor Mortis , Locomotor Mortis ' she thought as she practiced the simple wand movements. Pointing at her target, " LOH-koh-moh-tor MOR-tis! " , she cast. A somehow bright purple light directly hit the target, causing it to vigorously move back and forth, then stabilizing itself back to its equilibrium state. She doubted that was she did was better or equal than that of the Slytherin Prefect...w-what was her name again? ' .... And I don't even know her name. '

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Interested
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Casting spells

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : Was is......Bella? I know her name starts with B.
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Dueling Club

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling Club members, Pete, David, Belle
Wearing

Out Of Cookies:

Gᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴀʙʏ

As ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ɢᴏ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

Gɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ʟʟ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛ ᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ

Cᴀᴜsᴇ I sᴇᴇ, sᴘᴀʀᴋs ғʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ sᴍɪʟᴇ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
First Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling club

David was glad that he was proving himself in dueling. Maybe it would be the one thing he would remain good in above everything else. He felt good about teaching someone something without making a complete fool of himself. David was one hundred percent ready to learn more spells. “Locomotor Mortis!” he shouted as he took aim at the target. A slightly bright looking purple light came from his wand and hit the target. ‘Man I have good accuracy…’ he thought smiling at his success.

“So Serafina want to try the full body bind curse?” David asked hoping that they could have some fun testing it out. “Since you’re a girl you can go first if you want.” He added trying to be polite. She was kind of sweet despite being a Slytherin and he kind of liked her at least maybe just a little.

With: Dueling pals... Pete, Belle, Serafina

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater
ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and .....?
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather pulled Dominic to his feet, releasing the grip she had on his hand and holding her other hand behind her back. "Whatever you say, Montague." Embarrassing? She could handle that. Not many payed attention to her anyways, so why bother about being embarrassed? The blonde shrugged her shoulders, but when her friend's (?) whisper caught her ear, her head tilted upwards in hopes of catching his gaze. "Thank me? What did I do that's worthy of being thanked for?" she asked in a return whisper. Though, she had no time to wait for an answer. Picking up her wand from the grassy ground at her feet, she nodded a 'farewell for now' to Dominic and Marina, then set out for some target practice. She would start with some easy targets, the kind that didn't move around. "Expelliarmus! Flipendo!" One by one, practice dummies flew backwards. She smirked, finding this strangely more fun than she thought it would be. She decided to try out a spell she had read about in her textbook one night when she couldn't sleep. Then again, what else was she to do at that time? She didn't sleep anymore. "Reducto!" The dummy that had been her target exploded, and when the smoke cleared, there was nothing left but a few bits of the poor thing. Heather blinked, her mouth open in a tiny 'o' shape. "Uhh... Let's move on, shall we?~" she chimed to herself. Now her focus was on the dragons flying around. Ronyo had said to knock them down with just one spell, no slowing them down first. Instantly, one came to mind, and Heather pointed her wand at the flying creatures. "Stupefy!" The spell fired towards the dragon, but it dodged just in time. The fourth year huffed, and blew a piece of her hair from her eyes. "Hold still... Stupefy!" Another miss, and another huff, this one more aggravated than the first. "Dang it... Stupefy!" Finally, the dragon was hit, stunned by the spell, and fell to the ground. Heather looked it over, before casting Finite on the poor thing. It flew away, ready for another student to take aim at it.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:12 pm
User Image

Hogwarts: Club of Dueling
Is Now Open!

And students! Please note that one of the rules has changed!

First years are not allowed to participate in the club, however, they are allowed to join and spectate!

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
Head Girl Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect

Smiling wistfully, Annabelle could not believe that this was her last year here at Hogwarts. The face of the clock beamed down at her, and soon, the group of willing participants would be here to join her. Usually, there would be an alignment of practice dummies set up for target practice—but she wouldn’t be doing that this year. Without Ronyo here to guide her, she’d decided she needed to make a few changes.

First, she had to stop allowing first years in the group, they were too young, too untamed, and most importantly, they didn’t know any spells. Next, well, she needed to decide who her successor would be. She had a few ideas in mind, but, she still wasn’t quite sure. In the meantime, she brandished her wand of hornbeam and gave it a twirl, creating several protective wards and defenses to ensure that the castle and the grounds will not suffer too much damage.
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Fashionably: Dope
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:32 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Clocktower Courtyard (Dueling club)

David ran off down to the courtyard below the clocktower. He was excited that the dueling club was starting up again. Ronyo had graduated last year she now it was just Belle taking care of things. It was her last year now and he wondered who she was leaving in charge.

Once he was there David realized he was one of the first to arrive. "Guess I get here rather quickly didn't I?" he questioned mostly to himself. "Hey Belle remember me from last year?" he asked her. "So what's it like to be in final year?" David asked curiously. He wondered if it was as sad as some made it seem or if it was a exciting to some extent.

With: Dueling club... Belle

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:39 pm
My life is so cold

User Image

She giggled and waved to the approaching second year, he was lucky, she smiled, that he’d had the chance to join in the club as a first year last year. She almost thought she heard him say something, but, maybe she was just imaging things? Tightening her blonde ponytail under her hat, she nodded her head enthusiastically. ”Of course I remember you David, do you think Peter and Serafina will show up?” She wondered with the curious tilt of her head. After all, there was no telling who would turn out this year and who wouldn’t.

At the notion of her graduating this year, she sighed blissfully. ”It’s… a little scary, considering that I haven’t a clue as to what I’m going to do after school, but it’s also a little amazing, since I’ll get to do whatever I want, whenever I want. Heheh, and being Head Girl sure did bring this year to a brilliant start. Did you have a good summer?”

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:41 pm
Do you CARE about me?
Do you THINK I don't BLEED?
Why are you trying to HIDE behind a stupid LIE
When the TRUTH is your EYES
Have you LOST YOURSELF?
Always TRYING to SELL
The PERSON that you THINK you are
You stay ALONE 'cause real's just too HARD

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FOURTH YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You say you'll never go that far: Neutral | But you're not who you say you are: I can't wait to duel... | Your time is up in too many places: Belle and David | You've got too many faces: Courtyard|
Wearing

Marina entered the courtyard, quite happy to be back at Dueling Club. In her four years she had learned a lot, and could confidently say she was a batter duelist with each passing year. She spotted Belle and that Gryffindor second year, David. "Hi, Belle, David," she greeted them amiably, wand already in hand, clutched firmly by pale fingers.

You've got your HEART in too many PLACES

Always LAYING the BLAME
You're never ONE and the SAME
Could it be that you're AFRAID to look INSIDE
And find you'll NEVER get it RIGHT
So many SIDES to YOU
Nobody KNOWS the TRUTH
How you EVER gonna keep it STRAIGHT?
Do you WANNA be a MEMORY?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:26 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Clocktower Courtyard (Dueling club)

David smiled. “I sure hope they do. Sadly I haven’t gotten the chance to talk to them you know with being in different houses and all it’s kind of hard.” He told her. Now he was starting to wonder if they would come he would hope they do it would be depressing being the only second year in the dueling club. “Who congratulations on being head girl.” He replied. “My summer was great actually. Visited my cousins over the summer they’re real fun to pull a prank or two on.” David answered her remembering how much fun it was. “How was your summer?” he asked.

David looked around at the sound of his name. “Hey Marina, your dad is the head of the Goblin Liaison at the ministry right?” he asked. He remembered his dad talking to his sister about a girl a year ahead of her. That was the only reason he knew her name aside from the dueling club last year.

With: Dueling club... Belle, Marina

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:30 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dominic sauntered down the field with his wand in hand, a flighty smirk was on his lips as he realized, in just a few short hours, dusk would fall upon the castle and the night sky would blanket the world with grace. He spotted a few figures already around the clock tower courtyard, one of which, was Marina. It was… weird, to say the least. Just last year, he’d accidentally hit her with a bludger and she’d knocked him off his broom. It wasn’t all that long ago she’d mocked him, here, during a practice in dueling club…

And now she was dating his best friend… What… The… Hell…

He didn’t know how to treat her now; obviously, he didn’t hate her, hell, if it wasn’t for her, he’d have never gone and investigated the truth about the purity of blood and all it was, was a fairytale the rich told themselves to make them feel better about themselves…

He didn’t care about that anymore.

So, as he approached the group, he offered one subtle nod to greet each of them.
”Hey Belle… Marina…” his eyes fell upon the younger student whose name he didn’t know, so he offered him a separate nod to make up for it. Belle seemed to be chatting to pass the time while others arrived, so, he opted to do the same. Turning to face Marina and her long, wild flaming hair he offered a sheepish smile that adorned dimples in each cheek. ”So, Marina, do’yae think Damien is going to show up this year?”

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Clocktower Courtyard—Dueling Club
Green with Envy?
╚═══════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 am

User Image
User Image

✿✿✿ Serafina skipped her way to the Clocktower Courtyard, humming a song, excited to be in the Dueling Club once again. She's already learned so much in her first year, and she can't wait to learn more. At least because of the club, she can fight back just in case someone tries to harm her. Seeing that there were already people there before her, she just smiled more. Approaching them, she immediately recognized the witches and wizards there. " Hello there David, Miss Belle, Miss Marina, Mister Dominic, " she politely greeted, nodding at each one. She approached her fellow second year, her silver birch wand in her hand as she waved. Careful not to ruin David and Belle's chat, she just simply smiled at the older girl before saying, " Congratulations Miss Head Girl. " ✿✿✿

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Excited
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Greeting

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : Can't wait to fire up some spells!
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling Club

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling Club Members

Out Of Cookies:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:17 am
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier walked his way to the courtyard, following David and Serafina. He remembered that the Dueling Club was held every Friday. And since today was the day, he decided to check it out. He was always interested in the club, but didn't joined last year since well, he forgot. He remembered it when it was already too late. Placing his hands in his pockets, he whistled, still walking over to the meeting place of the club. As he finally saw the glimpse of the members of the club, he gulped. The Gryffindor ambled towards the small crowd, recognizing Slytherin's Seeker and Beater. He first approached to seventeen year old female, thinking that she would most likely be the one who organizes the club. Based on what he heard, her name was..
" Belle, right? " When he caught her attention, he immediately said, " Hello. I'm Xavier Nicholson. Second Year, Gryffindor. Is it okay for me to join the Dueling Club? " As he stared at the slightly more taller Slytherin, at the corner of his eye he noticed the two whom he followed. Waiting for the answer to his request, he smiled at the two, greeting them both with a perky smile.

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Excited, Curious
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: If I came here last year, should I be stronger now?
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Asking permission to join
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling club
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling club members

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:53 pm
My life is so cold

User Image

Smiling bright, she nodded to the vivacious redhead that had approached next and eyed her for a lingering moment longer than the rest before glancing at the new faces that approached the courtyard for the first meeting of the year. When David had congratulated her, she chuckled, she still hadn’t gotten quite used to being Head Girl. ”Thanks David,”

”Oh, look! I think I see them coming over the hill,”
                                  she gestured with the point of her painted nail towards the smiling faces of the second years that were joining them. A grin had settled on her lips as she adjusted the black hat on her head to count the number of heads that had already arrived, there was only a small handful, so she decided she would just a little bit longer before beginning. Just then, her younger peers had approached her. ”Thank you, Serafina,

“And, of course you can Xavier, the club is open to any and every one at any time—but this year, I’m not allowing first years to join, the nurse insisted, but anyone else can, and as soon as a few more people show up, we’ll start with a little dueling.”

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:36 pm
User Image

User Image
First Year | Slytherin | Single | @ Clocktower Courtyard -- Dueling Club

Noah walked into the room, noticing some familiar faces. A few of them not being so happy with him from the night of the Sorting feast. He was hoping things had calmed since then. He didn't want his family issues lingering their way into his new life at Hogwarts. As he scanned the courtyard, there were names and faces he remembered and some who he'd never seen before.

There's Dom.. Marina.. Annabelle 'the really pretty one'... and I don't know those other ones.

Noah knew as a first year that he wasn't allowed to participate, so he took a seat on the ground far enough away that he wasn't right in the middle of everything, but not far enough that nobody would notice him. He was, however, hoping that from watching he could learn a thing or two, and maybe while he was at it make some friends.

JayzStar13

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:11 pm
Do you CARE about me?
Do you THINK I don't BLEED?
Why are you trying to HIDE behind a stupid LIE
When the TRUTH is your EYES
Have you LOST YOURSELF?
Always TRYING to SELL
The PERSON that you THINK you are
You stay ALONE 'cause real's just too HARD

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FOURTH YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You say you'll never go that far: Neutral | But you're not who you say you are: I can't wait to duel... | Your time is up in too many places: Belle and David | You've got too many faces: Courtyard|
Wearing

Marina turned at David's question, and nodded slowly. "Yeah. He got promoted last year," she said absentmindedly, watching the others show up. She briefly wonderer how the younger boy knew that, before looking towards Dominic. She shrugged. "If he is, he didn't tell me. But I don't think dueling is his thing. " Damien was her complete opposite in some regards. She got angry often, while he always remained outwardly calm, even when he was furious. She was more likely to pick a fight, whil he tried to avoid them. Yet somehow they fit together like strange puzzle pieces.

You've got your HEART in too many PLACES

Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreset

Always LAYING the BLAME
You're never ONE and the SAME
Could it be that you're AFRAID to look INSIDE
And find you'll NEVER get it RIGHT
So many SIDES to YOU
Nobody KNOWS the TRUTH
How you EVER gonna keep it STRAIGHT?
Do you WANNA be a MEMORY?

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)