Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Attire/Garb/Outter Layers/Clothes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you wear clothes?
  Only on Tuesdays and the third Friday of every month
  Of course.
  Clothes mean nothing.
  What's this crazytalk? I just want gold, yo.
View Results

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:52 am
Today I'm wearing a victorian-esq/EGl outfit that I made myself. It consists of a lacy and ruffly top paired with a slightly above the knee circle skirt (paired with plenty of pettiecoats to give it some extra poofyness), tights, and heeled mary-janes. All of which is in black.

As far as my style goes, I love rich, lush fabrics like satin and velvet. And I absolutely die for lace as well as corset lacing. I can't really afford to dress as opulently as I'd like, but I try to do what I can on a modest budget. My style draws largely upon styles of the vicrotian era, as well as mideval europe, and traditional cultural clothing. I make or modify a decent amount of my wardrobe, and I'm inspired by historical outfits, as well as by a lot of classical art (I've been dying to make myself a Degas-inspiried outfit for a while now). I also like the works of designers such as Kambriel, Mana, as well as others.

Over the past few years my style has changed drastically. In middle school I just wanted to fit in after years of being the taunted outcast in elementary school, so I wore the normal jeans and t-shirt look. That carried on through most of my first year of high school, but in high school I was finally able to find a group of caring, close-knit friends, so with this I found confidince. In my new-found confidince, I was finally able to wear clothing similar to the peices I had fawned over in my illustrated historical fiction books for so many years. I still have a lot of my older normal clothing, but now I'm just happy to wear what I think is beautiful, as opposed to just trying to fit in with fast-changing trends.

My favorite peices of clothing are my black velvet dresses, underbust corset, laced and heeled knee-high boots, burgandy crush-velvet bohemiean skirt, and white lace poet shirt.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:25 pm
light-ish green Scottish Highland Games Shirt
Black Utilikilt
Camo Hi-top Chucks
Usual rings and such.
Makeup to match.

ah yes, and chain wallet

[ Die Katze ]

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:08 pm
today i wore*insert drum roll here*

- black ufo pants(sofa king comfy)
- this black shirt thingy with sttring going downt he middle (sorta like a corset shirt)
-my hoodie with kitty ears
-WHITE SOCKS! woo
-a black bra with a meshy flower like design on it
-my birthday massacre undies that say murder tramp on the butt
(bootyshorts<3333)
-my red bell around my neck
-and my rag ish black shoes once more very comfy lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:05 pm
My parents constantly b***h me about my clothes, but they don't do anything (Thank GOD!!!). Is that a cause for concern?  

Nazo no Kanjojin

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:14 pm
Okami_Sensei
My parents constantly b***h me about my clothes, but they don't do anything (Thank GOD!!!). Is that a cause for concern?

If they get mad at you and don't do anything there are two things that could result:

1. They continue to never do anything until you're out of the house, and you're home free.

2. They finally get fed up and act on their irritability.

My dad used to get annoyed by my clothes. He thought I did it just for attention. But he eventually realised that's not the case so he's not done anything about it.

You know your parents better than any of us do, so the question that comes into play is "Do you believe that your parents will eventually feel the need to step in?"

If you answer "yes" to that question, then my suggestion is to have a talk with them. A serious talk. Not an argument; a talk. Sit them down, lay down what you want to gain from this conversation and see how it goes. The worst that can happen is they refuse your self expression, but you'll gain that back when you leave their household.

That's my input on the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:47 pm
today i wore: a pair of tripp pants with chains, shin high boots, black tank top, fingerless gloves with crosses on the knuckles.

my favorite outfit: my tripp pants with red stichting and chains, my boots, a black 3/4 inch sleeve shirt, my fingerless gloves or my velvet elbow length fingerless gloves, my trench coat  

Krys_Night

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:52 pm
Today I wore:

-Grey cargo shorts
-Rosetta Stone t-shirt (the actual stone, not the band)
-Brown Leather sandals

I have a small wardrobe of more traditionally goth clothes, but I wear them only when I feel there's occassion to. Yeah, black is a mainstay of my day-to-day outfit, however, I rarely wear all-black or particularly goth-y items (pin-striped pants, poet's shirt, knee-high boots, etc.) on a regular day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:08 am
Today i am wearing:

-Plain black t-shirt with pink stitching

-Black skirt with chains on it

-Black studded belt

-pink and black striped stockings

-my black lace up boots

-A pink collar with a black collar spiked wristbands and pink and black stripe gloves.  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:39 am
Plain black shirt - actually the same one I wore yesterday cause I'm a scuz.

Floorlength Victorian-esque black skirt with giant bow in the back.

Same boots as usual - that tends to happen on the days I work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:38 am
- Post what you might be wearing today
I'm wearing my black "I'm a Ninja! (You can't see me)" Shirt, with charcoal (Sp?) pants with chains and stuff xd and my black biker boots

- Talk about your favourite outfit you own or favourite article of clothing
Hmmm.....I would have to say my favorate outfit is my white, polka-dotted (black polka dots) tank with black lace and a black corset thing attached, with my black mini-skirt

- Talk about your favourite style
That's a tough one. I would have to say Gothic Lolita, though I don't have too much of it

- Talk about what you hate with regards to clothes
In summer, it's very hot to wear all that black, and sometimes I trip over the stuff hanging off of my pants because I'm a clutz.

- Discuss how your style changes, if ever.
Well, I used to wear a compleately different style before I finaly got more goth clothing. Now it seems to change from goth to punk-goth, and, if it chages again, probably Gothic Lolita

- Any style influences?
Hmmm....there are alot of influences....Anime and comicbooks mainly. I wish I had Johnny's clothes xd

- Post pictures of your clothes or you in your clothes
User Image
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/lola_siannodel/Lolita_dress_3_by_lolasiannodel.jpg
User Image
User Image

I don;t have pictures of my more recently bought outfits, sorry.

- Post pictures of clothes you're wishing for
I'm not going to post them just because it would take way too much room. I want way too much stuff xd  

lola_siannodel

Umberella

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:24 am
Today I'm wearing a long black skirt with an unsewn bottom hem, knee high black combat boots I found at my local dollar store (yay!), A really light see thru black sweater with a ragged hem, and a black t shirt that says "I have just kidnapped myself. Give me 1,000,000 dollars or you'll never see me again."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:08 pm
I wore today:

gun club shirt
jeans
blackonblack hi-top chucks
chain wallet

makeupp :]

[ Die Katze ]

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:05 am
aargh I need to make a new lace overshirt because the washer/dryer chewed it up. :[
And it has holes and such EVERYWHERE.

it was okay, because I wanted to make one that goes all the way up to my neck with a zipper in the back, so I have an excuse to make another.

:]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:41 am
Dang, I pretty much wear the same thing everyday.

Just variants.

Different black shirt.

Different black skirt - a choppy one.

Same boots.

I'm so boring. Haha.

MortSanglant

Phantasy Tokoro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:53 am
- Post what you might be wearing today Black shortsleeve button down shirt that I got at Walmart, and a new pair of Tripp pants I got today, in shorts mode for most of hte day, then for the Rocky Horror Picture Show, full pants mode. Along with my piercings.

- Talk about your favourite outfit you own or favourite article of clothing: My favourite piece of clothing is my black and green tripp pants I bought a few years back, but they're tore up to all hell. My favourite outfit to wear is tripp pants, with a nice black shirt, a nice tie (I absolutely love ties), and my chain arm warmers.

- Talk about your favourite style While I wear numerous styles, my favourite is a punk/goth style.

- Talk about what you hate with regards to clothes: Nothing, really.

- Discuss how your style changes, if ever. Depends on the day and the outing. Cleaning, I wear raggidy clothes. Lazy, same. All out, punk/goth. Normal, punk/goth. Nice, preppy.

- Any style influences? - My good friend from 10th/11th grade. 3nodding He inspired me to start wearing the punk/goth style, because I really liked it.

As for pictures of meh in my style:

User Image
User Image  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out