Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy IX
anyone elses fave ff9? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

9 or 7?
9 is brilliant!!!
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
7 rocked!
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
I like them both...
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 46

Krell356

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:54 am
((Thread necromancy!))

FFIX is my favorite for many reasons, don't get me wrong, the others are good too, but FFIX wins because the storyline was absolutely perfect. It brought back the normal classes meaning that the characters weren't all interchangeable based on who had slightly better stats. (which I felt much better about compared to the every character can be built how you want them) One of my few complaints is that unlike FFVII you out of party characters didn't level up at a half rate. Which meant you would either have to waste hours upon hours just leveling, or pick your 3 favorites plus Zidane and stick with them.

Airship fleet of Lindblum for the win!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:58 pm
Agh, yeah, I vastly prefer it when your out-of-party characters level up too. Besides, it makes sense. Presumably they're not all just sitting on the sidelines while the four others fight; I always assumed they were bust with other monsters elsewhere. That was how it was implied in VII, anyway. Luckily, in IX, you almost always got to choose your party. The first half of VIII, though, you were screwed if you left anyone behind, because you had to split up and use everyone...

Aw, but the best non-usable ship is Alexandrian, the Red Rose...  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Krell356

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm
I still can't get the epic picture of hundreds of shield ships rising through the clouds to meet an oncoming rush of dragons out of my mind. Though I hope there is something as cool in FFXII, but I'm still fawning over war chocobos!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:04 pm
I found FFIX pretty good, though not as great as FFVII...

A pity I didn't play the first 6 versions first before IX, cause I think I'd enjoy it a lot more...

Battle system was easy to understand and more friendly than VIII's Junction system, and the storyline was quite nice. The characters are quite lively too!  

memphiskite

badben121

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:44 pm
i'd say that FF9 is my all time fave out of all of them. i like FF7 alot too.
FF9 had a gd storyline to it nice and straight 4ward but i found that FF7's storyline got a bit...hectic after a while.
But still both gd games! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:17 pm
IX was the first I played and then VII, but I spent the most time on IX so I gotta go with it. They both were good but IX got me started on the FF series.  

Dragonking_00

Final Fantasy IX

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces