Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Chat and Plot Zone
The Badieh Badawie [Culture/Herd IT directory /IT] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o3o What are you excited for?
  OMG.... I CAN GET AN AMACHI?!
  Underdogs and bandits and and and -
  ...Miniature Mini ponies? Island-style Dwarfism? SO. CUTE.
  Mudbloods-I mean Debbani better not make my pure coat messy *Snobby face*
  ALL OF IT!
  This amazing idea I have for my own herd within the culture/connected herd outside of it.
  :| All of this is just stupid
  GOLD GIMME GOLD I DONT CARE EITHER WAY ABOUT PLOTS
View Results

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:39 am
mindsend
User Image

ouo?  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:57 am
mindsend
User Image
o vo!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:18 am
mindsend

User Image

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:33 am
OK! Looks like all the Gobii have been taken! I'll cert them up shortly! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 am
They're so cute, Mind. >u< The whole concept is extremely adorable.

*hugs her cute little plush*

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:20 am
~~I dream of gardens in the desert sand~~

HERD NAME: Gawaiz Dirayat
Reasoning for Herd Name: Prized Knowledge (used one of the name lists on the front page)
Personal Culture: More of a philosophy than a herd, Gawaiz Dirayat is a spread out group of mystics that practice divination and healing arts with the help spirit guides. The hierarchy consists of a handful of traveling masters that select gifted foals to become students of their ways. Members have the title of students no matter how long they have been part of the group, unless they are selected by a master on their death bed to take over for them.
Students have the choice of staying and helping in the area they are from/herd they are with, or traveling to help others. Where they go/what they do is decided by the spirits that surround them, but sometimes members make bias decisions one way or the other. The spirits can only guide, not command, and some do choose to ignore the guidance.
Herd History: The traditions are passed down from master to student. When a master crosses over, their spirit stays behind to help and guide the new master. Most traditions are kept orally, although very important incantations are written down.
Requirements to join: Must be chosen by the guiding spirits of one of the Masters of the Gawaiz Dirayat. It is seen as very lucky to be picked.

Root Family: N/A. Members can be from any background. Children of Gawaiz Dirayat students are not automatically granted admission, and still must still be selected by the spirits.
---- Open custom applications or Invite only? Open to custom into, but the character's back story must have that they were "chosen" or "selected" to join.

Trademark item: Members have a glyph (design still TDB) either painted or tattooed on them to show their status as students of the Gawaiz Dirayat. The glyph could also be embroidered onto the headscarf , but this is seen by other members as less committed to the cause.
List of references:
- While they don't swear off wealth, master Gawaiz Dirayat display less bells than other Badieh Badawie, and mostly live off of the gifts and kindness of those they help. Members can become very wealthy if they choose, but most keep only what they need to survive.
- Magical charms, pendants, and tokens are common accessories as students use them as a focus to help them talk to the spirits.
- Bags filled with scrolls, books, positions, and ingredients are fairly standard sights.
- Some members tend to focus more on the spiritual than the physical realm, and can look unkempt or ragged from time to time. Not every place they visit is an oasis, always being on the move takes its toll.
Color Scheme Limits: N/A, but some masters may still harbor personal biases based on what herd they originated from that may hamper the decision making process.

Breed Limits: Must follow the breed limitations of the Badieh Badawie, although more "magically inclined" breeds like Ulun'suti and Angeni would be more common than in the general population (But, on the whole, they are still super rare! The spirits just have a tendency to choose these breeds on the rare occasions they encounter them).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm
~~I dream of gardens in the desert sand~~

HERD NAME: Gadwa Leila
Reasoning for Herd Name: Gadwa means 'gift, benefit,' and leila means 'night.' The night is a gift to the thief, which offers the benefit of darkness and shadows to aid their heists. In addition, to be a member of the Gadwa Leila is highly beneficial -- all members of the guild watch out for each other, and so long as each pulls their weight, the rewards will be bountiful. It is not entirely uncommon for them to simply be referred to as the Thieves Guild, but Gadwa Leila is their true name.
Personal Culture: The Gadwa Leila are a group of organized, mutually beneficial thieves that lurk within the Debbani. They exist in a chain of command for efficiency, and while most wealth and resources are generally shared in a communal pool to be sure each member is taken care of, those who go above and beyond are always rewarded a little extra for their efforts. Freeloaders are not tolerated; unless sick, injured, or elderly, all members are expected to pull their weight. They believe that if a thief is skilled enough, all they should need to rely on is the silver of their tongue, the blackness of the night, and the weight of their gold to be successful -- violence is for desperate amateurs and should be avoided if at all possible, but not at risk of one's life. The Gadwa Leila have eyes and ears everywhere, and they don't just steal precious bells and trinkets -- they will also deal in secrets, blackmail, and sabotage. They do not, however, deal in the trafficking of living creatures. The Gadwa Leila also believe in maintaining connections in high places; after all, how else would they be able to get inside information from those pretty pale herds? They know as well as anyone else that greed lurks even in the heart beneath the snowiest white pelt, and gladly arrange deals with families or herds to rob others -- for a cut of the spoils, of course. In turn, on rare occasion, they will strike ongoing deals with families and herds to protect their earnings and guarantee that the Gadwa Leila will not rob them, so long as they keep up with their payments and frequently make use of their services. The Gadwa Leila are a family, and to cross one is to cross them all. They do not rob each other, and while they may steal from some Debbani, they do not steal from the poor.
Herd History: The Gadwa Leila was not always known as such; when the group first formed, they were simply called the Thieves Guild, and they were not so advanced as they are today. It took much trial and error to work out how the guild should function, and for a long time they merely stole goods for themselves instead of hiring themselves out or practising sabotage, blackmail, and collecting secrets. The Guild's hideaway was discovered a number of times, forcing them to flee and abandon their spoils, but over time they grew with new experiences under their hooves, learning how to bribe, learning how to be selective of their recruits, learning how to keep themselves hidden. Learning to become what they are today.
Requirements to join: The Gadwa Leila find you, not the other way around. Members of the guild keep their ears alert and their eyes open, watching the Debbani for skilled thieves or those who show promise, and those who are more aligned with their tactics -- they certainly don't want to recruit any bloodthirsty killers into their group, and no one who would get them caught. Even before the invitation is extended, the potential new herd member will be put to the test; they will be hired to perform a specific job of difficulty, and if they succeed? Welcome to the family, my friend.

Root Family: N/A. Even if mates are both members of the Gadwa Leila, their children are not automatically members. They must earn it. Their parents are welcome to train them, of course, and when they are skilled enough the Guild will consider recruiting them.
---- Open custom applications or Invite only? N/A.

Trademark item: N/A.
List of references: N/A.
Color Scheme Limits: Dark colors only, aka those that fit in with the Debbani.
Breed Limits: N/A. Yes, you may join even if you're a mini! Being little and unassuming has it's perks for the thief life.  

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:30 pm
Both herd ideas approved!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:05 pm
Wheee. biggrin Should I make a thread in your guild for the herd?

Also those plush minis are super cute!  

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 pm
Whichever you'd prefer. biggrin Both are available to you. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 pm
HERD UPDATE!
List of changes: New herd, so all of it!

[color=white]---[/color][*] [b]Gadwa Leila[/b] : ([b][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23498867]LINK[/url][/b])
[b]Summary:[/b] The Gadwa Leila are an exclusive, underground group of organized thieves that lurk within the Debbani. They exist in a chain of command for efficiency, and while most wealth and resources are generally shared in a communal pool to be sure each member is taken care of, those who go above and beyond are always rewarded a little extra for their efforts. Freeloaders are not tolerated; unless sick, injured, or elderly, all members are expected to pull their weight. They believe that if a thief is skilled enough, all they should need to rely on is the silver of their tongue, the blackness of the night, and the weight of their gold to be successful -- violence is for desperate amateurs and should be avoided, but not at risk of one's life. The Gadwa Leila are a family, and to cross one is to cross them all. They do not rob each other, and they do not steal from the poor.
[b]Alpha:[/b] Isra (Nymphalidae) | [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23498391]QUEST[/url]
[b]Representative:[/b] N/A. Not part of the Badieh Alliance.

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 am
I adore the idea. It reminds me of Chimecho evo's line mixed with the setting of Lawrence of Arabia in the best possible way. I'll have to herd lurk now.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:13 am
*lurks* Oooh…this is really interesting.
I really love the idea, I can't wait to see what you guys do with it. ^^

Only have one scarved soquili but he's too fluffy to be up in the deserts during the day. xD
He'd absorb heat like mad… only really likes wandering the night when it's cooler. *bricked*  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 am
Yay! Super stoked!
Posting this now, I'll be adding my quest image as soon as it's done, also. smile

HERD UPDATE!
List of changes: ALL OF IT.

[color=white]---[/color][*] [b]Gawaiz Dirayat[/b] : ([b][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23499347]LINK[/url][/b])
[b]Summary:[/b] More of a philosophy than a herd, Gawaiz Dirayat is a spread out group of mystics that practice divination and healing arts with the help spirit guides. The hierarchy consists of a handful of traveling masters that select gifted foals to become students of their ways.
[b]Alpha:[/b] While there is no true Alpha, these are the current Master Gawaiz Dirayat.
Caioaqug (StarieMichie) | QUEST
[b]Representative:[/b] Petname (Username) | TAG or QUEST

Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas