Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:04 pm
FuzzylilPenguin
Well not to sound like a werido, but what are all those sports sweatdrop

Look! Links and everything!

Footy = Aussie Rules Football - Pretty much 2 teams of guys run around the oval and try to kick the football between the goal posts.

Rugby (League and Union) is another popular ball sport but mostly only in NSW and Queensland. It's another football type game, but it's more about throwing than kicking. I guess it's a bit like American football, except you're only allowed to throw the ball backwards or sideways.

Cricket = I don't know how you could never have heard of cricket. You must have at least seen a cricket bat in a movie somewhere. They're always bashing zombies with them. You have 2 teams, one bats, the other fields. When you hit the ball good you score runs... ah just look at the link.

Curling = Possibly the most awesome sport ever invented. Although I believe Wellzy mentioned it as a comparison to show the sheer badness of American football. Anyway, I don't even know if Australia has a curling team. But it's an ice sport. There's a team of guys. One guy slides this puck thing down a lane, the other guys chase after it with brooms and sweep a trail in front and behind it to make it go further. The team who can make their puck thing go furthest wins.

Us Aussies are pretty much into every sport. Footy and cricket are just the most popular. We play all the sports you are familiar with plus more. There's baseball and softball and soccer and basketball and golf and every type of racing you can think of. There's hockey and netball and polocrosse and boxing and water polo and EVERYTHING.

Plus we're awesome at it. Just look at our massive medal tally from the Commonwealth Games! I mean, we haven't even got a 1/4 of the population of most of the other countries that compete, but we kick all their arses.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:44 pm
EmWah
FuzzylilPenguin
Well not to sound like a werido, but what are all those sports sweatdrop

Look! Links and everything!

Footy = Aussie Rules Football - Pretty much 2 teams of guys run around the oval and try to kick the football between the goal posts.

Rugby (League and Union) is another popular ball sport but mostly only in NSW and Queensland. It's another football type game, but it's more about throwing than kicking. I guess it's a bit like American football, except you're only allowed to throw the ball backwards or sideways.

Cricket = I don't know how you could never have heard of cricket. You must have at least seen a cricket bat in a movie somewhere. They're always bashing zombies with them. You have 2 teams, one bats, the other fields. When you hit the ball good you score runs... ah just look at the link.

Curling = Possibly the most awesome sport ever invented. Although I believe Wellzy mentioned it as a comparison to show the sheer badness of American football. Anyway, I don't even know if Australia has a curling team. But it's an ice sport. There's a team of guys. One guy slides this puck thing down a lane, the other guys chase after it with brooms and sweep a trail in front and behind it to make it go further. The team who can make their puck thing go furthest wins.

Us Aussies are pretty much into every sport. Footy and cricket are just the most popular. We play all the sports you are familiar with plus more. There's baseball and softball and soccer and basketball and golf and every type of racing you can think of. There's hockey and netball and polocrosse and boxing and water polo and EVERYTHING.

Plus we're awesome at it. Just look at our massive medal tally from the Commonwealth Games! I mean, we haven't even got a 1/4 of the population of most of the other countries that compete, but we kick all their arses.

So basicly footy is like our soccer and I guessin netball is like volley ball
Thanks for fillin me in smile
I got the info for AFS so I am hopin I can go smile
lets see..
Whats your favorite thing to do?
lol my town is so small so I usually stay home, I am on the IVFD Independence Voulenteer Fire Department,
Its fun and I get paid. Well I need to get going my freinds sweet 16 bday is today gona go bug her
But I will talk to ya later smile  

FuzzylilPenguin

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:39 pm
FuzzylilPenguin

Not really, no. Soccer is Soccer. We do have Soccer. Football is like Grid Iron, except it's played on an oval, the guys are hotter and wear less, the ball is kicked more often than not, there are four goal posts, and it's faster.

Netball is like Basketball, but it's mostly played by women.

I live in Melbourne which has a population of about 3 million. There's heaps to do, but I still don't do much. When I do, it's just a trip into the city for drinks, or maybe around the city, for random shopping and observing.

Very exciting.

And EmWah, Curling rocks. Wanna start an Australian Team?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:39 pm
WellzY
FuzzylilPenguin

Not really, no. Soccer is Soccer. We do have Soccer. Football is like Grid Iron, except it's played on an oval, the guys are hotter and wear less, the ball is kicked more often than not, there are four goal posts, and it's faster.

Netball is like Basketball, but it's mostly played by women.

I live in Melbourne which has a population of about 3 million. There's heaps to do, but I still don't do much. When I do, it's just a trip into the city for drinks, or maybe around the city, for random shopping and observing.

Very exciting.

And EmWah, Curling rocks. Wanna start an Australian Team?

Gotcha!
If I do the exchange student thing, where would you sugest I go
In New Zeland I can go to Auckland,Wellington or Christchurch

and In Australia I can go to Sydney, Melbourne, Perth or Canberra..

:S What do you guys think?  

FuzzylilPenguin

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Well I've never been to New Zealand, I went to Canberra 10 years ago, Sydney 14 years ago, and I've never been to Perth, soooo... I duno.

Personally, because I've seen heaps of it and I prefer a cooler temperature, I'd love to go to New Zealand. Perth is sort of small and country-ish, and so is Canberra to an extent. I'd rule out those two straight away.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:26 am
I reckon Melbourne in Australia. Canberra is boring and full of politicians. Sydney is hot and stinky. Perth is a really nice place but I wouldn't want to be there for too long. So yeah I'd go Melbz.

Dunno about the NZ places. I've never been there.  

EmWah
Crew

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:54 am
Sydney...Hot?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh....the part..where you...you said..hot..

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Yeah...I'd go places like Brisbane

and Melborne....and Like...Just stay away from Alice springs, chances are you'll get mugged, Rapped, Tripple Homicided all on the same night.

Quote:
"Anarchy rules the streets of alice springs, Police Seargent calls for Stricker youth control laws."

Oh that and Alice makes Sydney look like Antarctica.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:01 pm
Lol, if you're only going for a week, Canberra's great. Any longer & you'll have done everything & will be thoroughly bored out of your brains.

It's not "country-ish", it's just small. Like a miniature city. It's very cute & pretty & full of trees & flowers (especially if you go during September - October when Florade is on), but it's small. A 40 min drive will literally get you from one end of Canberra to the other.

I've had loads of people who've been to both Canberra & Melbourne say that they're almost exactly the same, just Melbourne is bigger & Canberra is smaller.

Speaking from experience, that's pretty much right... Canberra has more trees & flowers & a building full of politicians, but hey, they stole it from Melbourne, because Melb had it first. Otherwise, very much the same... Lol... they even have the same people....

JewelsSparkle

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:06 pm
JewelsSparkle
Lol, if you're only going for a week, Canberra's great. Any longer & you'll have done everything & will be thoroughly bored out of your brains.

It's not "country-ish", it's just small. Like a miniature city. It's very cute & pretty & full of trees & flowers (especially if you go during September - October when Florade is on), but it's small. A 40 min drive will literally get you from one end of Canberra to the other.

I've had loads of people who've been to both Canberra & Melbourne say that they're almost exactly the same, just Melbourne is bigger & Canberra is smaller.

Speaking from experience, that's pretty much right... Canberra has more trees & flowers & a building full of politicians, but hey, they stole it from Melbourne, because Melb had it first. Otherwise, very much the same... Lol... they even have the same people....

Well basicly Ill be going for 3 months.. I live in a small town in California
called Independence where you can walk from one side to the other in about 5 mins.. look it up on yahoo you will see or even google earth. But eather way should be rockin I think!
Sydney and Melbourne I thought would be cool, gona get my bfs side as well as yours. =) Ohh shiz my friends are here to play DDR ((dance dance revoultion)) and yea so Ill be back tonight
<3 thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:55 pm
Yes, we do know what DDR is rolleyes  

EmWah
Crew

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 pm
EmWah
Yes, we do know what DDR is rolleyes
I know, Most people spell it out when we talk about it here its just habbit!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:05 pm
Yeah, my town has a population of 500 people its really small!
lol Independence California, you should look it up sometime, our high school has 20 kids 9-12th grade. So it will be different to come to school with more people!..  

FuzzylilPenguin

FuzzylilPenguin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:07 pm
WellzY
Well I've never been to New Zealand, I went to Canberra 10 years ago, Sydney 14 years ago, and I've never been to Perth, soooo... I duno.

Personally, because I've seen heaps of it and I prefer a cooler temperature, I'd love to go to New Zealand. Perth is sort of small and country-ish, and so is Canberra to an extent. I'd rule out those two straight away.
Yeah, My teacher said Melbourne and Sydney had the cool beaches and it would be fun to go there so yea, I belive its much cheeper to go to Australia then NZ or I would go to NZ, I dont have much to spair lol if I even get to go razz  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:59 pm
FuzzylilPenguin
WellzY

Yeah, My teacher said Melbourne and Sydney had the cool beaches and it would be fun to go there so yea, I belive its much cheeper to go to Australia then NZ or I would go to NZ, I dont have much to spair lol if I even get to go razz

The New Zealand Dollar is only slightly cheaper than ours. I think 1 AU$ will get you 1.3 NZ$ but I'm not possitive. It could even be 1.1.

Also, Melbourne has horrible, horrible beaches. You don't come to Melbourne for the beaches, you come for the culture, the night-life, the dinning and the shopping. But my god, you do not come for the beaches. Sydney is more big on the beaches.

Also, Melbourne is huge. By car, it would probably take 5 hours to get from one extreme to the other. Three for a conservative estimate.  

WellzY
Crew

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:17 am
Hmmn I dunno. It only takes about an hour... maybe an hour and a half to get from the city to my brothers house in Cranbourne, which is pretty much as far out as it gets on that side. I reckon 3 hours from one end to the other, with good traffick that is.

And yeah, as said a couple of pages ago, Melbourne does have terrible beaches. If you want to see nice beaches in Victoria you have to travel at least 100k from Melbourne.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff