Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Safari Contest - Crown Tundra [Closed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 11!

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:58 pm
[Southern Lake]

As they left the cave proper, nearly accidentally kicking a Gossifleur in the process, two things could be seen. The first was a body of water that'd make travseral tricky without swimming or simply flying. Issues that neither of them would have, frankly. The other was a giant tree in the distance, easily bigger than anything they'd seen elsewhere or even nearby.

"...huh. Must be fairly old," Sol commented, though he could feel a distant energy that suggested something more. Too far away to tell for sure, however, and it was enough to make him go onward towards it. Even if that meant an upset, pouty Mew dangling from his shoulder as she loafed around.  
Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 3!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 pm
[Southern Lake]

It wouldn't take more than roughly ten minutes of walking before the trek towards that tree would require a winding path or cutting through another way. Letting go of Cera to let her float on her own- or fall to the ground, her choice- he'd spread his wings and take a few steps back.

"So, I'm checking out that tree over there. I'm curious about it, and I doubt it's anything dangerous. I'm sure there's a berry or two there growing on it with your name on them."

"You know what, fine, but these better be the best berries in the world or next Psychic's putting you in the water."

"Right, right, Cera ignored orders and all that."

Both would take to the air long enough to fly across to the tree to cut out whatever path would've surely gotten them lost, getting to the tree in a much faster timeframe. They'd both quickly learn that it was definitely bigger up close- so much so, in fact, that they were practically ants compared to it. This thing was massive, and the energy Sol felt earlier was palpable now. If he didn't know any better, he'd swear it must've grown on top of a power spot or something.

Cera would learn that the tree wasn't the only thing gargantuan about it, noticing that it really did have berries growing on it. That were easily several times her size and would probably last her a few weeks with ease so long as it didn't spoil beforehand. It took all of a few seconds for her to start using bouts of Psychic to get a couple of Pecha Berries and start eating one of them. Or, given the size comparisons, effectively nibble on it.

"Cera, maybe we shouldn't be so quick to shake this tree."

"Cera began to eat," Cera said, continuing her feast without a second thought.

Sol thought for a second and surmised that while the tree and berries were probably imbued with whatever energy allowed for dynamaxing, it was otherwise probably safe. And besides, maybe Cera would be more amenable after eating... maybe a fifth of that first berry at most. So instead, he shrugged and sat closer to the edge, pulling out a foldable fishing rod. When or how he acquired it was better left as a story for another time.

"Fair enough," he said to himself, unfolding the rod and casting the line into the water nearby. Maybe he could fish something up in the meantime, with any luck. No bait past a basic lure might make it easier said, but he had time.

Ten minutes later, he thought Cera might be done eating, but a cursory glance would find her still going at it and glaring at him, the Mew assuming he might use that as a new excuse to try this dumb "commanding her like a trainer" thing.

Another ten minutes later, and the line would suddenly tug quite a bit. Something had gotten tempted by the lure's presence and found quite a bit of purchase when it went for it. Sol was quick to take the rod and start reeling it in, though there was quite a bit of resistance in doing so. Eventually, he went to pull as hard as he could, overestimating how much force he needed and falling over for the effort while a Dratini would find itself flung out of the water, dislodged from the lure, and on a path right into one of the giant tree's branches.

A fair bit of shaking ensued after it made impact, with it and a Greedent soon falling from the tree and hitting the ground, with the Dratini looking like a rather stylish boa around the squirrel's neck. Which was bad enough for it, by the way, as it wasn't a fan of weird waterlogged dragons being on it. What it was even less of a fan of was seeing someone eating the tree's berry stores. Its berry stores.

Angry chattering ensued as Sol got to his feet, rushing to try and maybe diffuse part of the situation. "Hey, really sorry about that, let me get this off of you," he spoke up, his tone calm as he went to try and grab the Dratini.

Dratini wasn't happy about anything going on either, though, and went to blast Sol with a Hyper Beam for his efforts. The attack wasn't anything he couldn't handle, but did make him back off for the moment. It also upset the Greedent even more and it was finally just done with its day being disturbed so much. Like the tree, it seemed to be heavily inundated with the same energy, and it showed this almost as quickly as that realization dawned on Sol by suddenly making use of all of that energy.

In an instant, the Greedent's proportions looked relatively normal compared to the tree... and easily big enough to crush him, Cera, or the Dratini now barely able to work as a fake mustache, falling somewhere within its giant tail. Looking up, Sol had a feeling he might be just a bit in over his head.

"Well, this is a problem," he said to himself, cursing that he had to leave his other Pokemon behind back at the train station in exchange for the Safari Balls he had on his person. "Cera, a bit of help please?"

"Cera ignored orders and kept eating," Cera remarked, her tone deadpan and irritated as ever as she was fully intent on just eating the berry a bit more and let Sol deal with whatever happened. It's not like it could kill him or anything... at least not permanently. The Greedent did try to get into the air and crush him with Body Slam, though, and he barely avoided the embarrassing fate of being injured or taken out by Ratatoskr: Sick Joke Edition.

The ensuing impact shook the ground and made sure Sol wasn't getting to his feet easily, having had to dive out of the way in the first place. It also made sure Cera wasn't staying on the berry she was eating... "Do you two mind? I'm still eating-"

...or that the berry was going anywhere that wasn't the water. "My... berry..." The glare that she'd been giving to Sol now had a new target for a moment and as she floated up to meet Greedent's eyes, Sol could swear she was getting a bit bigger too.

"I'm not sure what's worse today, him over there trying to play trainer like I don't know what I'm doing or you for being a giant brute and ruining my meal!" As she shouted, Sol was certain she was bigger now- roughly double her normal size. He looked back at the water, where the berry she was eating now resided, then back at the Mew who was even bigger in those few seconds.

"Are the berries... no." If his beak was capable of conveying horror, it would. His eyes would have to suffice for now as he watched Cera eventually match Greedent's size and give a deep scream out of frustration. Followed by even angrier chattering from Greedent. Their battle shall be legendary. And involve lots of noises and cries that wouldn't be out of place in a kaiju flick.

"Yes. Yes they are. Staying riiiight over here, thank you," Sol said to himself, recoiling as Cera up and punched the Greedent and saw the squirrel retaliate by Countering it. "Cera, if you're willing to listen for once, we can get through this without trying to act like a giant Tyranitar fighting a giant Mothim!"

Cera turned to give a glare back at him, and unlike before, the Mew's newfound size was properly intimidating for once. Not that it made him back down. "Fine, punch the giant squirrel I guess."

Finally throwing Sol a singular bone, she did punch the squirrel again. Sort of. She'd actually gone for Aura Sphere, but the energy caused the move to warp and become less a sphere and more a giant aura fist from the heavens that crashed down on top of Greedent. The impact made it lose its footing for a second, dislodging several giant berries from its tail and also the poor Dratini that was still caught in the crossfire this whole time. In fact, the ordeal had apparently knocked it out, leaving it draped over a Nanab Berry.

"...are you actually working with me now?"

This would be followed by Greedent firing giant Bullet Seeds- or what looked like them- and causing a ton of grass to grow around the area, and Cera slamming her tail into Greedent for the effort.

"No? Okay. Please use Psychic?"

"Mew."

"I said I was sorry! Now's not the time to sit there all grumpy unless you want this squirrel to flatten us both!"

This time, a pair of dark tendrils emerged from Greedent's mouth and wrapped around Cera, soon exploding in a burst of Dark energy and hurting enough to make her second guess her anger- for now.

"...fine. One time. And we never speak of this again. Got it?"

"Sure, fine, just actually attack the thing and let me help!"

"Psychic, right?"

"Yes, please use that!"

Rolling her eyes, another loud scream would come from Cera as she finally accepted a command and unleashed a kinetic assault, boosted by the energy much like her Aura Sphere was. This time, it came out as multiple waves that battered Greedent and undid the grass that had grown, leaving behind a strong flux of Psychic energy. In the moment, the Mew took pause afterward, noting this wasn't the first time an attack of hers did that.

Greedent's energy was rapidly being spent from it all and it gave one last chattering cry as it went to try a Body Slam again. However, its attempt to get into the air ended up more like it tripping over itself and slamming into the ground, rapidly shrinking soon after and unable to maintain its gigantic state much longer.

"There... thank you. Are we good now?" Sol spoke up, only for Cera to go to the other berries and start eating one of them. Unlike earlier, now they were appropriately sized and more like eating a normal berry. If normal berries were packed with dynamax energy. "Er... don't you think we shouldn't be eating those?"

"Why not?"

"They're probably why you're like this in the first place."

Cera thought for a second about this fact, shrugged, and resumed eating anyways. "But they're really good from this tree. So I guess this is home now."

A bit of distance away, the weakened Greedent would still be angrily chattering away, wishing these "visitors" would leave already but too spent to reattempt the notion. Sol would also finally notice the Dratini he'd fished up, still knocked out on one of the berries. "Oh, right... maybe I should at least see about catching what I fished up, huh?"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:37 pm
[Southern Lake]

Tapping a Safari Ball against the Dratini, Sol would step back and let the ball do whatever it was going to. Unsurprisingly, a knocked out Dratini wasn't going to offer much resistance and was caught without any issue to speak of, soon sent off for later judging.

"I guess that's that, then... alright, how about we get back to the train station for the hot chocolate I said about?"

"But the berries-"

"Cera, we're leaving, stop this."

Taking another bite, Cera huffed and turned away. "Make me."

"Alright," Sol said without missing a beat, taking his SNAG out to contact GRAY and transfer the Master Ball kept at HQ for her. "Making you."

Cera would turn just in time to see the ball in Sol's hand, realizing he fully intended to make good on her challenging him. "...oh."

[Pokemon Caught: 11. Dratini]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:36 am
-The Safari Contest has officially came to an end! Results will be posted shortly.-  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 2!

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:42 am
-Darksol88's Final Score: 12 Stars-

Pokemon Rarity: 5 Stars (Dratini)
Battle Performance: 5 Stars
Pokemon Quality: 2 Stars

SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 3!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 am
-Blizzard120's Final Score: 9 Stars-

Pokemon Rarity: 1 Star (Rookidee)
Pokemon Quality: 3 Stars

Bonus Purification Points: 4

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 5!

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 am
-Requiem of Whyspers's Final Score: 13 Stars-

Pokemon Rarity: 4 Star (Tyrunt)
Battle Performance: 4 Stars
Pokemon Quality: 5 Stars

Bonus Evo Points: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:53 am
-DragonFang099's Final Score: 10 Stars-

Pokemon Rarity: 4 Star (Omanyte)
Battle Performance: 4 Stars

Bonus Evo Points: 6

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:57 am
-TerashiLeonGoken's Final Score: 9 Stars-

Pokemon Rarity: 4 Star (Audino)
Battle Performance: 3 Stars

Bonus Evo Points: 1

Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 3!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:38 am
-SubonicXP's Final Score: 9 Stars-

Pokemon Rarity: 1 Star (Galarian Zigzagoon)
Pokemon Quality: 3 Stars

Bonus Evo Points: 4

Darksol88
Vice Captain

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:19 pm
-Final Score-

First Place: Requiem of Whyspers
Second Place: Darksol88
Third Place: DragonFang099

Blizzard120, you get 15 Snag Coins or 3x Exp Candy XL as well as your second choice of 10 more Snag Coins or a Rare Candy. SubonicXP, you get 15 Snag Coins or 3x Exp Candy XL. And finally TerashiLeonGoken receives 8 Snag Coins or 2x Exp Candy L. All other participants receive a 5 Snag Coin + 1x Exp Candy M consolation prize. Everyone keeps their Pokemon, of course.

Furthermore we have some 'achievements' to give out!

At Least You Tried, you didn't catch anything but you tried! This goes to...MoniqueBrie! You receive your choice of 4 Snag Coins or 1x Exp Candy S.

A Wild Cameo Appeared!, for working in a cameo of another unrelated character or event, this time El Pato! This goes to...Darksol88! You receive your choice of 4 Snag Coins or 1x Exp Candy S.

Until next time!

Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces