Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Back to Guilds

A group for the young and old of Gaia to reminisce and hang out. 

Tags: Gaia Online, Geezers, Nostalgia, Discussion, Old Members 

Reply Old Geezers of Gaia Unite
Let's Talk Tea! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swimmin_Sweater

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:12 pm
I'm from the U.S. and it seems like a store called Teavona is taking over. Don't get me wrong, their staff is very knowledgeable and their variety and quality of tea is fantastic, but it worries me that this fast growing company is taking over.

As for the kind of tea I like, White tea's are my favorite. Black tea goes very well to balance flavors of sweets though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 pm
Mia Loved1
I'm from the U.S. and it seems like a store called Teavona is taking over. Don't get me wrong, their staff is very knowledgeable and their variety and quality of tea is fantastic, but it worries me that this fast growing company is taking over.

As for the kind of tea I like, White tea's are my favorite. Black tea goes very well to balance flavors of sweets though.

teavana is owned by starbucks, so i'm not surprised to see it expanding. plus they're trying to meet the current demand for tea as more people get into it (more demand = profit). but yeah, i know what you mean. their expansion will start putting smaller suppliers out of business. : (  

WyndiWingfall

Green Lantern

Morrigan smiles

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:23 pm
gunpowder green teas! heart

Leaves rolled up into little balls like old fashioned gunpowder. They expand back out in your cup and are delicious.

I always start with a tea ball on a handle to stir it with and wind up opening and emptying it so I can play with it in my cup...

Any baked good that is not too sweet goes well with good green teas.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:11 pm
Morrigan smiles
gunpowder green teas! heart

Leaves rolled up into little balls like old fashioned gunpowder. They expand back out in your cup and are delicious.

I always start with a tea ball on a handle to stir it with and wind up opening and emptying it so I can play with it in my cup...

Any baked good that is not too sweet goes well with good green teas.

When I drink green tea, I like to eat senbei crackers. The ones I get are a little salty and a little sweet and so tasty.

So gunpowder tea is just the green tea rolled up in a little ball? I feel like that's not too different from the "green tea pearls" they sell near me.  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

Morrigan smiles

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:43 pm
yup - one and the same...

Probably from the same wholesaler even.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:30 pm
I buy tea wherever I travel, and my most loved one is "White Temple tea", a highly fruited and scented one I got from this 1800's tea shop in Copenhagen.

Otherwise I tend to get my teas loose leaf from Whittards or farmers' market vendors. I'm Chinese so I don't tend to buy many Chinese teas for home - I drink them when I go out.  

Sylkis

Tipsy Bloodsucker

6,325 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Generous 100
Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers