Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:03 pm
Leila and Eve warmly accepted the offered hand, which honestly was as good as a hug, surprisingly. He had that magic touch. But in a platonic way.

Turning back to Jeremiah, she gave a sheepish look while extending out her arms once more. "This one's from Zac. It was his idea, promise."

iloveyouDIE
azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:16 pm
This wasn't the first time that some sort of cycle of lives or whatever had been mentioned, but this was the first time America had heard it laid out so plainly. America just let Rylan question the lady without interruption and busied herself with boggling at him like he was a crazy person.

moonrazor

lizbot

No Faun

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:53 pm
Jeremiah's head tilted towards Algie, his expression going unreadable even as he noticed Leila not looking quite right to his eyes for a moment. Ah, Zac was with her. That pain twisted in his chest but he pulled it back in and his face was hidden in silvering brown hair briefly.

A nod was given towards both younger men that were staying behind as well. Nathaniel and Jack both because it was worth noting, despite the focus on himself and Algie.

He met Leila partway, taking her into into his arms and giving her another squeeze. "He's just looking out for his troublesome father," Jeremiah replied, eyes looking for his son that he could not see. Leila was afforded one more squeeze before he let go. "You may have missed it, but be careful Zac and I know you'll take care of things. Fix these tears.

"We'll make sure you all can get back," he said to the small group that had gathered, returning to his husband's side and glancing towards Sunday once more. There were questions he wanted to ask but- They were not pivotal to getting the tears fixed and could wait.

iloveyouDIE

cibarium

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:39 pm
The cage would remain broken. That was a relief. It was progress. If they succeeded in fixing this mess, there was still hope that they could stop the Enemy... assuming that he still wanted to do whatever it was he wished to do. It was entirely possible that Renard wouldn't reattempt it and whatnot. If this was the case, they wouldn't need to find something to do about Sunny either, potentially.

He might not have trusted Ascension, but he was aware there were those who enjoyed

The mention of the rifts being memories was... interesting to say in the least. He wasn't sure how they would fix that exactly. Hopefully they'd get an idea once they encounter the actual issue.

Shun caught the gaze of Jordan, though he wasn't really certain what was on the other man's mind. He did recall him being one of the one to assist Melany in getting away.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:48 am
America's look did not sneak by unnoticed. "I- No, really. I'm not crazy, I've seen pictures of him. Imp found an old ID of his. Mine?" He glanced at the shrike.

Yours-not-yours.

Very helpful. Thank you, Imp.

lizbot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:12 am
      Surprisingly, Veronica herself had been bumped into upon arrival, looking to a person with braided hair who seemed friendly enough. She brushed her hair back, shaking her head before beginning to speak. "Oh no no, it's totally alright! Yeah, I'm fine, just-- Lost, I guess." Her attention was then taken by the mysterious woman who had begun to answer their questions, listening intently, albeit not understanding much. So she was Sunday, there were tears in... "the veil," which she assumed was the fabric of "now" or something, they were in... a... Conceptualized...What? Things were getting to a point where she honestly wished she'd just stayed home that night. Jumping into black holes and talking to a person who wasn't even there felt ludicrous, but then having actually done those things was... Hm.

The door was some sort of power-made time warp with an alternate time? Vero continued to listen, crossing her arms and feeling fairly out of place with the people around her, many of whom already knew one another. She simply listened to the rest of the questions, not volunteering to stay, but feeling as if she'd be a lot more satisfied if she actually took action in helping... Somehow. A few others had stepped up to stay, looking more wiser than the others and definitely more older, but if she'd seen correctly, earlier they'd been kissing-- They were in a relationship, and it only made sense they stayed together. More questions asked, more answered, but it only left Veronica more confused. The cage was broken-- What cage was broken? It seemed the more answers she received, the more questions she had. It wasn't good, being as curious as she was. She raised a hand. She stayed quiet, however, thinking of volunteering but finding it fairly obvious they would all leave anyways-- It was, after all, the only place they could go, and standing there waiting wouldn't settle any of her worries.

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:54 am
    Despite Sunday's explanation (and Jamie's lack thereof), Oliver was still baffled. What about the veil? Fixing it? Their memories are tears? Who's memories? He pried himself out of Shiloh's vice grip (though Shiloh didn't seem too bothered, he's just standing there out of it, which in turn bothered Oliver more). “Stupid!" he reiterated, seething, “You just—jump into a ******** ravine? Are you all ******** inane?!" he took a deep breath, rubbing his temples; they hurt. He stalked off to the side (not that far away, but he needed to breath, collect his thoughts, get his bearings...)

“Prolly," Shiloh finally spoke, letting his eyes open, vision hazy with the scent of his flowers. Everything felt here but not here and real but not real; he couldn't really parse through all of the stimuli, not after falling for what felt like years the sanctity of the void. There had been nothing there except for the presence of peace. He looked at Oliver with a subtle frown, and then looked back to Jamie before freeing him from the latch of his other arm. Sunday's words were pressing, interesting, worrisome...

He wanted to go on; no, he knew he needed to go on. Was this part of being a noble, he wondered? Protecting others, being self sacrificing, things like that? He'd never know the answer, would he? Or maybe he would—but either way, they had to fix the tear. They had to fix Sunny. He chanced a glance over to Zac and Jeremiah and everyone else who was congregated, saying their goodbyes to one another like they might never seen their loved ones again.

It was true. If he died here, he'd never come back, he'd never see Jamie again, he'd never see Oliver. They would continue forward in a timeline without him. “I'm... going." he said slowly, deliberately. “To try and fix this bullshit."

“You can't be serious." Oliver had been well within earshot still, wheeling around to face his twin. It wasn't like they had much choice, but that didn't mean they could stay behind (which seemed far safer) and assist with the keeping-the-door-open nonsense.

“Sorry," it sounded somewhat uncharacteristic of Shiloh to apologize, but the sincerity left his mouth regardless. “But I'm not sitting it the ******** out." he played with his hands awkwardly, picking at his nail beds nervously. Seeing his twin after all this time and naturally this is the context... it's not a happy reunion. It's an anxious one.

“You're a goddamn dumbass Shiloh." Oliver sighed, giving no indication if he would go or not, even though he had already made up his mind. “And you're going to go charge into this bullshit 'cause a "magical lady" told you so too, right Jamie?" he looked to the were, arms crossed.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:38 am
"Michael, Adoelle, and Heliodora," corrects Sunday, her voice soft and inoffensive. "They were not quite capable of becoming anything you can. But they were close."

Sunday blinks, slowly, and shakes her head. "No. You are incapable of living out the memories of another being. You can see them in books, but they have perspectives beyond yours, experiences you cannot comprehend. But once you leave, no one will remember you were ever there."

She smiles at Rylan. "I disagreed with the way William Ozymandias raised Alexandra," she says. "Forcing a child to keep such a momentous secret..." She shakes her head.

Then she looks at Oliver and Shiloh, but says nothing. She only smiles, small and fond.

Blade Kuroda

iStoleYurVamps

Smerdle

Cibarium

Kolina

PeanutButterPies

Prolixity

Saedusk

Melancholies

Daekie

Lizbot

KitsuneAura

The Semblance of Unity

ephebe

Endejester

Amitotic

quite uneventful

Chickadee

Micillia

medigel

MoonRazor

StarSpaceCase

Seussi

Grey Dragon

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:58 am
“I have… some questions, they may not be important though so, I guess you might not want to answer.”

Zac said carefully. “I was wondering why you said they weren’t quite capable of being - anything we can? is it because they always choose to be part of the cage or something more?”

He let that question rest before continuing.

“And… you said this place wasn’t ‘real’, but that it’s your home, are you a memory too? I think - I mean I might not be remembering right but I think I’ve, I mean, in the Shore house there was a painting. But I couldn’t find anything and it might not actually be you but it was…” He trailed off feeling terribly rude.

“Sorry, I have the worst timing for questions but if we won’t remember this place, then I can at least hope I remember the questions, and answers?”

He thought the name William Ozymandias seemed awfully familiar too, but ... wasn't that.
He frowned deeper.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:00 pm
"I know their names," Temperance said, also softly. She had been more concerned with their discernible roles. Perhaps that made her cold or less than feeling. It was easier to think in terms of a moonwalker, a noble, and whatever Heliodora was. In fact, Heliodora had been named only because she was unsure which niche the woman had occupied.

She had left Zac to his devices, feeling a little lonely, for some reason. Temperance did not have strong connections to her family, though they were thought of fondly, and did not wish them here for hugs or goodbyes or anything. But still, it felt weird. Instead, she focused on the 'not quite capable'. This phrase... was this the reason they all had accepted their deaths. some sought them?

------------------------------------------------

"Well, lookit you, you charmer. It don't work on me." Preacher grinned back at Jordan and imagined that many people would be taken in by that lopsided smile of his. "Don't be nervous." She did turn and look sharply at Sunday,

"Does that mean we ain't gotta worry about royally ********' up the timeline n' makin' it worse? I've read bout the chaos theory n' butterfly effect..." She frowned.

shibrogane
prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:34 pm
"So," Alexis says slowly, trying to puzzle it out, "is it that after we leave we'll have never been there, or that we've already been there n' just haven't done it yet? If someone dies there, did they always die?" It's theoreticals. But people die. People died at Blackfriars, they know; they remember their fetch bleeding out under their weight, and that too adds to the thought.

Ashton stays quiet and alert, her hands clasped in front of her, her eyes aware.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:41 pm
Kaleb had never been so lost in his life. The craziness leading up to this moment had been painful, but having Nathaniel pull away from him with nothing but a pat on the hand and that casual smile...

There were other familiar faces there too, he could see them clearer in this book-filled room than in the rainy, dark forest. Shiloh and his small friend had landed here as well, and that intimidating man Kaleb had first met in his dream, the bookstore owner of course, the other intimidating gentleman who kept the magical cat, and many, many others he didn't recognize. In amongst all that confusion, he was more alone than he had ever been.

He wrapped his arms tightly around himself in a protective gesture, unable to bring himself to move or speak. All he could do was wait, and hope against all hope that he might eventually find himself back in the safety of home, buried amongst his books.  

Grey Dragon

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:46 pm
Those who stayed behind, they had their reasons. Those that went, they had their reasons, too. It wouldn't do to dismiss anyone's choice, because when it came right down to it, they needed people on each end, they needed people they could rely on. When Oliver asked if Jamie meant to go too, the answer was probably obvious.

"I am," he responded, sounding strong in his decision. If there was one thing Jamie had learned, it was that believing in the choices you made was important. It wasn't always easy, far from it, in fact there was enough doubt in Jamie's heart to replace the water in a lake, but he was working at it. He was working hard and he wouldn't give up.

"But I... I'm not gonna go just because someone told me so. I-I'm gonna go because-" there was a stutter and he didn't like it, not when he'd been getting better about it, "-because it feels like what I need to do. I'm making... my own choice..."

Briefly Jamie looked at Shiloh, comforted by his equal determination. "Maybe it's kinda dumb, but..." Looking around the room, he let his gaze linger on all the people gathered here, everyone who made the decision to keep pressing forward. He smiled.

He smiled, but then he saw Kaleb again. The body language was familiar, uncomfortable, and it took Jamie back to a place he was trying hard to escape from. There was empathy in his voice as he spoke out, taking a few small steps away from the twins to address him.

"Are you-" he stopped, knowing he probably wasn't okay, "I-It'll be okay. Even if... it doesn't seem like it." The invitation to join them where they stood was unspoken, but he smiled again, softly.

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:30 pm
"Why did he?" He said to Sunday. Then he paused. "Will we be able to find you again? When all of this is done?" For more questions, presumably, for longer chats. There were more pressing concerns at the moment.

"How nuts do you think it's going to be when we walk through that door?" he said, turning back to America. "Probably more nuts than the court... definitely more than Blackfriars." And they'd thought a crazed teenage werewolf was bad news. Pfft.

He glanced around for Vespertine, meaning to wave her over, to stick together in case some s**t went down soon but she had already over to Veronica, no doubt feeling almost as lost as the other young woman.

"You're new to this, huh?" Ves said by way of greeting with a small smile that probably did little to reassure anyone. But it was friendly, at the very least. "I understand... not too much. Just trying to help any way I can, I guess. Though I'm not sure how useful that'll actually be."

shibrogane

lizbot

quite uneventful

MoonRazor

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:50 pm
      The names Sunday mentioned echoed in her mind, leaving the silent but curious female with a familiar feeling of confusion she decided not to pursue at this point. So when they went in, fixed what needed fixing, and left, it'd be like they were never there in the first place? Pretty handy, she supposed.

She was a bit surprised when another approached her, but honestly, Veronica was thankful for it, offering her a slightly tense smile before looking around and sighing. "Yeah, it's pretty mind-rattling. Throwing ourselves into a hole and coming up in a library? Then all this other stuff... It sounds like some Alice in Wonderland type stuff. Everything's so confusing..." Vero looked back at Vespertine, offering her a friendly handshake with a sort-of smile. "I'm Veronica. And I'm sure the sentiment is enough, really. It feels like they're gonna need as much help as they can get..." She chuckled nervously, rubbing her neck with her other hand.

MoonRazor
hello friend!!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas