Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:36 pm
[i.eat.innocent.kittens]
take me out of this shitty guild, i didnt even send a ******** request for this s**t hole, it just appeared.

You know, you can just click the button that says "quit guild" to get out of a guild rolleyes

Anyway, as per your request, see ya, have a nice gaia life. I'm sure you're going to make lots of friends 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:37 pm
heart

ieatyourtclol

Eegaras

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:39 pm
Obnoxia
ZioaKan
cani call you fraggle rock?

Yes.

3nodding

Fraggle rock owns your FACE.

(message to everyone regarding Obnoxia from zioa kan)

:3  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:15 am
mortsanglant
my reasons why they dont affect me, well in ways they do

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
satan meh, who needs ultimate power over darkness, I have strepsils!!!

2. The price of Tripp clothing...
dont get it in the crappy uk, we might but i havent seen them yet.

3. The price of gothic things in general
lables, do we find them inside the clothes or on the outside hehehe

4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
black turns to a vintage grey. then i wash it.

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
2 or 3 maybe, but im left handed god damnit!!!

6. The damn stereotypes
I agree, being the best dressed has consequences.

7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
my dad encourages me to be the weird artistic random idividual i am today.

8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
i occasionally cannot be bothered to remove them so i just end up with the red indents of them, makes me look emo, goddamnit im not emo!!

9. People stepping on your pants
I wear jeans, not pants as I be british lol

10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.
anti deppresents sounds like the opposite of blowing up a balloon lol. me sad?! NEVER!

I Stole Your Last Breath

I Stole Your Last Breath

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:39 am
i have just read to see that everyone is complaining about hot topic becoming preppy, thery're no pink is supposedly in, not for goths but for emo girls when worn with black just to let ya all know that i dont aggree with it personally but theyre only trying to make money!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:09 am
What a fun topic. I thought that I was the only one who suffered from wardrobe malfunctions. rofl Black and purple lipstick is a b***h isn't it, you have a drink, and tada, it's either all over the lip of the drinking vessel or somewhere else on your face redface

Yes clothes are expensive, BUT I have op-shopped (thrift shops) for as long as I can remember and I have picked up some seriously awesome stuff. Just recently I got a pair of knee high black leather lace up boots (Tony Bianco) for a measly $15 (australian dollars) What a bargin whee Beats the $280 that I was thinking of spending on a similar pair of boots by Demonia. I also got a black top that looks a lot like a straight jacket.

Why not go to some of the outlet stores? Valley Girl and Tempt are great for picking up cheap black lacy things.

The whole thing about dressing up weird, if you don't like people looking at you, don't dress funny. But if like me you are happy to provide free freak entertainment, relish the attention and be proud that you can express yourself.

heart heart heart heart heart GOTHS ROCK heart heart heart heart heart

Bewitching_NightShade

gods_cry

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:25 pm
chainz_the_crazy_clown
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

I agree Trip pants are like 50 bucks per pair and the stupid school makes me remove my chains which takes around 5 mins since i have to god damn many! However I am a Satanist (no not for the image but because i believe what the satanic bible states) I also take anti depressance funny isnt it? Im what everyone expects me to be yet all im doing is being myself  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:06 pm
I have some solutions to this!

-wear a big cross and let it show
-well...I don't know much of tripp besides a pair of pant that I own
-DIY helps alot.
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHES BLACK
-Wash them in cold water and use the tide detergent that is meant for washing in cold water .
-Actually I always have them on the left. It just feels better.
6. The damn stereotypes
-tell them how untrue that is if they won't listen or they call you a poser, CRUSH THEM!!!
-well my mom doesn't really get bad about that as long as I wear clothes that fit.
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOSE CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
-Ummm...I just got used to being fast with my hands so...
-revenge washes the foot prints all away.
10.The anti-depressant every wants to give us.
-Oh jeeze now I have to give you my hilarious solution to this problem...here we go:
Put a HUGE grin on your face and go "Whatever would make you think that I could be depressed?" and prance around like a complete freak while singing the most depressing or gory song you know really loud. Be sure not to forget that catholic bigot grin!  

Soviet Reunion

cwthewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:59 pm
I mostly wear jeans and black t-shirts so no one really hassles me about my clothing. I would wear more black, but I don't have the money and my parents would never in a thousand years consider spending that type of money on clothing for me. Also, I don't wear make up, because I find make up a pain in the a** and I'm too lazy to put on any. The only thing my parents hassle me about is grades and finding a job. I've been branded a weirdo since elementrary school, so the teasing died down in middle school. I guess they got bored with me or something.Sadly, I do take ritalin to help with my ADD. But the thing that annoys me the most, is that everyone assumes that I'm completley psyhchotic and should be avoided. Actually, they might be onto something........ whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:09 pm
I completely agree with your list,
except that
rather than bitching at me
my mom thinks the way I dress is cute.
4laugh

Its Cookie Time!

Leaden B

Magic Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:01 pm
ZioaKan
Obnoxia
ZioaKan
cani call you fraggle rock?

Yes.

3nodding

Fraggle rock owns your FACE.

(message to everyone regarding Obnoxia from zioa kan)

:3

face? why face?

anyway...i had some ideas but i forgot now...
maybe it was that ....

~when you have an eye itch soo badly that it hurts...but your wearing eyeliner...GAH...that s**t sucks xp

somethings about hot topic...the s**t that they sell now is pretty much for everyone...preppy or not...i mean...EMO kids go there now...PUNK kids too....
only reason i go in there is to buy tunnles for my goddamned streched ears(my friend makes my tapers(things the strech them))...oh theres another!

~when you strech your earlobs it ******** smells like a**!! scream

~trying to stay pale when you go to school in the day time ninja

uh dunno...my list of top three(ones with smileys)
i hate that goth stuff...especally 19th centrey looking corest dresses and tuxes cost so god damned much!!

i dont have a religion just to let you all know...i might be satanic but i never read up on it...(imma lazy a**)
when i get a job ill end up buying from online...to keep my pretty and soft pale skin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:26 pm
What sucks about being Goth? Metal detectors. I mean, you're in a airport, going through security, and they ask you to take off all your metal stuff. If you never thought ahead and forgot aout the metal detector, you'd be stripping off your belt(s), earrings, chains, boots, peicings, etc. I can imagine it really really sucks when your chains are attached to your bondage pants. xd

This happened to me once. Except, it was only my belt and peicings. I bet it'd be worse for others though.

m a r l o w

Siermana

Ruthless Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:10 pm
I disagree completely with your list.

Remember, I mean NO disrespect, but:

I worship satin. I love the way it feels against my skin.
You don't have to wear Tripp clothing and it really has nothing to do with being Gothic
Praytell, what exactly are "Gothic things," love? You don't have to have a LABEL on it, do you?
You don't have to wear black to be Gothic. Trust me on this.
Wristbands are not necessarily a Gothic thing. I don't wear them.
6. The damn stereotypes
You must remember, though, that Goths sometimes tend to make stereotypes against other people, and by bitching about being stereotyped against, you're not getting anywhere.
Never happened to me. Perhaps if you explained to your parents what being Gothic really means, then they'll understand. Besides, sometimes, people that claim to be Goth or particiapte in the Gothic fashion DO take it a bit overboard.
Chains are also not necessarily a Gothic thing.
That happens to more than just Gothic people.
That's only because of the "pseudo-goths" that think they are gothic because they're depressed or want to worship the devil.

Remember, I mean no disrespect to anyone, and this was not meant to start an argument, but Most of the reasons I've seen on here are really not a big deal. And if you hate those reasons so much, then why do you call yourself Gothic? heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:29 pm
I just hate:
-people staring (though i'm getting used to it)
-getting yelled at to wipe the 'black crap' of my face by my mom (I paint japanese kanji under my right eye or just swirls and lines)
-Having to dig for somethign that's not black for when I'm goign out with my boyfriend's family at a fancy restaurant and don't wantot draw much attention to myself.
-sterotypes
-my boyfriend's dad calling me crazy/metaly ill...to my face
-being asked for hexes and other magickal things since i used to be wiccan and some un-trustworthy 'friends' found out and told EVERYONE i was satanic and a witch (eventhough I agree with La Veyan satanism)  

MerrickTheDarkOne

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:44 pm
MerrickTheDarkOne
I just hate:
-people staring (though i'm getting used to it)

Lol, you get used to it, at some point you'll realise you just don't feel quite right without people gawking at you xd

Quote:
-getting yelled at to wipe the 'black crap' of my face by my mom (I paint japanese kanji under my right eye or just swirls and lines)

One of my friends does that, I like it because then I'm normal in comparison rofl  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff