Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]
[ORP-Mkhulu] Hippo Hunt [Closed; for pride members] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
CaliWolfe rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:44 pm
Uthuli gave a weak but grateful smile to the other as she waited for pale-coated female to hurry and catch up. "Ah, thanks." She didn't exactly run but she hadn't walked either, more like a swift fast-walking to ensure she was moving alongside the other female instead of behind and on her own.

She swerved her head with slight curiosity as she thought she had caught sight of something moving, but with only a mild distaste it had turned out to be a pile of rocks. Flattening her ears Uthuli focused on the path in front of her once again. Okay, so maybe she was a little edgy and now she was imagining things that weren't there. But to be fair the group had just gotten attacked by birds, she was allowed to be a little nervous at this point.

Wasn't she?

ooc: -1RoO, -1NH

AstoriaFallen
I have no idea what your lioness' name is. 8D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:50 pm
[OOC]

Chiming in once more. ^ ^' Forgo the modifiers.
You're still welcome to roll for prompts and there will still be other things happening later that will act like the modifiers, but without the numbers.
I realized how quickly you guys work that once the real hunt begins, it's not as worth it.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:55 pm
She smiled at the lioness reassuringly. "We look out for each other right? So no worries!" She said as they continued along. She started thinking about other things once again, mainly how much these bee stings hurt and it seemed to be that she wandered off from everyone else and she looked up and realized her mistake.

Her sisters were going to have a earful to say to her, she just knew it. She quickly looked around and caught sight of them and bounded towards them and pleaded as soon as she was withing ear shot. "Please don't be mad! I promise it won't happen again." She could only imagine what Koku would say, she'd be the hardest on her for sure!

OOC:So no more worrying about +2 or -1 RoOs and NHs?

CaliWolfe
Yimvelo <3

Syrius Lionwing
Sorry for double or triple quotes!

Tanakako
she fails at life XD

1. The sounds of wings! Is it that vulture again? Nope, just the Cinga's vultures. (+1 RoO)
2. You spy some plants you heard your mother or another lioness talking about. It's supposed to help with energy! (+3 NH)
3. You spy a small rock formation. You don't spy anything exciting. Dang.
4. You hear the sound of elephants trumpeting in the distance. (+2 NH)
5. You lose your way temporarily and fall behind. (-1 NH)
6. Imbali starts talking about how awesome the hippos are to you. (+1 RoO)

Tanakako rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:58 pm
Quote:
So we aren't rolling anything for now? Ahh got it..
2. You spy some plants you heard your mother or another lioness talking about. It's supposed to help with energy! (+3 NH)

Ilanga trotted along. Every so often she had to stop and re-wrap her parcel so she hadn't yet caught sight of her pride sisters, but Idla was still near by, and Ilanga knew that the vulture wouldn't let her wander too far from the trail of her fellows, so the tall lioness didn't grow concerned. it was a lovely night, despite the hazards they had so far encountered.. She would catch up soon enough, she was sure

AstoriaFallen
XD Its ok! If I haven't replied to an RP, just poke me in PMs.

Sobala smiled reassuringly to her sister. She hadn't meant to imply Yimvelo was clumsy at all, it had just been bad luck. But then Imbali had come over and started chatting up a storm about Hippos so Sobala was content to simply walk along. Glancing across she spotted some plants she knew helped when she was tired. Grinning she trotted over and grabbed a bunch. She grinned to herself. This was already an exciting event and they hadn't even seen a hippo yet!

She had been distracted just a second but in that time her younger sibling had vanished! For a moment Sobala froze, but then Yimve came bounding out of the shadows and Sobala let free a heavy breath, spekaing carefully around her mouthful. "Ugh! Don't scare me like that!" She half chided, half teased. Giving her sibling a lop-sided grin, trying to hide the flash of fear that had gripped her. Koku would not know that just happened... or it was both their hides on the line.

[Ilanga = -1 RoO & +3 NH & -1 NH = -1 RoO & +2NH]
[Sobala = +1 RoO & -1 NH & +2 NH +1 RoO = +2 RoO & +1NH]

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:09 pm
Quaji
I totally failed at realizing Imbali was a lion and NOT a vulture. Post is fixed. :3

She gave a sheepish grin at her sister and got in close to her as she responded back. "Deal! I know she worries enough already and we don't need to add my misfortunes thus far to the mix." She said peeking over Bala's shoulder towards Koku. She loved her eldest sister to death but sometimes she felt as though she spent too much time worrying about what they were doing instead of living her own life.

Maybe THEY should be the ones to talk to her after the hunt.

Imbali was still nearby and had moved back over towards her and started telling them about the hippos some more and she listened happily to her speak. She was learning quite a bit from the lioness and she'd have to make a mental note of some of the key points she was saying when the hunt began later. You never really know with these types of things what could be detrimental and what could be useful.

She walked along with her sisters and the others in silence after that, just absorbing in the world around her.

OOC:Roll 4 and then I'll wait till next EVENT or others to respond at least. XD

1. The sounds of wings! Is it that vulture again? Nope, just the Cinga's vultures. (+1 RoO)
3. You spy a small rock formation. You don't spy anything exciting. Dang.
4. You hear the sound of elephants trumpeting in the distance. (+2 NH)
6. Imbali starts talking about how awesome the hippos are to you. (+1 RoO)

Tanakako rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:10 pm
Quote:
Ilanga - 4. You hear the sound of elephants trumpeting in the distance. (+2 NH)
Sobala - 1. The sounds of wings! Is it that vulture again? Nope, just the Cinga's vultures. (+1 RoO)

Ilanga paused as she re-wrapped her parcel again. She could see her sisters in the gloom so she knew she was back with them. Just as she lifted the herbsonce again she heard the distinct sound of elephants. Grinning she glanced up to make sure Idla was near by then trotted forwards to rejoin her companions. Well, this certainly hadn't been a dull Mkhulu so far.

AstoriaFallen

Sobala nodded, also glancing across at Koku, who seemed thankfully to be distracted by the goings on and hadn't seen their separate blunders.. "Or mine.." Sobala agreed, glancing back at the youngest of them with a lop-sided smile. Koku may have been like a mother to them, but they also had a responsibility to look after heir eldest sibling too.

Settling down now that the excitement had abated a little, Sobala focused on maintaining her place with Koku and Yimvelo. It would not be good to loose her sisters, after all.

[Bed time for me!! See you all tomorrow!]  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:30 pm
[OOC]

Follow-up of my last post and the questions surrounding it: yes, there's no need to keep track of your RoO and NH anymore. c: You can scrap any counter you have for them! None of them will apply to future rolls.
I won't be editing any old posts to reflect this though, juuust to keep any extra confusion to a minimum.

You can still keep rolling (up to four still) using the last event post for prompts. You're welcome to have your lion chatter with others while they walk too. It'll be a long trip. <3

I'll be giving the next event post around 10PM CST.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 am
Umthunzi had overall been fairly quiet, quite the opposite of the talkative Imbali who had done nothing so far but chat the other lions' ears off about how cool the hippos were, how big they are and more. The lioness rolled her pale red eyes and as she did so, caught a glimpse at something approaching from a distance. It was a figure, but it looked familiar...

"H-heey..guys? Who's that?" She asked, her voice cautious as she looked nervously between the hunting party and approaching figure.

The Cinga was quick to spring over to the new Busisa, pushing herself up against her so that she was looking in directly the same direction. "Hm..." She tossed her head to look to the others in the hunting party. "Do any of your recognize 'em?" Her voice was much lower than usual, more aware of how loud she could be and if this figure wasn't friendly...well the thought of that just made her fur stand right up.

[OOC]

You can either have your lion recognize the figure approaching as Umfana or roll 1, 4-sided dice. Odds you recognize him, evens you don't.

Fell asleep early, but doesn't seem like it really affected anything. <3 Real fun starts this afternoon!
It'll likely be pretty quick and fast paced, if judging from previous ORPs. So I will be quoting everyone who signed up when it starts. c:

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

SilverLutz rolled 2 4-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-8)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:10 am
Udaka, who was still near the front of the group, turned to look forward as another shadowy figure was spotted. She frowned a bit - it looked feline, for sure, but even if the lion was close up to her she wouldn't have had a clue who it was. She was too new to recognize anyone yet.

"No idea," she muttered, more to herself. Was there anything she would be good at on this hunt? She hoped she could redeem herself....to herself....at the river.

---

Sturm, squinting a bit as a murmur went through the crowd, grinned as the brown lion came into view. "Oh, it's just Umfana," he said happily, his tail flicking back and forth. He knew most of the males by name and by face since there were so few of them and, even though he'd never personally chatted with the Enda, he could pick him out of a crowd thanks to his interesting markings.  
Tanakako rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-8)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:59 am
Ilanga looked over as Umthunzi spoke, gaze tracking Umthunzi's and Imbali's line of sight to the shadowy figure. But before she could respond the young male near by spoke up. "He is right, thats Umfana." Glancing back at the blue-maned male she wondered why she didn't know him. Still, with as little time as she actually spent in her pride, it was hardly surprising she didn't know the newer members..
SilverLutz

Sobala had been calmly (for now) walking alongside Kuku and Yimve, but the call caught her attention and she too squinted into the distance. With Umthunzi's question answered she turned instead to her two siblings. "What is he doing all the way out here?" As far as she knew the Enda males stayed further out towards their pride's boundry. Were they that close to the roguelands already?
Syrius Lionwing

AstoriaFallen

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 am
Tanakako

Yimvelo squinted as she looked in the direction of the male that approached and she honestly didn't recognize him. "Who is it?" She asked looking at her sister. If Liyana was here she'd probably be very thrilled to see her brother as it wasn't often to see the Enda's of the pride. She continued walking along with her sisters and the rest of the pride towards their final destination.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:02 am
Tanakako

AstoriaFallen

ooc I'm probably going to miss a lot of this so if guys can just assume kokulzawa is still with you that's great! It's a week night and I have to sleep for work.

Kokulzawa looked ahead at the large male. She was quite surprised how far they had come already. It was typical of her youngest sister to find her way in to some mischief or other. Shaking her head she checked the bee stings and moved on. "just, be more careful, hippos more than sting."

"It's an enda." She nudges her sisters along. " just keep moving, we will be there soon enough."

Syrius Lionwing

Syrius Lionwing rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:22 am
ooc my roll for the above post I forgot to do it sorry!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:17 am
With the bird - that blasted bird! - Andhaka took a moment to shake himself off and straighten himself up, hoping that the darkness had obscured at least some of his less than dignified reaction to the vulture. He grunted and walked on with the hunting party, hoping that an obnoxious bird was the worst thing that would happen to them today, but keeping an eye out just in case. He was quick to notice the appearance of a four-legged figure, and was immediately alert, head raised and ears forward, and made to move quickly towards it.

The Umholi soon recognized it as one of the Aenda; he knew everyone in the pride by necessity, but he was always especially careful to know the Aenda and Ehluke. He might not know them all well, but he knew them when he saw them. "Umfana!" he called. "Any news this morning?"

"I'm fine," Uheshe snapped, getting quickly to her feet and stepping further away from Imbali and Sobala. She made no apology for her slip-up, too focused on gathering herself and what little remained of her dignity. Her pride had been rather severely bruised, and she sniffed, head up and holding herself as though nothing at all had happened. Most certainly nothing.

Oh, hmm? Who was that? The young lioness had little time to wonder who it might be before others started to identify him. Just an Enda, no one particularly exciting.  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 am
User Image

A few had managed to make out his figure before he had gotten too close. Soon enough though, he was well within the range that everyone in the party was able to see him clearly.

"Some news, Umholi and it's about time you all arrived," He replied as he slowed his jog to a full stop. "The hippos are getting restless. I don't know if it's because maybe one of them spotted me and they have young or if there are crocodiles in the water with them. Either way, we should get this thing going before too long or you might just have to cancel the whole thing." Umfana tossed his head in the direction of the river. They were now within two hundred feet of the water's edge, though it was hard to tell where the grass ended and water began in the dark.

Without another word, he circled around the group and began the short climb to a small rise nearby. Getting the high ground and a bit of surveillance on the group was probably a good idea. Making a circuit around the Cinga and the hippos was the familiar form of Umusa who was now joined by Isidlo as well. The Enda laid against the ground as he scooted towards the edge of the rise, his lavender eyes scanning for disturbances in the water.

At least any clouds seemed to be gone now and they had the lighting of the moon to guide them. Imbali turned to address the other lions, tossing a 'help me' kind of glance to Andhaka before looking back to them. "Well, we have a few options I guess...Unless he sees something or something happens, I don't know if we'll be able to determine if there are crocodiles in the river, but I wouldn't doubt it. We saw some in the grass the other day, but they were a fair distance from here..."

She was unsure on how to proceed. They could wait and see what happens or they could continue the Mkhulu anyways. Both came with risks. Waiting could lead to a failed hunt; sudden weather change, the hippos leaving for some reason, the sun rising and them losing their night advantages... Going ahead could lead to unknown factors, such as those crocodiles, not knowing if there were any calves there...

"How do you want to proceed?"

[OOC]

Have each of your lions choose: continue, wait, or indifferent. Please place your choice(s) at the top of your post so I can easily find them. This will be left up for 2 to 6 hours.

Votes will be tallied and the winning choice will be used to influence how the ORP continues. Please keep in mind that your choice does matter as this will help shape the ORP so choose carefully!

Continue: go ahead with the hunt, despite the unknowns
Wait: stay away from the water and observe for a while
Indifferent: I pick how we proceed!

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out