Patricia Briggs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:08 pm
So much worse. At least with, like, Ilona Andrews' books, the plot and the rest of the book make it so worth reading. Less so with Briggs' books, in my opinion. Although I have to say, I did really like her earlier stuff. It's just the Mercy series that got really tired and drama-filled.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:16 pm
The first Mercy book was good but after she got together with Adam it went downhill so fast. I liked her other series so much more. The were interesting and short so there wasn't really lots of room for extra drama.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 pm
Yes. And the drama with Mercy and Adam wasn't worth the plot.

I like shorter series anyway. Then I know they're going to wrap up (hopefully) satisfyingly. Whereas there are books like the Dresden Files that go on and on and on.... (Not that I'm complaining about that. But it's so many books now! I can't keep everything straight!)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:44 pm
I feel like each book in the Dresden series is helping build towards something, The Mercy/Alpha books are more like stand-alone adventures involving the same characters and people.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Mrs Dawn

Magical Girl

19,390 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:15 pm
Totally enjoy her Mercy Thompson series. heart I'm a big shipper of Mercy, and Adam.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff