rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[1969] Stones Like Black Teeth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
MoonRazor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:29 am
Ves to stage, +1 persuasion, -2 persuasion, 21/21 HP

She reached out to steady Preacher, eyes still wide, wondering what had triggered the sudden change. "The two teens? How did... What happened?"

kuropeco
Roll for Preacher

-----

Rylan to Vivien, Persuasion -2, 21/21

Imp seemed quite satisfied by Vivien's response, nibbling happily at her fingers and making no effort to remove himself from her grasp. Rylan eyed the bird. You always know these things before I do, bird.

"He likes you," he said, thinking about what Vivien had said. A great big tear in the world. That must be it. "What was the lady doing?"

He poked at the dead crab absently, wondering how these cliffs had managed to become so inextricably tied to his life. "This tear you found, is it in a little crack in the cliff? Like, a cave? Don't suppose your dad would want to come, huh?"

If alt-Rylan was anything like himself, the answer was probably no. He probably didn't believe in any of this magic stuff, maybe thought it'd all go away if everyone ignored it hard enough.

shibrogane

cibarium rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:28 am
      south bonfire -- Eve (P+2, C-1)

So the babysitter did know about magic, and wasn't happy about it... just like her own Leila. Eve couldn't help but find it endearing. "Thanks for telling me, sweetheart," she said, using a term of affection normally reserved for Jamie and her other packmates. "I believe you. I'm different too, after all."

Turning her gaze to the older Finn, she pressed on with her interviewing. "Seems like there's a lot of strange things happening in this town. Have you noticed anything?"

iloveuDIE

cibarium
Crew

Noob

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:30 am
    south bonfire || Leila & Finn

Leila turned when Eve moved away, turned to look for Vivien again, like she'd been rewound once more as the conversation slipped away from her.

Finn's face was set sad, so so sad, but he glanced up when Eve addressed him, "Strange? Hmm not so much. With all this madness some fires and some runaways are hardly too strange.."

He rubbed his jaw, train of thought swapping, "But if you're looking for something fun and off kilter-" A rare small smile, "You should check out the art showing in town. Some of my own collection."

What a strange jump in topic.

cxibarium

Kolina rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 am
Juniper Wilcox | 22/22 (P+1)(C-1) | North Bonfire

And just like, like a flick of the off switch, the blonde woman fell back into her lethargic-like state. "What the hell is going on?" Juniper murmured to herself. This day's Juniper had given some interesting information but nothing that seemed all that ground breaking. By this point, she knew what had happened with the three teens and who they were. But what was with the fire reference? That bit didn't seem to click. And what did she know about the Enemy?

Juniper had doubts that she'd get anymore info.

Then her eyes landed on Nasir again who was still not terribly far from them but close enough to probably have heard bits and pieces, especially when Juniper of the 60's got a bit louder.

Carefully, she stepped away from Juniper, but kept herself aware of the woman in case she ended up saying more or, heaven forbid, collapsed or something. She stepped over to Nasir, positioning herself just so that the older Juniper was within her peripheral vision. "Hey. You had to have heard some of what was said, right? Can you...can you tell me more? The two of you seem to know each other. At least, I am pretty sure you looked like you might be friends or something." Juniper -had- noted them before the weird time shift. They had been enjoying the fire together and even in this time, though they weren't terrible close physically, there seemed to be some sort of connection since he hadn't run off completely. "Please, anything will help. Like what fires she's talking about? And the rain?" She bit her lips gently. "I want to try and see if maybe I can fix things somehow."

kurope1co
She's got her eye on Juniper! smile

ilovey1ouDIE
Roll is for Nasir

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 am
    north bonfire || Nasir

"We aren't friends-" Nasir's brow furrowed, "We just work together."

He scratched at his head in agitation, tugged a bit of his hair and looked very upset, "Heard what? I heard you ask about the kids.. Why can't you people leave me alone? They were just kids! They probably ran off and want peace but everyone keeps..." His voice had taken an agitated edge, one of his hands curled into a fist and trembling. "Everyone has all these theories and accusations..." He was clearly upset by the questioning, "They were just normal kids!"

He sighed and wrapped his arms around himself, "I hope they come home safe.."
kolina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 am
America Jones

Hearing the other band member's voice across the stage gave another lurch to the pit of America's stomach and as she scanned the area once again, taking in the atmosphere, the distinct change that had come over the place, the full reason for her unease came clear: most of the crowd had stopped being people. Ever since arriving, she'd slid into this place and time and accepted it as a reality, a place populated with people just living their own lives, no matter what strangeness was occurring in her own. But with the sudden, grim shift, they had been turned into...something else. Something uncomfortable and not at all people.

Glancing back toward the bonfires, her eyes picked out Rylan and Vivien near compulsively. She hoped the little girl hadn't done that, hadn't emptied out before he could meet her. It didn't take long for her to get caught up in the rhythm of the waves in the background, the hush-hush crackle of fire.

Startling as Mr. Bitterberry flew up to her shoulder, America's vision went blurry and then re-focused. The rewind was apparently still taking it's toll. "Okay, okay..." she whispered to herself, pulling a small notebook and pencil out of her bag. Increasingly uncomfortable with the talk and her own response to it and needing some sort of touchstone to gather her thoughts and focus, America turned her attention to the best way of sorting, and sharing, her thoughts: a list

notebook pages

- sunny showed vivien (little girl @ bonfire) some cliffs theres a special spot - they arent close watched - yleila and orylan know them too
- mel (band girl) was supposed to be in boston - knows a thing that couldnt have happened here - one of the warped bits?
- our three missing kids recently missing here too but they werent really here all along they just showed up and suddenly folks thought theyd always been here
- deer triplets here
- fires in the woods
- folks "not supposed to tell" all sorts of s**t its weird af is it about magic in general or what

? why did we go back did something happen or do we got a time limit
? will we go back again will things be worse if we do

Moving close to Shun, she offered the notepad and pencil to him with a quiet, "Could you look this over for me when you got a minute?"

blade kuroda
plz have him edit w/e is ic for him to add/change
daekie
cibarium
shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

Kolina rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:40 am

She hit a nerve. That was blantantly obvious.

"Oh, um. Well, hopefully you two at least get along as co-workers." What else was she to say? She swore there had to be a bit more than that but she wasn't going to push that.

"Ok. Sorry. I didn't mean to cause any problems in asking. And really, I don't even need to know about the kids necessarily. I am just curious about anything...odd that might have been happening around Ashdown." She tried to sooth the troubled man to the best of her ability, but she knew she was doing a piss poor job of it.

"I really hope they come back safe as well." She said earnestly at his comment. "Normal kids can find themselves in trouble though, and it's up to us adults to try and help them if we can, right? I just wanted to learn as much as I could about them so I could maybe lend a hand in finding them." She offered a tentative, warm smile. "So, any theories are good to hear, if exhausting."

In a callous push she asked yet again, "So, if you can share anything you may think have happened, whether it's crazy or not, I'd love to hear it. Especially if your co-worker has shared some of her own theories with you? She mentioned someone or something called the Enemy?"

Oh, she was probably treading on thin ice with this man.

iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:53 am
    north bonfire || Nasir

"The only thing weird is all these people showing up out of nowhere asking questions and not actually FINDING them," Nasir looked very upset.

"I don't have theories. They are kids. It's a tough world these days and they disappeared and.. It's very upsetting and why would I have theories??? If they do," His eyes slid with agitation to Juniper several feet away and Algie on the other side of the bonfire, "it sounds like they aren't grounded in reality."

Nasir seemed to step away from the young woman questioning him then, this seemed all he had to say on the matter, "Who even are you?" His face clearly read that she was not making him feel safe.

kolina

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
Kolina rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:22 pm
Juniper Wilcox | 22/22 (P+1)(C-1) | North Fire

"Yep. we're definitely all weird." She responded to him with a shrug. "But considering we've only been here..." She stopped to think for a moment. "Well, I guess its' 3 days, it's not surprising we haven't found anything yet. But we're trying, I swear. Otherwise we wouldn't be asking questions."

She tilted her head at him when he went on about the theories and why he wouldn't have any. "Okkk...So you have no thoughts on why the kids disappeared except because they're kids and things like this happen?" Well, she supposed she could agree with that train of thought. Especially if he wasn't really involved in the magical part of this. "That's your theory, like it or not. Unless of course, there's more to it."

"Hm, me?" She hesitated a moment in her response as she contemplated what to say. The man had been somewhat forthcoming with her. Maybe, if she gave some more info about herself he'd open up some? They had been told that the people of this era would forget them once they all left.

She sighed. "I am Juniper Wilcox." She smiled at him. "And you could say I am not necessarily...normal." She used his own term. "Here I'll show you." She glanced around the beach. The rocky terrain wasn't the best when it came to providing shelter for plants, but grass always seemed to be the most persistent of growers as was seen by the small tufts that were trying to push out between the rocks, just barely from being stomped on by their own feet.

"See this little bit of grass here?" She knelt down and smiled fondly at the foliage as she gently stroked a finger across a blade. With a bit of thought and pushing her energy into it, the plant began to grow vigirously. The little tuft was soon near knee height before she stopped feeding it. It had been the first bit of magic she had used since arriving in the era, and it felt like a sort of euphoric release to use it again. Like she was reconnecting with that side of herself.

She turned to look up at Nasir. "Maybe what happened to them wasn't just them running away. Maybe there was something more to it." She shrugged and stood. "But now you know a bit about me."

She shifted her gaze over to the Juniper of this era to make sure the woman was still alright.

iloveyouDIE
I dunno if the roll is needed but...there it is just in case. XD

kuropeco
Checking in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:27 pm
    north bonfire || Nasir

Nasir looked aghast, looked terrified, and then looked very very hurt.

"Are you messing with me?? What's-" He swallowed hard, looked around, "What's wrong with everyone??" And finding no one he could call a friend, collapsed onto a log seat and started to cry into his hands.

He would be useless to communicate with further.

kolina

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:40 pm
Chester Poole; north bonfire; 21/21
-1 persuasion, +3 combat

He pushed to his feet eventually, slowly strolling from the bonfire to the stage and back as he snapped covert pictures and collected his thoughts. There was obvious confusion in others that lingered long after his own had faded, and the more bits of conversation he heard, the more obvious it became that the ones who remained out of sorts were the ones he should be speaking to.

The man with the flask was only slightly stranger than before, but he seemed a good place to start. At the very least, Chester could test some theories. He shuffled closer, a thin smile on his face.

"This is quite the party," he said for the second time that day. His acting was much more natural than it had been before, but the only person he had to celebrate that with was himself.

kuropeco
i have returned with deja vu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:40 pm

"I am not messing..." But she didn't get to finish her words and it became apparent that her little display, she assumed it was her display anyway, had caused the man to turn completely inward and break down.

"I am sorry." She said softly to the man as he retreated away from her to the log seat and cried. A part of her wanted to try and console him, but at the same time she knew what she did wasn't wrong. After all, he had asked who she was. She just answered that for him. Perhaps people shouldn't ask questions they weren't ready to have answered?

Running a hand through her hair she sighed. She glanced over to the other Juniper and, not noticing any changes with her, decided she may have worn out her welcome and began to walk away form the duo.

iloveyouDIE

kuropeco

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:30 pm
OOC: Here is gdoc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qJbkReH7A0cZcknHvUjax-5JCaDhbMrNa0FlkdJfrIs/edit#gid=1409545580 <-- tab "NB 1969" has a collection of infos and observations to oocly work off of and also add/edit

cibarium rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:00 pm
      south bonfire -- Eve (P+2, C-1)

Art gallery? That seemed completely irrelevant to the matter at hand... but could still be worth investigating if it were possible. "Does it feature any specific artists?" she asked.

iloveyouDIE

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:32 am
Ezra says, "Um."

Then he says, "Well, we all knew them. And Vivien's right over there." He hooks a thumb back towards the little girl. "But it's not like we hung out with kids. We're not creeps like that."

Blade Kuroda

"Crying," says Vivien. "She touched my face and told me to be happy. Then she walked back into the big hole and I didn't see her again. Miz Leila said not to go into the hole after her even though she was crying, so I didn't."

She looks over at other-Rylan, frowning. "I don't think he would..." Vivien brightens up after a moment's thought. "But I bet Miz Leila would show you, if you asked her nice!"

MoonRazor

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces