Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
have you seen this? the stupidest list of goth stereotypes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gothicrebel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:00 pm
m pretty sure i hav most of thoughs at least 80
%

the end is near!!! EVERYONE IS A SINNER
EVERYONE HAS 5 OF THOSE LISTED
OHNO!!!

rolleyes biggrin biggrin biggrin
xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:19 am
Sure some of the info actually applies but not everyone Gothic goes by the standards they set on this idiotic generalization.  

Lord Blade Icestorm

Gene_Lintuna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:19 am
What a shitload of untrue crap neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:15 am
-Frequently wears black clothing (so does half the population)
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts (see above comment)
-Wears excessive black eye makeup and nail polish (see above comment)
-Wears and odd, silver jewelry or symbols (see above comment)
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music (music is music, get over it)
-Associates with other people that dress, act, or speak eccentrically (everyone is different, so who's really to say what is eccentric?)
-WAS suicidal and/or depressed (I got over it)
-DID cut, burn, and partake in other methods of self mutilation (hey, I was depressed...)
-Complains of boredom (I wasn't aware that being bored was a sin)
-Sleeps too little (I'm an insomniac, that's a sin too?)
-Is excessively awake during the night (^^^)
-Dislikes sunlight (I burn easily)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy (I"m sixteen with three younger siblings, I just want to be alone sometimes!!)
-Spends large amounts of time alone (^^^)
-Requests time alone and quietness (nothing to do with evil spirits, everyone needs alone time sometimes, it's healthy)
-Insists on spending time alone with friends while unaccompanied by an adult (sorry, I don't want my father in the room while my bff and I are changing to go to sleep!!!!)
-Disregards authority figures (only certain ones, like I'm not Catholic, so I disregard the Pope, just like every other non-Catholic)
-Misbehaves at school (So does every other teenager on earth)
-Eats excessively (I like food, leave me alone, I'm still a healthy weight, why does it matter?)
-Eats goth related foods (Count Chocula is good!!! So are special edition Halloween poptarts, supposed "goth-tarts")
-Watches cable telvision or any other corrupted media sources (all media is corrupted, isn't that like prt of the definition of media?)
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer (1-I live in the middle of nowhere, 2-it's the only form of communication I have with my biological father, so, suck it)
-Dance to music in a provoctive manner (no matter how you dance, it's going to be provacative to someone!!)
-Pursues dangerous cult religions, including Philosophy (philosophy is so not a religion, it's just an interesting topic that's fun to discuss)
-Claims to be goth  

wantondestruction

Kirree

7,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:52 pm
I've seen this a long time ago. =P I think it was in the debate forum ages ago.

I found the list hilarious, personally.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:22 am
It always amazes me to see just how little research christians actualy do.
I managed to prove to my family that alot of the s**t on that list that I do, is in no way "Evil".
But it took me a little effort to prove to them that the "Da Vinci Code" was disproved by the french 30 something years ago.
But I digress. I'm starting to get used to this kind of s**t now.  

Al-aaraaf

Racssirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:39 am
Pardon my French but whoever wrote that pile of s**t is the biggest ******** idiot ever. I hate stereotypes, true or not, and that is just bollocks, if you want to see the truth read loveneverdies31395 post above. That, is true. Thank you for allowing me to express myself in this way, becasue that is how I feel. [/rant]

Steven  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:08 am
hahaha oh wow this is pretty retarded!! butt in a sence it makes me lagh rofl isnt that like a cerial??!?! hahah who ever made this has alot of time on their hands and is an ideot  

xolovelyxloser

Bakurish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:50 pm
Quote:
-Claims to be a goth.
-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include:
reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of
music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks
against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such
as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic,
the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and
His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative manner.

Oh yeah, because I always talk to evil spirits when I'm alone.... rolleyes rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:58 pm
Quote:
Is homosexual and/or bisexual

What does that have to do with being gothic?I know come homosexuals and they aren't gothic.
Whoever made this is waaaayyy to involed with their beliefs,and has waaay to much free time. 3nodding  

1 Broken.Soul

NeoApollyon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:34 am
This person, who wrote this list, is obviously delusional. Gothics take alot of heat around where I live though, so I'm used to it. In fact, my little bro had been trying to convince my parents that Goths were Satanic. He called me a "Satan worshipper" half the time, insulted my friend everytime he saw them, and was just a general pain in the a**. I managed to get my parents to see the "light" though, I am very proud to say, and they told him to stop(like that worked stare ). Unfortunatly, I also have to say that most of the Goths in my area are poser-Goths. None of them are really into it and its just a fad to them. Theres a few though who will probably stick to it well into their twenties and such. Its a shame to see such stereotypical bastards wihin my own family, but I have taken some minor revenge by spraying half a can of Resolve carpet cleaner into his alarm clock and CD-player. cool twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:32 am
*speechless* This sounds really....Catholic/Fundamental Baptist/....Stupid person trying to grab attention, Amish maybe. Being depressed doesnt make you a Satan worshipper. Its a chemical inbalance in the brain. And some people are too poor to afford anything other than cable or cheap sterling silver! mad  

Asuna Kimbei

Snow_Faerie13706

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:09 pm
good goth, what will they think of next? evil  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:11 pm
what a bunch of fascist bastards thats a load of s**t....pttf eats count chocola ceral. WTF -shakes head- stupid bible thumpers  

Azerrath_Severous

NaneXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:52 pm
Wow...that is very...strange... it is sad to see how stupid and ignorant people can be just because something is different from their own version of normallcy. And I suppose I'm screwed because I am more than half of those things. Hahaha blaugh heart domokun  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff