Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Northern Lights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi wasn't entirely sure what Mathis meant by his comment. She certainly didn't believe Black was capable of winning the war by himself, much less anyone else. Besides if that was his goal there were people a lot higher up than her, like the Director, that Black would be going after. She was left with little choice but to either sit in the car by herself or follow Mathis instead. The car was tempting. Just because she was nicer on the surface didn't mean Lexi enjoyed spending time with most people anymore than Mathis did and some solitude would do her stress levels some good. But it was with a small sigh that she followed Mathis inside. “Any of them stand out to you?” She asked after David gave Mathis the list of places. Even if she did trust Black, she'd take Mathis's opinion over his when it came to the Dominion. After all Mathis had almost effortlessly gotten them here, while Black seemed to be held up. Perhaps a there was a little bit of bias involved as well. Besides, she wasn't entirely sure how wise it was to wait around for another twenty four hour. It would give The Dominion that much longer to put the hunt for them into full gear.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:07 pm
Mathis Mathews

"No." Mathis responded to Lexi as he combed over the addresses. Some weren't even houses, they were just street corners or stores. It didn't make sense because there was no clear indicator as to what place would be safest. "Why can't we just stay here?"

"Not safe." Jet responded as he gestured towards an open door at the far end of the room with three bags in it. Their bags. They did say that they were staying at someone else's house. "We're heading out right behind you. We have-" Jet looked at his phone "- two hours before the search team shows up here.." Hearing that, Mathis sighed and handed the list off to Lexi. Jet, Saul, and David all seemed to have turned their focus towards repacking their bags.

"We can start at the top and work down from there if the Dominion finds us." Mathis suggested.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:20 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“Sounds like as good a plan as any.” Lexi agreed, while taking the list from Mathis. She was feeling a little uneasy about address roulette or why Black had called these three with the locations instead of contacting her directly, but thought it better to keep those thoughts to herself for the time being. Mathis was already suspicious and had enough going on in general. She typed the first place into her phone. “Looks like a motel not too far from here. Any ideas of how you want to get there?” It sounded like the other three weren't planning on giving them a rid. They could walk, but being out in the open didn't seem safe. It might be their only option if Mathis didn't have another contact up his sleeve like the taxi driver.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 am
Mathis Mathews

"We can drop you off once we are done packing, just sit tight for a minute." Jet offered as he poked his head out of the room. A moment later his head dipped back behind the door frame and he resumed his work. "Problem solved." Mathis mumbled sarcastically. He didn't like being trapped in Dominion territory. His escape plan was shot when they failed to kill Concussion because it put the Dominion in the area on high alert. He knew that if he made the decisions now, the two of them would end up in Dominion custody tomorrow. So he would just follow the notes left for them. It wasn't long before the trio in the room had finished packing and came out with their bags which they went to load into the car.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:00 am

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi gave a bit of a smile at Mathis's comment. Just a slight curve of amusement to one side of her lips. “One problem down, ninety nine more to go.” She knew Mathis hated her hope crap, but she was confident they could make it out as long as they took things one step at a time and kept moving forward. Mathis would likely tell her they just got lucky with Mr. Black getting involved, or maybe worse given how angry he was all the time these days. Once they were ready she followed the trio outside. She really wasn't looking forward to getting back in the car, but there really wasn't any other option in the current situation. It was with a deep breath that she climbed into the backseat once more and waited for everyone to join her.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:13 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mathis did not respond. In fact he hardly said anything at all once they were back in the car. He just looked out the window like he was waiting for something that never came. Or at least it wouldn't come to him today. The trio drove the two to the first address on the paper and aside from bickering with each other a little, they didn't say anything to Mathis or Lexi. David only stopped the car long enough for Mathis and Lexi to get out before speeding off. Where ever they were going, they were in a hurry. Mathis on the other hand took his time before he went anywhere. He stood out in the parking lot of the motel and looked around for any cameras or other devices that might identify them. He saw none. Finally he broke the silence in a way that the new Mathis seemed all too practiced. He complained. "I don't like this."

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi thanked the trio for their help and bid them to stay safe in their travels upon arrival at the motel. Even if they weren't brightest, she didn't want anything bad to happen to them. They had kind of grown on her a little bit in the short they had been together. Now out in the parking lot Lexi felt strangely alone and abandoned. “We don't have a choice.” She reminded Mathis gently. “Let's get a room. It seems like the kind of place that doesn't ask too many questions if you pay cash.” Another word for it was a one hour hotel, but she decided to frame it better than that. “At least we won't be out in the open.”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:52 pm
Mathis Mathews

"Get room thirteen." Why Mathis had chosen that room wasn't necessarily clear but to the observant it was because that so happened to be the room he was facing towards as they stood in the parking lot. There was no reason passed that. "I'll check the perimeter while you get the room." Mathis said somewhat absent minded as he walked off. If they were going to trust that they were safe here as Mr. Black said then he saw no reason not to take a look around and figure out where things were. He made plans for a few escape routes before going back to Lexi who he expected would be in the room by then. Either way, after about half an hour Mathis would return to room 13 and knock on the door.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

A few seconds passed before Lexi opened the door for Mathis. She hadn't checked out the window or through the peephole and she hadn't needed to. There was no aura she knew better than Mathis's. “See anything?” She asked as she stepped back into the room. It was hardly the Ritz, but it would do for a few hours. With any luck it would do until Mr. Black arrived. Her thoughts faded briefly to the last time her and Mathis stayed in a hotel, but that had been a lifetime ago and they had been different people back then. She didn't have a giant bruise on her side because Mathis had punched her back then. Lexi had taken the liberty of taking a quick look at it while Mathis was walking around outside. She should probably ice it, but then again maybe it had been too long already. Besides she lacked the means, and even if she didn't, it would be awkward with Mathis sitting there. So she took a seat on the couch and did her best to put it from her mind. “Unfortunately there isn't a lot entertainment wise, and I suppose we'll need to get food eventually.”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am
Mathis Mathews

"This is a strange place. No security cameras anywhere." Mathis reported as he walked around the room. If they were attacked it would likely come from the front door. In that case the safest escapes were either to destroy the back wall or... well no if they got attacked and the attackers were at the front door the back wall was the only choice. The other walls lead into different rooms. Mathis wasn't thinking about the need for food because in light of what had happened he was not all that hungry. "That depends on when Mr. Black shows up." Mathis replied. Little did he know, that would be very soon.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“I image that's what makes it safe for two fugitives on the run.” Lexi returned. Hard for say, a technopath to pick them up if there were no cameras to pick them up on. She watched Mathis look around the room for about thirty seconds before speaking up again. “There is a window in the bathroom, but if they find us I'd image they'd be smart enough to send at least one person around back. There wasn't anyone in room twelve when I checked, but two people in room fourteen.” Hopefully her little report would get him to sit down for a minute. The dice were in the air and there wasn't a lot they could do until they landed in the current situation. However perhaps knowing she was in fact paying attention to their surroundings might help provide some level of ease. She glanced away for a minute, before focusing her gaze back on Mathis. "Why did you panic when we were confronting Concussion? I've seen you be a lot of things, but I've never seen you panic before." She had a feeling he wouldn't like the question, but it seemed the one thing that had carried over from their previous relationship was answering each other honestly when asked pointed questions.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:11 am
Mathis Mathews

"One person around the back we can handle. It is the main group I want to avoid." Mathis responded before walking into the bathroom to check on the window that he had been promised. When he saw that it was in fact there he returned to the main room to answer Lexi's question. "You were losing. Concussion was going to kill you and then I would never have had any opening." Mathis explained. His explanation made more sense as to why he had acted but it left plenty of questions. If Mathis had waited and let Concussion blow through Lexi's barriers he would have had his opening. Why hadn't he?

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:46 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It was almost immediately clear Lexi didn't believe him, her brow furrowing a bit as she scrutinized the man standing in front of her. Not the slightly unfocused look, like she was looking threw someone when she was reading their aura, but one of examining Mathis directly as she tried to logic out what he had said. "You could have let him kill me to get your opening. I'm grateful, but killing Concussion was objectively the better choice. You've been perfectly clear about your lack of any attachments to me and you've sacrificed people in the past to get the results you want." Hell, he was prepared to kill that poor Taxi driver for failing him, though it would gain him nothing. Sure, she was up there in Providence, but definitely not Founder level. His answer didn't make sense.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:20 pm
Mathis Mathews

"We are done discussing this." Mathis shut down the conversation as he always did whenever Lexi came close to finding out a motive behind something he did. It was not his way to blatantly state things. He would never be the man to admit he had given up his chance to kill Concussion out of fear of losing Lexi. Just like he hadn't told her that he returned to Providence to explore the feelings that were confusing him. He remembered it, even now when he was being hunted by his former friends. Honestly if anyone hunted him at this point they were probably former friends. His return to Providence has been rough. Security for them was nearly as tight as for the Dominion. Yet as Mathis now sat within Dominion territory, he had also sat within Providence's. He'd been there for a week before he walked into their base and during that week he had done everything he could to find out information about Lexi. Not Providence, Lexi. It was her who had singularly pulled him back and he still didn't know why. It pissed him off. At least to the extent that he had walked right into the headquarters with his hands behind his head. Anywho, he knew the most effective way to get out of talking to Lexi was to simply stop talking and so that was what he did. Mathis looked out the window beside the door into the room and began impatiently pacing.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Perhaps Mathis was done discussing it, but attempting to shut down the conversation only increased her interest in the topic. There was something he didn't want to tell her and there weren't very many subjects under the banner of things he wouldn't tell her. "You didn't want him to kill me." That much was obvious. "But why?" That was a lot less obvious, though the question was most rhetorical at this point. It wasn't that she didn't want him to answer, but that she assumed he wouldn't. She was mostly talking to herself, trying to riddle it out in her mind. "It wasn't just that you didn't want him to kill me. You were afraid he was going to....." Lexi sort of trailed off at the end of that sentence, a look of realization crossing her features as something clicked into place. "Why did you come back to Providence Mathis?" That last question was actually directed at him. He had claimed it was because he had decided Providence was right, and Lexi had taken him at his word then, but now she was less sure that had been the reason.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas