Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
New York, New York Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:38 pm
February 12, 2013

I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

User Image User Image User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

James grinned at Eva's response as they headed down the stairs. She explained that what he had seen seemed to have been connected to another case she was already working on, and that she hoped he didn't mind being used. The Detective shrugged. "I'll get over it. I'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't come in handy." His tone was light, suggesting that he wasn't offended in the slightest. His ability had helped him to solve more than a few cases, and besides, he was a Detective -- it was sort of in his job description. "In fact, on the list of ways I could be used by a woman, I'd say this is probably one of the better ones." The grin returned to his face again. James had mostly gone back to his normal, relatively easy-going self since Joel had returned. It was a huge weight lifted off of his shoulders, despite his friend's predicament with his long-lost sister.

They reached the main floor of the complex and James held the door open politely for her. Eva was about to go on, but someone appeared suddenly tapping the woman on the shoulder and holding out a letter. She was very out of breath, and James was just confused. The girl waved at him, introducing herself and revealing her bright green hair. James composed himself as best he could. "Detective James Brandt..." He introduced in return, before glancing at Eva again. "Why do we need a guard... Exactly..?" It wasn't really an issue -- though Eva was right, that it seemed excessive -- he just wasn't used to it. If anyone went with him, it was others on the police force who knew about the case, there to assist him. However, usually it was just himself and Joel. A two-man team. He was still getting used to the way that Providence did things. Eva didn't seem phased for long however, unlocking the car doors so they could get in. He followed orders and climbed in the passenger seat, leaving their tag-along to hop in the back. His own car would sit around outside Leon's apartment for the time-being, he supposed.

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:02 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Sigma Team Armor and stun gun

Taking a mental note she nodded, though a small frown was present as her presence wasn’t really wanted. Amélie was new to Providence and immediately placed in Sigma team because of her abilities. "It’s my first assignment, my CO thought it would be an easy warm up before we got deployed. I know you guys don’t want me, but I’m here to help." She looked to the two of them. Looking out the back window before facing forward once more. Her desire to help others and do good by others was what brought her to Providence in the first place. Seeing the sorta unwelcomed looks from Eva and the Detective, she looked down towards her hands. "So the case... besides protecting Miss Albright, is there anything I can do to be helpful?"

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100

xLulie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:49 am
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse
"She may be small, but she is mighty"

A young girl walked down the main streets of New York city, she had recently moved into a small apartment not too far away now, to try and grow up a little and enjoy some independence away from her sometimes overbearing father.

Her name was Nova Primrose, she was a petite girl, standing at 5ft 1. She had a secret however, that she was determined to remain a secret for as long as she could. Nova knew some of the terrible things going on in the world, but she just didn't think she was good enough, she thought she would leave the saving the world stuff to the actual superheroes. Ever since the war broke out, the streets of New York just weren't as safe anymore, especially for a young girl like Nova.

Her eyes wandered, and caught sight of a group of people getting into a car in quite a rushed time. She became a bit tense, and wondered if something was going on. This feeling was short lived when she realized that she was being followed, by a young man in a hooded jumper. She had experienced this a few times before, however it never came to fruition, rolling her eyes she continued to walk, witnessing the stalker playing with something in his pocket.

"Looks like he's brought a knife to this one.. " she said to herself, as she continued to walk through the street, only about 10 minutes away from her home. He began to pick up pace, as not too far ahead Nova would go through an empty street as a shortcut to her home, she had to make a decision as to what she would do, and quick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 ℭ𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔥𝔞𝔪
𝔇𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔱
𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯
𝔘𝔫𝔠𝔩𝔞𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔡
𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢
𝔚𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤

Marianna sighed as she hung out on a roof top of an apartment building. She had gotten up there by being a raccoon a few days ago and enjoyed returning to it, loving the fact that it was so solitary. She looked around and heard something. She looked below to see a girl walking at a pretty fast pace. She looked behind her, wondering why the girl was walking like there was a fire behind her. She noticed a man following her and rose a brow, wondering why he was following her. She noticed a glint in the light and understood now, he was going to attack her at some point, or so she figured. Taking a breath, she stood and removed her jacket, liking the jacket she had found. She looked down and closed her eyes before jumping. Just as her feet left the building, she transformed and flew down to the man, attacking him with her beak and talons any way that she could. She pecked, clawed all of what she could reach on the man. She saw his knife try to hit her and she screeched as she got out of the way. Then she began to attack him again going at him until he gave up. Once he left, she stood on the grown and looked up at the girl that had been followed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xLulie
Quote:

Khaleesi Angel

Divine Warrior

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Eva Albright
Botanical

Eva carefully eased herself into her car, while silently wishing she had gone for the SUV instead. She could feel the stitches in her side pulling a bit as she moved, but so far she had managed to avoid doing damage. She felt a pang of guilt as the young Amelie spoke from the back seat. After all, she was just doing her job and Eva had been pretty rude about it. “I'm sure you'll do a great job.” She said trying to be upbeat, while looking at her in the review mirror. She couldn't twist to look in the back directly with her injury, so it was the best she could do. “I have to admit I'd rather avoid any more fighting if possible, but I'll glad you are here when it inevitably happens.” Really she wasn't even supposed to be back on the job, but something big was happening in New York, so having a body guard was a small price to pay.

Then she looked to Detective Brandt sitting beside her and took a small breath, before starting the car. She had sort of been hoping to avoid telling James about the attack. The last thing Eva wanted was for him to decide he needed to be all macho and protect her and try to take over the case on her. Eva started driving as she explained the situation. “It has to do with the case I was telling you about. Five Providence members have gone missing from the city, but of course they want to keep the public from finding out. I was attacked in a restaurant last week, but luckily a deviant with metal-morphing powers came to the rescue after I was shot. I'm fine, really. Just a minor wound, but I guess they've decided it's better to have protection.” Then she grinned, seeming to do a 180 as she suddenly changed the subject. “So, do you get used by women often Detective?”

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:52 pm
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse

Nova was about to begin to make a quicker exit from the potential scene when she saw a silhouette at the top of the building, she couldn't make out who it was due to the sun glaring at her face. Before she could respond, down swooped a bird as black as night and attacked the man in any way it could. Nova stepped forward and was about to aid the bird, but the man ran off and the bird stood upright on the ground, looking at her intently.

Nova felt a bit nervous, she looked around her close proximity for a potential owner. After a minute of staring the bird down, she walked towards it and bent down to make it feel more comfortable if possible, after all - she had never been helped by a bird before.

Reaching her hand out to pet it's head, she decided against it and placed it back at her side, at the risk of startling it. There was much more to this bird, Nova felt something was amiss. "Thank you, you really helped me out there." she said, looking up into the sky. "Are you gonna head home now?" she asked, realising she was talking to a bird and must have looked absurd.

Nova stood up, and as she did she felt a sharp nipping sensation on her neck. She placed her hand to check what created the sensation, and once she realised something was stuck she instinctively yanked it out, realising it was a dart of some kind. She looked to her left side and saw someone with a gun, aiming another shot at the bird beside her, she then clicked. "Oh god no, It's working.. " she thought to herself as she looked at the bird. "Fly!!" she yelled, as she fell backwards onto the ground, everything around her blurring and starting to fade to black.

She had avoided people trying to recruit her, kidnap her, change her for a long time now, it was only a matter of time before something worked. As she faded to unconsciousness, she only hoped the bird managed to get away.

Khaleesi Angel

xLulie

Khaleesi Angel

Divine Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 ℭ𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔥𝔞𝔪
𝔇𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔱
𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯
𝔘𝔫𝔠𝔩𝔞𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔡
𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢
𝔚𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤

Looking at the girl and hopping a bit closer, she cawed at the woman. Marianna watched the girl as she got closer and looked up at her, the girl hesitating to touch her. She squaked, having found herself unable to change back at the moment. She looked as the girl fell, jumping a bit, being drugged. Marianna jumped onto the girls back, seeing the man. She grew angry and squaked at the man approaching. She flew at him, attacking him as she did the other man. Someone else grabbed her and she struggled to get free. She fought hard until she managed to get away, changing back as she looked at the men. She looked between them, standing near the other girl until she felt a sting herself. Putting a hand on her neck, she winced and fell, sleep finding her easier than it had in awhile. Before falling asleep, she rolled a bit, looking at the men as they grouped around the two. "No" she whispered softly before going limp.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xLulie
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Michael Stephenson
                                    xxxxx-Thunderhawk - - ---

User Image

Ah, NYC, bustling city full of jackasses, hopeful Broadway stars, and aspiring millionaires, each hoping to strike it rich in some form or another. Mike would've said he was the same, but he just liked the crowds. Felt it was easier to get lost in them and avoid unwanted attention. Some days were better than others, and today wasn't looking to be one of those days. Walking towards his flat down-town, he saw a young girl get jumped, saved by a bird, then a group of guys attack again, with dart guns. What the ******** was this? A bad action film?

Mike didn't bother to hesitate, and grabbed an old galvanized trash-Can lid, and charged at the cluster like he was Captain America from the comics, using the garbage can lid like a shield. There is a mild convenience knowing a martial art, because he really disliked people knowing he had powers. Still, it was one against a dozen or so, but a few broken bones, three guys slammed into walls, and one dude getting a Southern Surprise, the goons broke off pretty quick.

Unfortunately, he didn't know anything about field medicine beyond a bit of first aid. Conveniently, his flat was around the corner, and he was really friendly with the doorman. So, to avoid having to answer any questions, he ran around the corner, got the doorman, and managed to get both girls to his flat. Doorman made out with a hundred extra bucks in his pocket for the help.

"Well, shite. What did I step in now? Really gotta stop doing noble crap," he grunted to himself as he pulled blankets over the women and let them sleep off whatever was in the darts. He was burning a bit of extra kinetic energy, but he hadn't been stuck by a dart, so all in all, not so bad.

Where: NYC tab tab Company: Drugged girls, busted up assholes tab tab

Khaleesi Angel

xLulie

Gaius Scipii

Tricky Sleuth

12,350 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Streaker 200

xLulie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:54 am
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse

Nova began to come around after at least 5 hours of being unconscious. She couldn't quite see yet, however could feel that she was still lying down, covered by something soft. Making some soft groaning noises, her fuzzy head started to clear as her eyes opened slowly and closed again, "What the hell happened to -" she gasped and instantly sat up, everything coming back to her in less than a second. She was on a couch, covered in a blanket, she was extremely worried yet didn't feel any imminent danger.

Bringing her legs around to hang over the couch, she rubbed her face as her head had a slight ringing noise. Nova looked around her, and noticed another female lying close to her, she had never seen this girl before, but somehow felt a connection already. Instantly standing up and crouching at the girls side, she could see that she was just asleep, and would wait until she awoke. Was this her flat? No, it couldn't be, not when she was in the same state as Nova.

Nova stood up again, and looked through a drawer beside her, grabbing whatever she could use as a potential weapon - a pen, great. Holding the pen out infront of her, she could hear someone making a noise in the flat, they were awake. Whoever shot her with the sleep dart had the intentions of taking her somewhere, and she wouldn't let them take her without a fight. "H-hello? Is there someone there?" she said, stuttering a little.

She wasn't the brightest of people at times, Nova could have tried to sneak out and easily lifted the woman beside her, however decided to talk to her potential enemy instead. She thought about the bird that had saved her, and hoped it was okay. Looking back at the other girl sleeping, she held the pen out - indicating she was ready to defend herself. "I'll protect you, don't you worry... " she said to her, before moving around the flat to look for whoever else was there.

Khaleesi Angel

Gaius Scipii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 am

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 ℭ𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔥𝔞𝔪
𝔇𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔱
𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯
𝔘𝔫𝔠𝔩𝔞𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔡
𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢
𝔚𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤

Marianna began to come to, the first thing she noticed was someone beside her. She felt movement and drew in a breath as she listened to her speak. If she could laugh without hurting her head, she probably would have. She finally managed to open her eyes and winced, her hand going to her head. "Ow" she whispered softly as she rolled over a bit. She watched the girl venture further into the... flat? She looked around, raising a brow. The last thing she remembered was looking up at the men. How the hell did they get there? She took a breath and managed to sit up, a wave of nausea overcoming her. She laid back again and groaned softly. She smiled as she watched the girl with the pen, looking at her from between her fingers. She shook her head and stood, then sat back down. "Not happening" she whispered, nausea coming back to her. She tried to relax and looked around. She liked the place but if this is where they kept their captives, it was a little weird. Marianna took a moment before standing again, feeling a bit better this time.

xLulie
Quote:

Khaleesi Angel

Divine Warrior

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:56 am
February 12, 2013

I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

The newcomer seemed a bit off-put by their responses to her presence, but went on to explain herself anyways. James shrugged it off rather quickly and nodded. Eva changed her tune as well, sounding apologetic for her previous comment. If James was honest, he would prefer to avoid much fighting himself. The last real confrontation he had been in had led to him shooting both the perpetrator, and his best friend. He was still a bit hesitant to pull his gun now, though logically he knew the whole thing had been Hyde's doing and not his own. However, he had it if needed. "So the case... besides protecting Miss Albright, is there anything I can do to be helpful?" The Cadet asked. "That remains to be seen." James responded simply, glancing backward in the mirror at the young woman. "And is probably better for Eva to answer than me... I'm afraid I'm only here by coincidence." James admitted sheepishly. Either way, if this case was bigger than what small bit he'd witnessed in the vision, having a Detective involved couldn't hurt.

After a moment, Eva glanced over at him to answer his question as well. She sort of rushed through the story, as though not wanting to linger on the details too long. It was clear why once she added the bit about getting shot. James gave her a startled look, and raised his eyebrow. "Are you sure you're okay to be in the field?" He asked, though his tone was joking. He couldn't blame her either way. He wouldn't let something like that get in the way of a case either. Eva grinned at him then, changing the subject completely. He let her, since she didn't seem to want to talk about the rest all that much. "So, do you get used by women often Detective?" A grin spread across his face as well. "All the time, usually I enjoy it -- I seem to have a knack for it."

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Deadly_Tiger

Ghost_Rios

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Sigma Team Armor and stun gun

Making note of the detectives comment Amélie could sense the displeasure of her being there. Though Eva put for the the cheery tune the young deviant couldn’t help but feel the unwanting nature of the group. Buckling up and slouching a little she made a small flame, no bigger then a dime, appear. Bouncing it from finger to finger as she it seemed she was to talk when spoken to. Looking out at the city she kept the flame dancing making it go out when Eva explained more of what happened. "Security feared it was related so I was assigned to the job." Sitting back up a little, tilting her head to pop her neck. "So Detective... are you a deviant as well?"

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100

Gaius Scipii

Tricky Sleuth

12,350 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 am

Michael Stephenson
                                    xxxxx-Thunderhawk - - ---

User Image

Michael walked back into the living room with a tray in his arms loaded with a teapot, tea-cups, and water cups. He paused slightly by the sight of the pen in one of the women's hand. His brow quirked, and he just shrugged slightly, setting the tray on the coffee table. He pulled a can of soda out of his jeans pocket, cracked the tab, and leaned on a bookcase in the living room.

"I'm going to assume that my rescue isn't appreciated? I mean, this is New York, there are worse things than not being dragged off by nut-jobs with tranquilizer guns," he quipped, his sarcasm sliding past the courteous host-mode of his mood.

"Name's Mike, and while I don't hold to hitting people unless they deserve it, can we start by putting the pen back in my drawer? I only have so many. Damn things keep wandering off."

Where: His apartment tab tab Company: Two almost kidnap vics tab tab

Khaleesi Angel

xLulie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 am
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse

Nova watched the young man come through with a tray of refreshments, she still remained vigilant for a brief moment before dropping her hands back to her side. He had rescued them, it now made sense to her. "Oh, you saved us?" she said, taking a few steps back as she kept an eye on him.

Nova looked at the pen, she placed it back in the drawer and looked back up, smiling at her saviour now. She walked over to him and placed her hand out to shake, keeping an eye on her strength when she did so. "Thank you for saving us both, Mike. My name is Nova, Nova Primrose!" she said, looking at the other woman he had saved.

"Oh, your awake!" she said, still not knowing that this was also the bird that had helped her from before. "How are you feeling?" she asked, moving closer to the woman. Nova hadn't seen her around before, when she was attacked everything after that was a blur, how had she got involved in all of this?

Khaleesi Angel

Gaius Scipii

xLulie

Khaleesi Angel

Divine Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:51 am

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 ℭ𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔥𝔞𝔪
𝔇𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔱
𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯
𝔘𝔫𝔠𝔩𝔞𝔦𝔪𝔢𝔡
𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔢
𝔚𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤

Marianna looked between the two as they talked and she nursed her head a bit. She had never been drugged before she her reaction, she felt, was normal. She looked at the guy as he set the tray down and stood. "Got any pain killers on that thin?" She asked before looking at the girl. "I am alright. For the mist part. What about yourself? They got you with a decent dose." She explained, pushing her hair back before looking at the man again. "Thank you. For saving us. I don't know who those people were but they weren't friendly." She explained, looking around the place then at a window. The sun was just in range to shine on them over the next building.

xLulie
Quote:

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas