Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:19 pm
User Image
๐”พ๐•ช๐•ก๐•ค๐•ช ๐•š๐•ค...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // fancying Daniel Kiremonospace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable on the Pitchspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, we're starting with Beaters? Awesome...' spacespac

เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ The phone rings in the middle of the night;
My father yells, 'what you gonna do with your life?'
เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

spaceGypsy felt an odd sense of pride when the professor granted them all house points for their answers; wait, since when did she care about house points? That was... annoying. But, whatever. She listened in on the instructions the professor gave and smiled. This would be awesome; she'd learn to play the position, and probably end up better at it than she was at Chaser, because there's no way she could be worse at it. She mounted her broom and took off, bat in hand, and immediately threw herself into the fray. No time to hold back, right? The more hits she got in, the more practice she'd get, the better she'd be at the end of the lesson.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
                                                          But girls, they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!
                                                          เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Modifiers: (+1 on Hitting Bludgers)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: โค โค โค
โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
Final Roll: 07 MISS

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:23 pm
User Image
๐”ผ๐•”๐•™๐•  ๐•š๐•ค...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // dating Kasdeja de Assispace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish on the Pitchspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Resignedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Can't I just skip everything but the Keeper lesson?' spacespac

โ™ฃ โ™ฅ โ™ฆ โ™  Can I pose a question? How do you kill what is dead?
I just shoot from the hip, and I aim for the head.
โ™ฃ โ™ฅ โ™ฆ โ™ 
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

spaceEcho sighed, relieved that at least they weren't trying to hit the balls at each other, and that they would be relatively safe from injury. He took a bat, mounted his broom, and was off, watching a few of his classmates try before making his own attempt, trying to watch the successes and failures, looking for some hint of what the difference between success and failure was. When his sister tried, he narrowed his eyes, curious. From his vantage point... he didn't think she'd hit the ball hard enough. He wasn't particularly sure if he wanted to really try... if he ended up being better at this than his sister, she might kill him. Beater had been the position she'd originally wanted anyway... still, he had to participate. So, he went for it.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          โ™ฃ โ™ฅ โ™ฆ โ™  He used to be your friend; that was another life.
                                                          With a single bullet, we're gonna blow his mind
                                                          โ™ฃ โ™ฅ โ™ฆ โ™ 

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Modifiers: (+1 to Hitting Bludgers)
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: โค โค โค
โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
Final Roll: 20

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:00 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon watched his students get to it. โ€œNice shot Miss Mitchell. Good first try Miss Cherri.โ€ He said before watching Claire. Despite Claire being late she had made two attempts, her second much better than her first. โ€œWell done Miss Alexandrie. Iโ€™ll excuse your lateness since itโ€™s the first week but donโ€™t make it a habit.โ€ Landon told her. Heโ€™d let her off this time but next time she wouldnโ€™t be so lucky. Turning to the rest of his class he watched Gypsy and Echo. โ€œNice first try Miss Lovette try lining your shot up with the target before swinging.โ€ Landon told her before watching one of the best shots heโ€™d seen out of his years of teaching. โ€œWell done Mr. Lovette, youโ€™d make a good Beater.โ€ He said rather impressed. A little while later it was time to call the class to an end. Landon sure was happy about the turn out.

----------

โ€œGood morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.โ€ Landon told the class as they crowded around. โ€œThe Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.โ€ He explained. โ€œNow can anyone tell me what that is and why itโ€™s one of the most important jobs?โ€ he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

With: my third year class

OOC: Sorry for the wait. This class will go till next weekend character's will be considered late by Sunday at midnight EST

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:13 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Ex Football Player{|}Third Year

He walked onto the pitch and listened to the professor, not really liking that this class was so Quidditch centralized. He wondered if he could just drop the course to free up some time, but he figured he probably shouldn't because if he learned to play maybe he could play in a few pick up games someday.

He listened to the teacher and instantly deferred from answering the question, for he knew that the other kids deserved to answer it...because you know...they actually play...unlike him. He felt like he didn't deserve to answer it to be honest. So really, he kept quiet.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:24 pm
User Image

User Image
"What you confuse for honesty,
is fire from the tongue of a liar.
What you confuse for sanity,
is a broken mirror that cracks more.

Claire frowned as the professor called her out on her lateness. Whatever...It wasn't like it mattered much to her. She just had to show up. That's it.

....Yep.

--

The next day she got down to the pitch early, ready to start the new class. She didn't want to get lambasted again, even if she didn't care.

Claire put on a fake smile, ready to put on her perfect little persona, "The Seeker is the only position that can catch the snitch which adds one hundred-fifty points...and ends the game." She then thought for a moment, "If the Seeker doesn't catch the snitch, the game does not end."

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "...Hmph.."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a third year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:16 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Advanced Flying: Friday 10:00am to 10:45am

Leonette skipped onto the field with her broom in hand. She was always excited for this class or so It seemed. Today was the day she would learn about Seeker. It was a position she knew David played but it had never really interested her personally. She just wasn't the seeking type of girl. She looked over at Theo when Professor Price asked the question figuring he of all people would be the first. He'd tried out for the position when they first came to Hogwarts so it seemed logical. However he didn't in fact it was Claire who answered the Professor's question.

Thinking about what Claire had said Leonette decided to add to it. "Because the snitch is worth so much in most cases that team usually wins the game." she said with a smile. To be honest Leonette didn't think there was anything to add it just hit her suddenly when she really thought about it. Well at least she was participating right?

With: class...

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: ---
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, +1 experience played, +1 advanced flying I
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:12 am
Waking up in a world surrounded by flames...
Where everything I liked is about to fade...
How could you be the one, if you're not the same?
If in the hands of gods, you have lost your way?
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!
No matter what it takes, I'll try to save the ghost lights...
How ever hard I pray to remake you mine-
I will never fall down!

How ever hard I pray: Happy
To remake you mine: ...
I will never fall down: Third Years
No matter what it takes: Advanced Flying

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | T H I R D Y E A R User Image

Elsie didn't say anything, letting the other students answer this one. She wondered what playing seeker was really like. She didn't think she would be very good at it. She was tall and gawky. Seekers had to be small and agile. Also, she'd been hit with bludgers before, and she didn't want to be hit with even more because she was a seeker. To her, chaser was much preferred.

I'LL TRY TO SAVE THE GHOST LIGHTS...

Waking up in the fog, the dust and the pain...
And of the sunny days, no traces remain...
How could you be the one, if you sail away?
Without you I can't stand the sound of the rain!
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:54 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon listened to his class nodding at Claire and Leonette's answers. "Yes you are correct Miss Alexandrie 10 points to Slytherin, and you as well Miss Mitchell 5 points to Gryffindor." he said knowing he should have expected that they knew the answer. It was an obvious one that much he knew. However he couldn't help but wonder why Theo didn't shout out an answer. From what he understood didn't that boy tryout for Seeker a couple years back? He probably was having the case of disappoint at not being good on the first go. Pushing the thought aside Landon made it his mission to figure that out later.

"Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing or watching the game." he said taking out the golden ball and holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task today is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do your best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your effort." Landon told them. "So go get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch 19+ to spot, 22+ to catch.

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Advanced Flying: Friday 10:00am to 10:45am

Leonette was determined to enjoy the position of Seeker while she could. After all she wasn't going to be seeking after this, chasing was her thing. Looking at the golden snitch Leonette wondered how fast it actually was. She'd never chased one before, which in a way she assumed would be like chasing a person. Of course she could be wrong. Credit for trying she loved this class. "Alright, I'm going to find that snitch!" Leonette cheered as she watched it fly off. Getting on her broom she flew into the air, and started scanning the area.

With: class...

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, +1 experience played, +1 advanced flying I
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon was excited for this lesson. Why? Because he was teaching his third years how to play the position he grew up playing. When they came in he went straight to it a smile beaming on his face. "Hello class today I have two positions we're going to be covering Chaser, and Keeper. Why put the two together, well I figure since they are largely related to one another it's only fitting." he explained.

"Now who can tell me about either position? Any takers?" Landon asked curiously. You could tell that he was overly enthusiastic about this lecture today. Almost makes you wonder if he played on of the positions they were discussing. Either way Landon was the happiest he'd ever been teaching his class.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch get a higher dice roll to score / save and roll higher then a players AC to steal.

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:16 pm
NEW YEAR!!

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more then last and that he could teach them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "This year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. Now today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆxx โ„“ฮตxฮนฮทฮต vฮฑฮทcฮต xxโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆxxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Lexine walked quietly onto the pitch, just happy to be there. Advanced Flying II was most likely going to be just as fun as the first class was, plus she would be learning all the different parts of Quidditch. It was going to be interesting, after all Lexine had never played anything but Seeker and didn't exactly have the build to play much else. Either way, at least she'd know how to play if she didn't get the Seeker spot. She greeted Professor Price with a smile as she walked onto the pitch. She stood quietly waiting for the lesson to start.

When everyone made it to the pitch the professor started. The first place they'd be learning about was Beater. Lexine thought a bit, she didn't know much about the position. She thought a bit before raising her hand.
                                                "There's always two Beaters on a team..." Lexine said quietly, not knowing what else to say.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:01 am
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his uniform
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // Advance Flying II
CURRENTLY FEELING // excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // Ah, we get to start with the beater position...
spacespac

space Julius was looking forward to Advance Flying II as this was the class where they would really get to dive into the different positions of quidditch. He had always been active, and his brother Tyson had joined his house team the year before as a beater. And this year, Julius was trying out though he wasn't entirely sure where his true skills would lie in any position-though he was most interested in the seeker position as he didn't have to wait around for others as much. However being a beater sounded interesting enough.

When Professor Price greeted them and introduced the class he said they would start off with the beater position and asked about more information on the position. Lexine offered that there was two beaters on a team and Julius offered, "Also, beaters are the only ones who hit bludgers at the opposing team's player according to the rule, but they can also protect their own teammates from getting hit."

(( OOC: ....))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 pm
x
User Image
Y V O N N E M O R E A U โ—‹ โ—‹ โ—‹
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx______halfblood__third year__slytherin__

Again, why was Yvonne in a class that she didn't need? She didn't play quidditch, and didn't plan to for all her life. Perhaps that "advanced" title got to her. Though, sadly, as a non-player, it might hurt her, since she lacked the experience with quidditch that her peers have. Though, on the other hand, it might not matter, because the professor just said that they would go over all four positions. This meant that, perhaps, a rising star beater might make the world's worst seeker. Yvonne could only hope.

At least she would try her best to outshine her colleagues. "Beaters need great physical arm strength to hit bludgers." She was just randomly guessing: since beaters had to swing bats around and aim an iron ore with a tremendous amount of momentum at moving targets, it was rather nonsensical to say otherwise.

โ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œ

โ that smile is fake โž

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:41 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Advanced Flying : Friday (10:00am to 10:45am)

Jasper came onto the field with his broom. He was ready for another day of flying despite knowing Alice wasn't there. He'd gone all week off and on not seeing her he was seemed to be handling it better. At least he hoped so anyways. The first topic they were covering was Beater which made Jasper super happy. He really wanted to learn more about that position, after all he played it. When asked what they new Jasper brought himself to speak. "They protect their teammates." he said fighting to keep his voice high enough to be heard.

With: Classmates

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces