Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Anime is not nerdy! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FireCat0

Sparkly Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:25 pm
I'm not sure on my opinion is on the state of nerdyness. I have a long list of bishonen, and I cosplay, so.... I'm just not sure... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:11 pm
Hi^^ It's nice to meet you all. I am an anime freak. I draw, I write, and I collect. I'm learning how to cosplay and own a real kimono.

Why do people think anime is nerdy anyway? It's just cartoons.

http://www.fanart-central.net/profile-ryuran123352.php
Here you can see some of my drawings... They need work But I've only been drawing for 2.5 years... and I taught myself. I've also been teaching myself Japanese since 4th grade, have lived anime since 1st grade... (it all started with dragonball and Sailor Moon)

I love roleplaying, especially shonen-ai, and Naruto. But I'll RP anything I know.

I have too many bishies to name.... Really.... I have the Wolf's Rain, and the Final Fantasy Unlimited, box sets....

*bows* it is nice to meet you all ^^  

ryuran123352

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:11 pm
For me, the reason I watch anime is because american TV with very few exceptions, is HORRIBLE! It has been ages since an american drama has given me the same shivers as Kino's Journey, since TV has made me sob like Chrono Crusade and many others, since I have laughed until I screamed at TV like I do at Full Metal Panic!? and FUMOFU and many others, since TV has been so multifacited that I can find something that makes me laugh, cry, and puts me in awe like anime can and does. Good TV writers here in america are few and very far between. In Japan, they are abundant. It's just unfortunate that only a few really good titles make it to American TV and some of those are butchered.
To be truthful, with very few exceptions, American TV disgusts me. I haven't liked it since home improvement was cancled though Raymond did catch my interest for a while... It's boring, it's one dimentional and more often than not, it's dirty.
American TV is not capable of giving me those chilling, thrilling amusing emotions that I love some much. And let's face it, American TV writers don't have the Crack they have in Japan. Katamari Deamashi, paranoia agent, Jungle Goo and many, many others could only come as a result of really, really good Crack. biggrin biggrin 3nodding
Yes I love anime, yes I love manga. Yes I have a kimono, yes the song 'turning japanese' applies a bit too much to me. I have even staffed at a convention (AWA) but I ask you, would I have it any other way? No. Certainly not. Like Kyo Kara Myo, American TV has been flushed down the toilet. Unfortunately it did not end up in a fanciful land. It takes Japanese Crack for that to happen. It just ended up dirty and stinky as do most things flushed down the toilet.
So don't hate us because we have joined the flood of people escaping from american programing. It's not our fault is sucks. All we want is better television. If you improve it, we will return.

Love the anime.
Escape Television

This has been a public service announcement by the we want Japanese Crack association. You know you want some.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:51 pm
I'm an anime fan. As somebody in Kishiwada, it's all I watch. Reality shows don't interest me. SHUFFLE!, Gravitation, Kannaduki No Miko, Mahoromatic, Ikki Tousen(which is DEFINITELY not for younger viewers, neither is Mahoromatic, but this is as close to hentai as you're ever going to get. Mahoromatic only has a view breast shots if you can handle it.) and Da Capo. I've seen those and alot more that i've loved. Things like The Slayers too.  

iTortoise

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:55 am
Many good points have been made, but really, it isnt nerdy, its just like any other show, i mean sure if youre completely obsessed, think theyre hot or somethin, then sure. But could that not be said about many other shows as well? Shows such as The OC and One Tree Hill that my friends watch, i refuse to watch most american or canadian tv, and hell i live in canada, it just doesnt have the same effect or appeal that anime does, i mean sure ill watch a few shows like House, and CSI, as well as CSI:Miami but otherwise, i dont know whats happened to american and canadian television.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:11 pm
I love watching anime but when i explain it to my freinds they all get wierd and think it's strange, I've asked why but they couldn't explain it so I have no idea why it's 'nerdy'. Does any1 else have an explanation of why it's called that? sad  

Dazzelbrush

Ke1tar0-kun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:27 pm
I heart anime^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:40 pm
It depends on how you look at it.

~ Ishmael, A series of Unfortunate Events ; THE END

p.s. No, seriously, I didnt put that for no reason!  

wylin

Lonegunman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:42 pm
Danno
What isn't nerdy about teenagers and adults watching what is essentially a cartoon? I'm not dissing anime or anything, I love anime, but still, the facts are looking pretty bad ninja

bump  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:14 am
User ImageI may be new to it, but Anime is NOT nerdy!!!!! Me and my freinds LOVE IT!!!!!! heart  

fallout_bitch

1,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Window Shopper 100

radioactive waste101

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:23 pm
Flareclaw The Insane
gonk gonk gonk its not!! scream

yeah it kinda is neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:17 pm
.... stare  

Kaizer Hiwatari

MokieMorty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Sure it is, in my opninion. whee So are cartoons. But, I don't see nerdy as a bad thing. Maybe that's why I take it so lightly.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:56 pm
If you jsut watch anime and sorta like it,your not that nerdy,but if you watch a specific anime over and over,talking about it all the time as such,than you are a nerdy otaku. As for me I only like Bo-bo-bo because its too weird,yet funny.  

Chaos_Ultimate

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:08 pm
Chaos_Ultimate
If you jsut watch anime and sorta like it,your not that nerdy,but if you watch a specific anime over and over,talking about it all the time as such,than you are a nerdy otaku. As for me I only like Bo-bo-bo because its too weird,yet funny.
Don't take my opinion too seriously, but I think that Bo-bo-bo is so ridiculous that I refuse to call it an anime.

I like romantic and action animes. I hate it when people only talk about one anime all the time. It gets so boring and irritating!

I used to be a major fangirl, but I think my fangirlism is wearing off. I'm also getting sick of my friends saying "He's so hot, He's mine," etc etc. I still love anime, and I admit, sometimes, I really wish that those guys were real because they're so perfect. But, I am getting sick of my immature fangirl friends. They should get crushes on "real" people for once.

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games