Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Any actual vampires out there? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:19 am
MortSanglant
I've studied those who claim to vampyres in our time. The modern vampyre, if you will. I will tell you that those who are very deep into the vampyric life-style, truly believe they are vampyres, or potentially really are vamypres will not openly admit to their identity. Certainly not right away. It's something about themselves that they will disclose only to those they trust. That meaning someone they only need to trust for a short while - their victims - or those they'll trust forever - their clan. There are many, many people out there who merely play at a role of a vampyre. Some dilude themselves into believing it as truth. I've read many anecdotes about these creatures of today. These aren't just playful "Oh I bit my girlfriend on the neck the other day" vampyres. They have rituals. Rites. Codes. They have a true underground society. All of it will seem very phantasmagoric. The things you know have to happen somewhere, but only when you hear real life accounts of them do you truly understand the level of seriousness that accompnaies them.

Anyway, I'm rambling. My main point is that it's not to be tampered with. And those who are serious, won't be so quick to admit.

Again there are those who are psychic vampyres. They aren't as hesitant because it's not so "frightening" to others as blood rituals are.

I've said my piece.

Yes. I've studied a bit, but not much recently about them.

I completely agree with what she's saying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:27 am
[ Die Katze ]
MortSanglant
I've studied those who claim to vampyres in our time. The modern vampyre, if you will. I will tell you that those who are very deep into the vampyric life-style, truly believe they are vampyres, or potentially really are vamypres will not openly admit to their identity. Certainly not right away. It's something about themselves that they will disclose only to those they trust. That meaning someone they only need to trust for a short while - their victims - or those they'll trust forever - their clan. There are many, many people out there who merely play at a role of a vampyre. Some dilude themselves into believing it as truth. I've read many anecdotes about these creatures of today. These aren't just playful "Oh I bit my girlfriend on the neck the other day" vampyres. They have rituals. Rites. Codes. They have a true underground society. All of it will seem very phantasmagoric. The things you know have to happen somewhere, but only when you hear real life accounts of them do you truly understand the level of seriousness that accompnaies them.

Anyway, I'm rambling. My main point is that it's not to be tampered with. And those who are serious, won't be so quick to admit.

Again there are those who are psychic vampyres. They aren't as hesitant because it's not so "frightening" to others as blood rituals are.

I've said my piece.

Yes. I've studied a bit, but not much recently about them.

I completely agree with what she's saying.

THANK YOU!

Gosh, you're the first person to finally comment on my very valid point.

MortSanglant

Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:48 am
Atavistic Gently
Kaytrix
Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami
so most of the things you guys posted are things that are all true about vampires? wow. i mean i heard so many sterotypes that i didn't know what was real and what wasn't.

You shouldn't believe everything people tend to say. Use your common sense. I'm sure you've got it.

So why should we believe you? - Common Sense.

as you can see above I have common sense ^, but i want to learn more about this kind of stuff. I don't believe in hollywood stuff, but I pretty much know the basics. I would like it better if I knew more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:05 am
Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami
Atavistic Gently
Kaytrix
Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami
so most of the things you guys posted are things that are all true about vampires? wow. i mean i heard so many sterotypes that i didn't know what was real and what wasn't.

You shouldn't believe everything people tend to say. Use your common sense. I'm sure you've got it.

So why should we believe you? - Common Sense.

as you can see above I have common sense ^, but i want to learn more about this kind of stuff. I don't believe in hollywood stuff, but I pretty much know the basics. I would like it better if I knew more.

Yes, exactly. I am extremely skeptical so until one of these "Vampires" proves beyond a reasonable doubt that they are one. Like the psy vampire. It's impossible to prove. Well, highly improbable. Getting a kick or rise out of others? Well, if you're around happy people, you're probablly happy too. Sad people? They generally make me happy because the suffering of others is funny. Who wouldn't laugh if they saw some get hit by a car? Zombies, but that's not the point. Also, someone said that they ruined a girl's life for their own entertainment and 'energy'. If I went through the trouble to ruin someone's life, and did so, I'd probablly feel a lot better, sit back and crack open a cold one.  

The Grevious Angel

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:31 am
stare All right. That's enough. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean you should try to tear down and hurt anyone else who does. If you don't believe, that's fine, but quit BADGERING people to offer proof. I'm sick of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:34 am
lurichan
stare All right. That's enough. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean you should try to tear down and hurt anyone else who does. If you don't believe, that's fine, but quit BADGERING people to offer proof. I'm sick of it.

I think I missed something, Luri. Who's being a p***k?

MortSanglant

The Grevious Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:10 am
MortSanglant
lurichan

I think I missed something, Luri. Who's being a p***k?

Me.

And excuse me for not swallowing everything that someone tells me and thinking before I make a decision or go into a speculation. I've done enough specualting with MSP and HBO, where it's intendend, because, it's all backstory and left open for this purpose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:14 pm
*deep sigh* Normally I am quite the reserved one yet certain comments have roused me to post about myself - something rarely done. I personally must take iron supplements (3x the daily allotment) as my cells are unable to sustain the required amount. I also am highly succeptible to sun sickness and cannot stay outside for more than 15 minutes on a summer's day at noon without adequate protection else my skin begin to blister. Now, in the middle ages what, pray tell, was the best available iron source? Blood, of course.

Science isn't the catch-all in this world as we are an ignorant species even now. The "wild men" of Africa were a myth until explorers discovered gorillas, a tribe of Native Americans lived in the Florida Everglades COMPLETELY UNDETECTED until the 1950's and for 1000's of years the aura was the sole purview of Jesus and those crazy victorian-era nutjobs until someone discovered a way to photograph them and that's STILL an open subject for debate. Villagers were using willow bark tea to calm headaches for centuries before science "discovered" aspirin-within willow bark, no less.
All told, science is yet in it's infancy and thus inherently flawed. Don't be so quick to fall back upon it while it falters.  

ceilisidhe

Lilith Yamiko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:23 pm
Atavistic Gently
Kixera
i consider my self vampiric and here are some reasons:
-hate the sun
-drinks blood
-sleeps during the day (by choice)
-wander the night (coz its fun)
-owns a bat as a pet (she so jyoot ^^)
-had canines sharped to look like fangs (im not crazy XD)

So? Do you need the blood to survive?

Also, canine fangs are common trait in my family.
no i dont need it to survive but i guess i just like it...is that so wrong and wierd?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:26 pm
There's nothing wrong with liking blood.

It's called being a blood fetishist.
It may not even be to that point. You just like blood.

Nothing wrong with it.

MortSanglant

Ndoki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:36 pm
I do apologize Lurichan, since I know that's directed at me, but I feel I must explain. If you'd like I can delete this post after you read it. Anyways, I may be a huge skeptic, but I will always believe in things if they are shown to me to be real. Most of the time I wish someone did have proof so I could believe it, and lastly, without proof what would be the point in calling yourself something. I could go around calling myself Jesus Christ, and although I may look like the americanized version I don't have any proof that I am him. If someone was truly what they claim and proud of it they would have bundles of proof. I can prove my age, where I live, what I look like. I can prove what I like and what I don't... because they are all true. I'm only a skeptic because nobody shows me anything to the contrary, and perhaps I don't want to be a skeptic? Either way I'll stop now and apologize once again.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:28 pm
I'd say I am considered one because

1.I have k'9's
2.I like blood taste every aspect of it
3.I burn in the sun in 5 minutes
4.I am nocturnal
5.I function better a night
6.I am very strong for my age
7.I am really tired during the fay
8.And I have extremly good eyesight  

Kamadev

vampyre_smiles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:34 pm
I wasn't offended; it's your right to be skeptical. In fact, I'm glad you don't take what people say at face vallue. However, you're assuming people are pretending to be the Hollywood vamps, the ones that are immortal, with the exceptions of death by sunlight, stake or bullet. Maybe at some point those vampyres (or at least something similar although not undead) existed, maybe not.

If they did and the history that I've researched is any bit reliable (big if's on my part, I understand), then those vampyres intermixed almost completely with mundains during the 1300's, at about the time of the Black Plague. The Black Plague was both air-borne and blood-borne, meaning those beings would be in contact with it more often than their mundain counterparts, because of their need for blood.

There is a specific gene that has several dozen variations, one of which can make a person immune to catching the Plague (as well as HIV, because they enter cells through similar pathways). In the general populations of Europe and the United States, this variation is present at least once in approximately 14% of the population as result of the bottle-neck caused by said disease, compared to <1% in other parts of the world not affected. Therefore, if there is a way to substantiate the claims, it would probably be to see if there is a higher prevalence of this gene among vampyres than in the general population.

The reason that these traits are common in some combination throughout most of the population could be explained by recent calculations done by scientists and mathameticians; it is now believed that the human race's common ancestor lived somewhere between BC 3000 and 500 AD, and probably closest to the time of Christ.

And I know for a fact that it is uncommon for humans and most other mammals (aside from the famed "vampire" bats) to be able to digest blood in any large amount. Most people gets sick from it after a shot glass and a pint can cause serious problems or even death, because the hemoglobin produces a toxin when in the presence of most acids. "Vampyre" humans can drink up to a pint with little or no problem.

... Healing from a wound is different than recovering from a disease. I do heal faster than most people anyway, and that could be connected to metabolism, but diseases are a matter for the immune system.

A high metabolism can actually harm you in the case of an illness if it's high but inefficient, because your body already has a lot of demands. It could help in producing new cells, but then resources would have to be moved from some other part of the body to the areas concerned with the immune system. Even in an efficient system, it could only work if there was a way to obtain large amounts of energy with little effort.

(Again with the if's. Please bear with me a little longer.) If a protein could be produced that either broke down hemoglobin into usable parts for energy production, used the iron or other ions to produce energy or some combination of the two, then blood would be a very plausible source of energy.

As for any claims about "magik powers," I can't prove anything and am too tired to try to figure out how. Not everything CAN be proven. I'd like to have proof of how the universe formed: If it was the Big Bang, where did the stuff for the Big Bang come from? If it was some higher being, where did He/She/It/They come from?

Heh, long rant... i should become a theoretical something-or-other. Maybe Philosophy... cheese_whine

@ifrit.spawn2: Everyone has canine teeth, unless they got them pulled.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:42 pm
Ok just to point this out. I'm a jack of all trades, I have a way to open mind, and do entertain many thoughts/ideas because of my thought process. (I have a few more trains of thought going than the average person). Bottom line, I have tendacies, ablities blah blah, I can relate to almost anything. I don't like changing an I to a Y unless I have to. That includes magic (not majyck or any variation)

I eat ALOT (I'm a vegetarian so I eat even more for lack of 'heavy' meat)
I CAN heal fast if I reall need to Both work with the fact I have a high metabolisms

I have sensitive eyes-sun hurts, but I do love it. (and all other types of whether) But sun+vampire=boom/flames is a holleywood thing. Though vampirish people do usually have problems with the sun.

I like blood, but don't drink other peoples (yet) for pretty much any reason you could think of, and I'm a vegetarian so meat pack blood is controversial for me.(I don't drink or boil/drink it)

When I tried to see, I found I was able to drain people of energy, or feelings (happy/sad) but I do feed off (happy) energy, or 'pain' that people evoke (send out, so I'm not stealing/taking it) but I don't try to influence negative things.

I have fairly pronounced canine teeth compared to most people, but I kind chipped my right side (thinking about sharpening...but...I'm not a wannabe)

I have really good night vision, I enjoy the night more (its more fun then the day, dancing, parties, vandalising, people who are out are more interesting) and I seem to be more graceful during the night. But I have to be diaernal (spelling?) for several reasons.

I think that covers most of it. I don't burn in th sun, I never use sunscreen, and I'm usually pale compared to most white kids. But by no means am obviously-painfully pale, i do not shine, glow, or reflect. I don't consider myself a vampyre, I don't believe their are actual Vampires, and I respect those who are actually very serious about it, ie, sects, rights, and secrecy. I like the thought of being one, but I already said what I think.

Oddly, I don't know if this is related but I'll include it. I have no fear of death, and almost want to die (not suicide, like ,i dunno, stopping a highjacking and getting mortally wounded doing so, same for stopping a mugging etc)  

Dorian Requiem

Bleed On Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:47 pm
i love the taste of blood...
i also love being bitten on the neck.. it's kinda a fetish.
but i don't think i really need blood to live or anything but it sure does taste yummy smile scream  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff