Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Cupid's Ballroom Dance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 am
User Image
YANNICxx MARTINI
1ˁᵀ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxxxxxxƦαυεπclαω

ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉᶰᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶤ'ᵐ ᶰᵒᵗ ˡᵒᶰᵉˡʸ ᵇᵘᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᶤ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᶜᵒᶰˢᵗᵃᶰᵗˡʸ ᶠᵒᵒˡᶤᶰᵍ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉᶰᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶤᵗ ᵈᵒᶰ'ᵗ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵇᵘᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᶤ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ˢᶤᵗᵗᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵉʳᵉ ˡʸᶤᶰᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢᵒᵐᵉ ˢᵃʸ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃᶤᶰ'ᵗ ʷᵒʳᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵘᶜᵏxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᵇᵘᵗ ᶤ'ˡˡ ᵍᶤᵛᵉ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ᵈᶤᵐᵉ ᶤ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ˡᵉᶠᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ᵗᵒ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶤ'ᵛᵉ ᵒᶰˡʸ ᵇᵉᵉᶰ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐᶤᶰᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ttire: [x]
                                                    xxood: Embarrassed
                                                    xxxxocation: Ballroom
                                                    xxxxxxompanions: Jesse and David

Yannic was grinning from ear to ear. Everything was falling into place, and even though his spontaneous ‘date’ had snatched his aviators away from him that didn’t really seem to bother the boy, which was a little surprising considering how irked he would be if any other stranger had decided to alter his outfit choice, no matter how little the change might have been. ”Oh please.” Yannic laughed. ”I’m no James Bond, I assure you. I am, however, the next best thing. My name is Yannic, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He said, smiling at both David and Jesse before turning his attention back to the Ravenclaw and bowing. He passed the platter onto the boy. ”Thank you, good sir. Enjoy your read.” He said, feeling a little more at ease now when he realized that David didn’t seem to be competing for Jesse… and even if he had been, Yannic already won in that regard anyways.

He turned back to Jesse, smiling again. ”Well then, I guess for the next fourteen hours I’m yours then. Shall we? The dance floor awaits.” He said, chuckling softly as he held a hand out towards Jesse. Yannic waited for the boy to take his hand before leading him to the dancefloor.

Kai Sparrowheart

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:38 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Formal Wear (and bringing a book or two).

A slimy one... was he one of the bunch sorted into Slytherin this year, too?

David rolled his eyes as he took the platter while Yannic flirted. It seemed slimy. Or like the wolf in the story Little Red Riding Hood. It looked like the beginnings of one of Grimm's Fairy Tale's or something... the originals... which come to think of it is what his little sister had always preferred to have read to them as children because they were "more authentic" and "historically accurate". And, she judged him for being interested in reading his father's medical textbooks...

Regardless, as he took the platter, he realized a bit why both sides of his families didn't have house elves and why his father or mother never thought of hiring a live-in buttler or nanny: it was kind of demeaning. And without pay worse-which would be where house elves stood or at least had stood almost completely at one time. "Oh don't worry I will. Any of the books I borrow from my father's study are most enlightening. Who knows, since you are the next best thing to James Bond, it might serve useful for me to remember what I read so I can properly stitch up any of your bullet wounds if any unsavory enemies of yours happen to interrupt your dance," David said, half sarcastically to Yannic, before, managing to flip open his book and juggle the platter, obviously something he wasn't used to.

At this sort of thing his father hired someone else to carry the platters. Hell, he wasn't sure why he even offered to help Yannic in the first place. He thought the kid was slimy and was neutral about Jesse. It had been a whim based on the fact he was half entertained by the entire situation. They did say curiosity killed the cat-which was a stupid phrase-but he was pretty sure it was killing his hand at the moment. He was still contemplating ditching the platter and those two and leaving them to their own devices since he had only made the butler offer as a joke, even if honestly he really had no better plans.

Quote:
[quote="Kai Sparrowheart"][/quote="Forks Anonymous"]
Quote:
[quote="Kai Sparrowheart"][/quote="Forks Anonymous"][quote][/quote]

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
b a l l ✖
l o n e s o m e s ✖
v a l e n t i n e b a l l
n e u t r a l ✖
s i n g l e ✖
C U R R E N T . A P P E A R A N C E

"You liar," Kas teased, when his partner had been accosted by numerous students as they danced. "Look who's popular!" Recognizing a few of them as upperclassmen and another younger first year, Kas grinned apologetically, raising a hand to wave momentarily. "I'll have her back in a little bit, I promise," Kas smiled, hoping he hadn't officially ruined any plans.

Kas bit back a snort of laughter at the effects of Gypsy's impromptu change, tilting his gaze away until it was back to normal. That was probably a very good choice on her part. "Lovely to see you've got your bases covered," he informed her, taking the momentary lead and initiating a spin on her part. It was much easier when one didn't mind height in a significant other. Unlike her, the redhead regrettably had the other mindset. Taller people were much more his cup of tea.

The redhead rolled his eyes at the waggling again, smirking at the riddlish words of the upperclassman. So this was an older sister, hmm? At her take on Echo and the small mysteries Kas raised a brow, mulling everything over quickly. "You would know him that well?" he asked, a curious expression along with the pleasant grin. If all siblings knew each other like that, he was sort of thankful and regretful he had none-- he didn't know, having someone who knew you that well was sort of intimidating, but at the same time it would be a little easier, wouldn't it? Having someone who'd get you-- at least, in the things that matter most.

When the subject of uniforms came up, a light scowl came over the sharp features, inciting another roll of chartreuse eyes. "I didn't even bother. It's surprisingly easy getting away with the jeans and the boots underneath the robes." As far as rules and decorum went, Kas only barely managed to keep in line. If he was going to go around with curtains on his person then he damn well was going to wear whatever he wanted under it. It was usually just the slacks he opposed, and the shoes, opting to replace it with a pair of shredded jeans and a pair of boots, though he wasn't above completely rehashing it. The redhead laughed at the next mention of the dancing lessons, following Gypsy's line of sight when she looked over at his friends as well. Come to think of it, she was a fine dance partner and the overall performance was definitely smooth above-par. "Many thanks for the compliment," Kas laughed, continuing the sentence along with the mention of the lessons. "I wouldn't know-- I can't imagine you two taking dancing lessons, and together?" he grinned, looking over at the younger Lovette. "How did that go?" he asked. It painted an amusing picture-- but then, everything to him was an amusing picture.

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

Mizuki

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 am
User Image

i m p r e s s s u r p r i s e b e d a z z l e m e - - -
h u f f l e p u f f t a b l e ✖
n o o n e ✖
v a l b a l l
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

To say he was surprised was definitely an understatement.

Well, having the upperclassman he had most certainly been crushing on-- it was sort of pointless to admit otherwise, really, and he was okay with the knowledge, unlike a lot of people-- asking for a dance and handing him an orange rose. How did he know orange was his favourite colour? Taking the rose from the other, Del gave a bright grin. "Hello, Victor! I suppose I should say happy Valentine's," the blonde grinned with his greeting, bending slightly to press a kiss on the other's cheek. "And thank you, it's beautiful!" And it really was!

At the invitation to dance, the blonde's reply was a blinding grin before sweeping the other off to the dance floor. He led, for the moment, but Del was perfectly willing to reverse the roles if Victor wanted to do so. "Did I pull you away from Ronna?" he asked, slightly guilty, since he had seen the pinkette dancing with the other blonde. "Not that I'm complaining, but, is it alright, I mean?" Blue eyes widened curiously, waiting for a response.

Squeeky Luff

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:55 am
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor shuffled his feet some, the confident demeanor he had earlier with Ronna, completely evaporated into this shy, and slightly awkward person. Then again....it was love....or a crush. Whichever.
When Del took the rose with a grin and then kissed him on the cheek, he blushed even more than he was, "Ah...Ah...Oui..." At the mention of Valentine's day he nodded, "Joyeuse Saint-Valentin, Del~" He replied back.

Victor actually stuttered less when in his native tongue, which was quite refreshing as such a slip of the French language could make what he meant sound like something else.

That was when Del grabbed him and swept him to the dance floor, with Del leading. He was actually alright with this, since he had played the lead with Ronna and all, it was a nice break. Speaking of Ronna, "It's fine....Sh-she...uh...understands." Mostly because Victor knew that Ronna was cheering for him and Del to get together, which would be a dream come true if it actually happened, "It's ni-nice dancing with you....though..." Victor finished with a small, shy smile as he leaned against Del some.

I feel blushy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "....Did Del put on cologne or something?"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud third year
My puppeteer says "Do I really need a translation of what Victor said? XD It's sorta obvious, ne?" Out of character.

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:46 am
User Image
User Image

When Rome's in ruins, we are the lions.
Free of the coliseums.
In poison places, we are anti-venom.
We're the beginning of the end.

ℭompany: No one, yet.
ℑhoughts: I feel...awkward.
ℱeeling: Awkward.
ℒocation: Cupid's Ball.

Darren followed the throng of students to the Great Hall, but skirted around the dance floor. He didn't really have a date, but he wanted to go. He wanted to be there...for whatever reason his gut told him to be there for. Darren ran his fingers through his semi-styled hair before shoving his hands into his trouser pockets. He spotted a group of his friends and walked over, standing near the twins. Darren waved at everyone, taking note of Gypsy and her dancing with a boy with a red hair. "This is us having fun, then?" He asked the two beside him, watching Gypsy dance with her friend.

Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds.
It's all over now. Before it has begun.
We've already won.

The Forgotten Weasley
Cara Miakitty
Mizuki

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:09 am
User ImageUser Image

ҭнɩяȡ ϒєȧяɌɑɣȇɳɔɭΔϣӍʯɠʛɫεҍѻʀлϩɩɳɡʃҙ

Erica stepped quietly into the hall being quickly surrounded by what seemed like hundreds of dancing couples. She suddenly felt very self-conscious. This was not her. She was simply not the kind of girl to get dressed up and...show herself off. It made her more than a little uncomfortable. Yet here she was, decked out in every imaginable shade of red there was on this Earth, and wearing actual jewelry. With hearts. She sighed slightly and blew a perfectly styled piece of hair from her pale face. She glanced around, mindlessly fingering the edge of her red wrap. She took a few more steps around, her red heels clicking across the stone floor. Maybe she shouldn't have come. Maybe she should just head back to the common room and put on pajamas, maybe read a nice book in front of the fire. At least than she would be alone.She sighed once again.
{OoC: outfit in pic }

heather030595

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:11 am
User Image
User Image

Anastasia hid a small snort at her best friend's antics, rolling her eyes at the bet and laughing in disbelief as he went to carry out his end of the bet as fast as he could to win. Oh, hell no, Yannic-- what the ********? He was serious! Admittedly, aside from dissolving into mad giggles at the scene she could see-- smooth, real smooth-- and having a tonne of people stare at her, she wasn't expecting the other greeting to come.

Anastasia laughed at the compliment from Inigo, who had, in the time between her disbelief, appeared to ask her to dance. "You're looking pretty dashing yourself," the Slytherin grinned, pushing herself off the wall. "I wouldn't mind at all." Taking the lead-- here, anyway, the blonde pulled them both to the floor, participating in the throng of people already on the floor. "So, do you know how to dance?" Anastasia asked, a small grin curving up her lips.

h o w d o y o u d o t h e r e?- - -
p a r s e l m o u t h
s l y t h t a b l e s

a l o n e
v a l e n t i n e
e x c i t e d
s i n g l e
o o c : closed

Forks Anonymous

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:39 pm
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: Ravenclaw{|}Seer{|}First Year

Iñigo smiled as she agreed and he instantly followed her as she pulled him towards the dance floor. He, for the meantime, had to look at the back of her head for a time until she had found an open space among the crowd, but all that did was make him smile brightly. It grew boring sitting around at the banquet tables, twiddling his thumbs and watching the crowd of joyful dancers, enjoying their time together. He wanted to enjoy his time here as well, and dancing would help him achieve that, and to be given the chance to dance with a young lady such as this was an added bonus. He had not been lying when he had told her that she had looked beautiful. As...interesting as her dress had been, nothing paralleled to the girl's shining blue eyes, which he had noticed the first time they had met.

"Yes I do. If I didn't, I think my family would laugh at me. Spaniards take their dancing very seriously," he said, laughing a bit. He remembered the lessons his family had always forced him to partake in. It wasn't even by a professional either, just the family. Those were long, strenuous evenings that seemed to be never ending some days. "Are you?" He smiled at her, secretly hoping she was good at the trade, but if she wasn't, that was okay too. He would dance with her either way.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:58 pm
User Image
Jesse Giovanni Fiore
Eleven~ Hufflepuff

✵ ✴ We live in cities you'll never see onscreen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know we're on each others team

I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air✵ ✴

【♖】
【♖】 【♖】 【♖】 【♖】

Jesse laughed, taking his hand. He was surprised at himself; usually cocky people bothered him, but this guy had a sense of humor. Turning back to the first boy, he whispered quickly. "Sorry about this, just set it down somewhere," he said, feeling bad. Yannic was being kind of a jerk to the boy.
Looking back at Yannic, he gave his own little bow.
"I'm Jesse or Van Fiore, whichever you prefer," his hybrid Italian accent pronounced more when he said his name as always. "We shall," he said, taking a step towards the dance floor.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing~

Kai Sparrowheart

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:28 pm
User Image
User Image

We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team.

Bristian looked around the Great Hall. Should she try and fail at finding someone to dance with? Or should she go get food? Obviously, the food, but Bris had a feeling that if her sister were there, she'd encourage her to find someone to, at least, talk to. Bristian ran fingers through her curls and stepped onto the dance floor, maybe someone would catch her eye. Or she'd catch someone else's. Or she could go find some parchment and write a story about someone sweeping someone else of their feet! That'd be so much easier. But where would she get a quill and parchment? Could she sneak out to Hogsmeade real quick and grab something? Probably not, but she could try, but that was a long way to walk. Bristian sighed to herself, she could at least plan in her head, right?

Call all the ladies out.
They’re in their finery.
A hundred jewels on throats.
A hundred jewels between teeth.
Now bring my boys in.
Their skin in craters like the moon.
The moon we love like a brother, while he glows through the room.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:29 pm
User Image

| Ani James |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Ani is...
CURRENTLY // dressed up for the ball
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // Christofer Little
CURRENTLY FEELING // excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'yay! someone to talk to!'

Ani grimaced and then smiled
"I've never been good at classical dancing." then she added" Oh, and im Ani James, first year hufflepuff. nice to meet you." she made a small, over exaggerated curtsy, grinning a bit. Then she looked at him in mild surprise at his offer to dance. She wondered if he didn’t have someone he was meeting here, but didn’t question is for more than a brief moment, figuring he wouldn’t ask her to dance if he had somewhere to go. She smiled lightly, placing her hand in his. "Sure. I mean, if you don’t mind being in severe danger of squished toes. That's a definite possibility."

[[O.O.C. oh its finee ((; dont worry bout it. <3 ]]

Loyal...And a hard worker to boot,
You help those in need, I see,
Then this house is perfect for that attitude...
Hufflepuff!

User Image

heather030595

Artemitus

Sarcastic Sweetheart

15,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:37 pm
Corabell Kiremono~Hufflepuff Fourth Year~Half-Blood

Corabell swept into the dance, the skirt of her yellow dress fluttering above her knees. She tossed a bit of softly curled hair over her shoulder. "No, Daniel, I am not staying in the dorm. I am all dressed up, and there is a dance to attend. If you're so worried, come dance with me," she said firmly to the slightly older boy behind her.

Relationship status: Dating Rowan Edgar Elliott.
Where am I? Valentine's Dance
Who am I with? Daniel
What am I doing?
What am I wearing? Yellow dress and butterfly bracelet
OOC: (( ... ))

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:53 pm
Daniel Kiremono~Slytherin Fifth Year~Half-Blood

Daniel trailed after Corabell, sighing. Last time she'd gone to a school event, vampires had attacked. He was not being overprotective! Okay, so that event hadn't been inside the castle, but still. In deference to her insistence, he left his dragonhide jacket open to show the green silk shirt and silver tie he'd worn under the sturdy, warded jacket. Besides, silk was quite strong, having been used as light armor for centuries. The wards he'd ordered didn't hurt, either. If someone attacked this event, Daniel planned to be prepared.

Right now though, nothing seemed to be going wrong. "Fine," he capitulated. "Let's dance." Offering his arm, Daniel escorted his sister to the dance floor. Bowing, he offered his hand, and when she accepted, he led her into a dance.

Where am I? Valentine's Dance
Who am I with? Corabell
What am I doing? Dancing
What am I wearing? Dragonhide Battle Leathers
OOC: (( ... ))

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm
User Image
User Image
Dating:_Annabeth FletcherLooking:_Handsome

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Romulus gave a grin, eyes shining brightly. "I do like it! The shape accentuates your.... you." His cheeks reddened, the boy a bit embarrassed by the thoughts fluttering in his head. "What I meant to say was... you look nice, Anna. That color is pretty on you. Makes your eyes pretty.... well, prettier..." There was a reason he preferred writing to actual human communication.

When the word dance was mentioned, navy eyes lit up. Romy knew his girlfriend wasn't the best dancer, but he thought it was adorable! "Maybe a dance? Just a little one? You can even stand on my feet and let me do all the steps! Please?" He gently pulled her to the very edge of the dancefloor, a look of excitement in his eyes.

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go, never say goodbye
You know...

If you're tossin' and you're turnin'
And you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Every day I will remind you

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff