Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Is it true about Mew Mew? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mew Mew=Sailor Moon?
  Yes
  No
View Results

mintycho

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:43 am
Most people who really get in to anime like using the japanese names,titles,ect. So mew mew power will not be as popular as Tokyo mew mew.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:29 pm
You have a point but that's not always the case. I always get into my shows and I still use the english names, then again I tend to also know the Japanese names for some of them. But still some people will use the english names as to not cofuse others who are just getting into the show.  

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Kyouka_Maiden_Rei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:33 pm
no..its no where near the new sailor moon.. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:23 pm
Bunny_koi
Phoenix_17
its true mew mew power isnt like sailor moon but when I first saw it the first thing I thought is this, "oh my god this reminds me of sailor moon" it only reminded me of sailor moon cause there where girls that can transform and that reminded me of sailor moon and I love both shows ^^ mrgreen
oh my gosh! that looks so much like sailor venus in your sig!

thank you, I was going for that to be sailor venus ^^  

Phoenix_17

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:26 pm
Tokyo Mew Mew or Mew Mew Power, whatever name you wish to go by, has no relation whatsoever with Sailor Moon. Pretty much all girl magic anime follow the same traditional storyline.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:53 am
Serena1700
Mew Mew Power? Oh god. Frist of I like Tokyo Mew Mew. Hate Mew Mew Power. Did a very bad job on it. scream

Second it can never be anything like Sailor Moon! Sailor Moon can't be beat! heart whee

I totally agree 3nodding  

sweet_ichigo_angel

zombiemoof

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:45 pm
Never, dearie.

I own all of the Tokyo Mew Mew manga..
Sure, the whole saving the world, must accept
your destiny thing is kinda like Sailor Moon..
But yknow what?
Megumi just totally ripped off of
Naoko.

It will neverrrr be as great as SM.

Trust me.

: )

They have very different themes.

Mew mew is much more...Kid friendly.

I mean, its a great manga/anime (Mew Mew Power SUCKSSSS!!!)
but it couldnt replace SM.
SM is a legend, man.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:16 am
sailor moon is sailor moon and nothing else... nothing can't beat sailor moon XD  

vlad rain

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:00 am
First, let me say-- no way is something in the same genre of anime going to be as popular as Sailor Moon. Look at how many ways its been adopted-- starting with the manga, then the anime, then the musicals, then the Live Action series-- I don't think that's common.

However, I don't think that Tokyo Mew Mew is a rip-off of Sailor Moon. It uses the template that Sailor Moon made popular (5-member team of girls who transform to fight evil), but that's about it. The power source, the costumes, the personalities of the girls, the hideout, the enemies, and the theme are completely different. Whether or not you like Tokyo Mew Mew is completely up to you, but saying that Mew Mew is just a failed rip-off is extremely poorly informed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:24 pm
c. Alluvion
First, let me say-- no way is something in the same genre of anime going to be as popular as Sailor Moon. Look at how many ways its been adopted-- starting with the manga, then the anime, then the musicals, then the Live Action series-- I don't think that's common.

However, I don't think that Tokyo Mew Mew is a rip-off of Sailor Moon. It uses the template that Sailor Moon made popular (5-member team of girls who transform to fight evil), but that's about it. The power source, the costumes, the personalities of the girls, the hideout, the enemies, and the theme are completely different. Whether or not you like Tokyo Mew Mew is completely up to you, but saying that Mew Mew is just a failed rip-off is extremely poorly informed.

I feel that your right on that is someone thinks of Mew-mew a failed rip-off is poorly informed. Because of the fact that is follows the same basic design as SM kind of makes it enjoyable. And if you try hard enough you can see the Sailor Scouts in the Mew-mews.  

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:39 pm
You should tie your friends down and burn them with red hot pokers. Nothing could ever be the 'new' Sailor Moon- it's a classic, for God's sake! Especially Mew Mew... what the hell is that?!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 pm
Ugh...As ashamed as I am to admit this...I've read all the manga of Tokyo Mew Mew, and seen about 25 episodes of the anime...And 1 episode of the dubbed Mew Mew Power...
It is NOT Sailor Moon. It has no depth, barely any character development, and an undeveloped plotline.
When I read the manga, I sort of vaguely saw similarities between the two, with the whole "clutzy student becomes a superhero under strange circumstances and gets a team of 4 other superheroes together and they all fight evil" plotline, and Masaya reminds me a lot of Mamoru, he looks just like him, actually...The characters of Tokyo Mew Mew really are kind of similar to the Sailor Moon characters...Like, Ichigo is kinda like Usagi, Mint is kinda like Rei, and Masaya is kinda like Mamoru. To say it's the new Sailor Moon though is just WRONG. Tokyo Mew Mew is kind of like a cheap knockoff of Sailor Moon with a little bit of extra stuff added in.  

Avia-Terpsichore

Water Faerie Naomi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:45 am
Mew Mew POWER!? WTF! It's called Tokyo Mew Mew, people! scream Quit using the retarted 4Kids dub references. And stop disrespecting it! It may be a magical girl anime like Salor Moon, but it has it's differences. It to has a great storyline, and it is totaly different from Sailor Moon. True, the animated sieries is like a rip-off from Sailor Moon, but give the manga a chance! You'll find it too is a good sieries.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:40 pm
c. Alluvion

Just to add on to this: A lot of shows use the five-member base. Look at Power Rangers. Most sentai teams (literally translated to something like "task force" or "regiment") are composed of five members. This allows for a balance of power, and personality. There's always a leader type, a fighter, someone sexy, and someone smart. The fifth position is generally reserved for the leader's love interest. Of course, those aren't set in stone, just general stereotypes.

Since I've never seen Tokyo Mew Mew or Mew Mew Power (and really have no interest), I can't say anything else.  

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

KittyWarrioress

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:30 pm
I think the author of TMM is a friend or was a friend of the author of sailor moon. You son't have to believe me. I think TMM is just as good as SM. They both can't be beat with my friends and me from school.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff