Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:29 pm
    Shiloh Beaumont / 23/23
    -1 to Combat

“Jamie...?" god it was hard to focus through the sheer pain and delirium of this headache. He stumbled after the sound of his friend's voice, guided through sheer luck and instinct alone; at least, that's what it felt like. How the hell did Oliver deal with headaches like this on a regular basis? He had to give him some credit.

There was a brief touch on his arm—he recognized it to be his brothers, a silent parting as he went off to do god knows what—which left Shiloh bumping clumsily into Jamie. It'd be better if they all stuck together, especially after whatever the ******** that was (a bomb? was that a bomb? The rush, the explosion, the—)

“What's..." he nudged against the were, struggling to formulate words in his head, fumbling desperately with his focus. His eyes were trained on the void, and then they slid over to Mika, and then to Jamie and then to Mika again. Something had happened. Something had glitched. This was obviously the tear; but what the hell were they supposed to do to fix it? How did you fix this?

He followed Mika's gaze to their doubles in the booth. Loose purple flowers curled out from under his jacket, plump seed pods dangling precariously from the tiny tendrils of vines there. He didn't seem to be aware of the touch-me-not's, at least not currently, or else he would have been fighting them down.

saedusk

Oliver Beaumont / 22/22
    +1 to Persuasion
    -1 to Combat

Shiloh was stumbling away to Jamie, and that was all well and good, but Oliver was on the verge of a panic attack with all of the bullshit that was going on. Again and again and again the explosion rang out in his ears, only there was no headache to accompany the sound. There was just the dull throb from the lacerations on his forehead.

Groaning, he situated himself against the wall for a moment of respite. They had to figure out what was going on, right? But where the hell did someone even start? He looked to the gaping void and the rather untouched stage. His wound thrummed with his pulse.

Actually, ******** this. First things first, he was fixing his face up. Looking around for anyone who seemed to be (somewhat) sane, he noticed the bloodied bouncer from the front of the bar. “H-Hey, do you—" he approached Shun carefully, hand holding the gash on his forehead, “Are there any first aid kits here? Behind the bar? Somethin'..." ******** even a few advils and a ripped up t-shirt would work.

silverah
Shiloh --> Mika
Oliver --> 80sShun

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:13 pm
Jeremiah gives Zac a strong look.

"Wait here," he says, and gets up. He walks towards the stage.

And then

he walks

right

into

the

void.

Jeremiah drops out of sight like a stone. And then, a moment later, he appears through the ceiling - and keeps falling. And appears again. And falls again.

And again.

And again.

No one else seems to notice this.

endejester

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:18 pm
Liam pours Temperance four fingers of top-shelf whiskey and passes it across the bar to her.

He stares at her, lets his pale eyes do the talking.

They're not saying much.

He keeps filling the glasses of tonic water.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:35 pm
They might not notice Jeremiah infinitely falling, but they might hear Zac thumping his head on the table.

He sighed and stood up. At least, this time, Jer ending up in strange and terrible situations wasn’t Jerimiah’s fault.

He really wanted them to check out the stage, it was a stupid theory about the rift maybe but he had this tickle of a thought that what if whatever exploded was tied to the start of the wake.

He wasn’t sure he could trust getting answers if he didn’t get Jerimiah out of the rift, but then if he pulled him out, would he just walk back in.

He moved as close as he dared to the rift and tried to gauge how wide it was. Maybe they could make a bridge, with like… a table.

He had another thought then, though it might be foolish. They had already seen a floating news paper, and the only other place he could think of where something behaved with that kind of ease was, other Ashdown.

Trying very hard to do a force push towards the stage, and hopefully not being too successful at it ... aka rocketing him through a wall. Joined the options.

He concentrated and tried to 'push' Jerimiah towards the stage with the power of 'The Force'  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:37 pm
Mika pushes her sleeve up her arm - her skin is unscathed, save for a few stray scars, but those look ancient and well-healed. "No, I'm fine," she says. "I... I don't know how I missed that. Must just be focused on the show..."

She trails off, her gaze going towards Shiloh. "I love your flowers," she says. "That's quite the spell! Let's... let's talk later."

Somehow, she gets her enthusiasm under control long enough to answer Jamie's question. "There are always threats, but I haven't heard anything specific lately... but we're living in a constant state of high alert these days, so... Maybe it's just getting drowned out."

She wrings her hands together and glances over at Sybil, then leans in close to the teenagers. "This is the biggest epidemic anyone's seen in a long time. There's been a lot of debate about whether to use magic to deal with it, but that'd require doing a lot more research about how the disease works, and... No one really wants to touch it. Too much stigma... and magic and medicine don't usually mix, even in the best of times."

Saedusk

Mel4ncholies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 pm
Shun flinches away from Oliver. "Jesus," he says. "That's a nasty cut. There's a first aid kit in the bathroom. Past the bar. You should, uh, definitely use soap."

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:45 pm
Rabbit Vaughn; hole->bar; 22/22
+1 persuasion, -1 combat

Once he got past the initial impulse to dive headlong into the abyss, Rabbit found staring at it rather soothing, considering all that had happened, at least until some old-a** man came trundling up and toppled into it. He was familiar with Portal, as much as someone who only played games on their phone could be, and while he gathered that something like what could happen there was happening here, he was definitely not about to help set things right. He backed away instead, slowly sitting with his back to the bar once he had gently collided with another empty stool. He continued to stare.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:58 pm
    Oliver Beaumont / 22/22
    +1 to Persuasion
    -1 to Combat

“Thanks..." Oliver sounded rather exhausted from everything, but at least Shun was being cooperative (and sane, for the moment). He took a step in the directions of the bathroom but hesitated at the sight in front of him.

There in the void was a man. An unfamiliar man, sure, but one he at least recognized from the night. He fell, and fell, and fell and fell—over and over like an animated gif trapped in an endless loop.

“What in the actual ********> he gesticulated weakly with his hands, one bloody, one not. The void gave him no answers. “I...?"

“Should we... try to stop that?" his voice should be thick and incredulous, but mostly it was just tired and done. If the word "no" had a specific timbre, it would be the embodiment of his voice right now.

silverah
talking 2 shun still

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:17 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 23/23
    +1 to Persuasion
    -1 to Combat

The scars, though faint, were familiar to Jamie. They made him think of Shiloh, whether their origins were the same or not. He didn't let his gaze linger on them long, it wasn't his place to think anything but how glad he was they were long-healed.

Though, speak of the noble and he shall appear. Jamie looked apologetic, squinting through the haze of low lights and headache, touching Shiloh's arm gently when he drew closer. "Sorry for leaving you behind," he muttered, "Is Ollie o... kay...?" The words left Jamie's mouth the very moment Jeremiah dropped into the void. A scream wanted out, but it didn't make it before confusion set in. He watched as Jeremiah tumbled from ceiling to floor and back again. He watched Zac meandering around the pit, likely trying to find a way to stop it.

He... slowly turned back to Mika, mouth drooped open. He'd almost missed what she'd said as she continued on as if she didn't notice the endlessly looping Jer at all. Somehow, that didn't surprise him anymore.

"That's true..." he muttered, then added in response to magic and medicine, "I've... heard of people who use magic to heal wounds, though, and I thought it worked... Am I wrong or is it not the same with diseases?" he looked genuinely concerned, "Have there been... really bad side effects or something?"

He thought magic was supposed to be able to do anything if you believed hard enough.

Silverah

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:23 pm
Liam pushes another glass of tonic water at Rabbit.

Smerdle

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:25 am
Sibyl butts in.

"Wounds are one thing," she says, settling herself on the edge of a stool. "That's simply go back the way you were. When treating a disease, go back the way you were can revert something from quite controlled to a new state and allow it to adapt to the treatment already present in the body. So that must be prevented." Her blue eyes shine beneath her heavy lashes. "Even a wound healing can go wrong. There's anecdata about attempts made to heal where the full extent of hte injury was untreated and thus people bled to death inside their own skin--"

She cuts herself off with a wave of her hand. "We'll be starting soon," she says. "I'd love to talk to you about this after."

Melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:50 am
Jamie Delacroix | 23/23
    +1 to Persuasion
    -1 to Combat

To no one's surprise, Jamie jumped at Sibyl's intrusion. He'd been intent on Mika now, leaned into their conversation, and not expecting a fourth party in the least.

"O-Oh-" he blustered, but went immediately silent as she continued. Always the one to wear his heart on his sleeve, it was easy to see the way his expression shifted from nervous but intent to sad but understanding. The way she explained, it did make sense. His hand slid down Shiloh's arm to his hand, squeezing it, reminding himself to stay steady.

"That... if you would, I'd appreciate it," he said thankfully, then paused as a thought struck him. What if letting Sibyl start the services again would end them in the same way as before? It made Jamie's stomach flip. "U-Um, I mean, I-I don't want to be a bother, but do you have just a minute longer?"

shibrogane

Silverah

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:36 pm
The rift is about two yards wide, eating up a large portion of the floor space between the booths and the stage. However, there is still enough space on either side to walk around it and approach the stage and its far side.

By the grace of God, Zac manages to push Jeremiah to the far side of the rift. He smacks into it with a horrible sound of cracking ribs and continues falling.

By the second or third pass afterwards, he seems to have fallen unconscious.

Thank God for small blessings.

endejester

endejester rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:52 pm
"Oh my god... why." He says softly. If he ever had questions about his ultimate doom to be a failure it is now removed.

He squeezes his eyes shut and takes another chance. He'd really rather not the world blow up again, but if he's right about the point of origin he might as well, go out with a bang, pun intended.

He skirts around the edges of the rift towards the stage.

"Ladies, Please forgive me, I know this sounds foolish but... retracing where i cam from, I think you really need to exit the stage. Please."

if he can get close enough to try and grab Jer he's going to try and pull him from the rift too but right now he has to prioritize the people who can move under their own power.

"Can anyone else out in the crowd back me up please? I can't be the only person with this, bad feeling."

Silverah

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:21 pm
Temperance Clark |22/22
-1 combat(glitch)

Temperance sighed and, with an awkward stretching (she almost fell out of her chair), she swapped hers and Rabbit's glasses. She doubted he would mind something alcoholic. She patted him on the shoulder before turning to see what he was staring at. What the ********. Temperance had to twist her hands together painfully hard to prevent herself from running over and attempting to help. Instead, she slanted a glance over at Liam.

"H-hey... where'd Jerry go?" Maybe she should not have passed her drink to Rabbit.

silverah

smerdle
let rabbit drink

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out