Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are your Parents and friends okay with you being Gothic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they?
  No
  yes
  one not the other
View Results

Lady-Necrofear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:24 pm
Meh, all my friends are the same as me. Wear the same clothes at me and act the same way as me. We're all the same when you think about it, so they have absolutely no problem co-operating with the way I look. But when it comes to my mom...she doesn't really support it. She thinks it's just a phase...but this "phase" has been lasting fror two years. Heh. She's still in denial that her little girl ain't so little anymore. Anyways. Friends are good. Mom is bad. Get the picture?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:36 am
Friends - yes, of course.. Otherwise they wouldn't be very good friends, would they? But Parents - NO >< they hate me anyway so that doesn't really matter to me anyway. sweatdrop  

Vegetarian Pork

Alandiel_Darksbane

Friendly Genius

5,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:30 pm
HA!!! my parents like goth? that's a joke right, my parents won't even buy me so much as a black polo shirt anymore, I have to put all my own money into it, and it gets to be really expensive.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:56 pm
My mom finds most of my outfits cute, even though my dad thinks they're downright silly. He tolerates it very well in my opinion though. I'd say their only problem would be the way I hoard clothes that I hardly ever wear, and overuse the ones that I do.

As for friends, I hang with an odd crowd so its all fine. Actually, very few people bother me about the way I dress. Anyone who approaches me in a friendly or even curious manner usually gets a warm response. Others tend to be a bit cautious and let me be.  

BleachTheirEyes

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:08 pm
My parents hate goths and the gothic style. They've told me multiple times. They hate buying me things that are black. They won't allow wristbands. They won't allow skulls. They don't understand that gothic is what I am, and that it's not just a stage. I hope they'll accept me soon, because I hate them always looking down at me and the way I am.
As for my friends, they're gothic/emo/punk/whatever. They're really cool. Some of my friends are preppy, and that's cool. They can be what ever they want to be. I just wish my parents would say the same about me! neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:31 pm
I'm not goth(I love black, but seeing as right now I'm wearing light blue and blue jeans, and my clothing isnt' always punk, or goth, or preppy or anything else, and I dont really know too much about the subculture I tend to stay away from calling myself anything other than myself) but my parents wouldn't care if I was. All they care about is that I'm comfortable with who I am. My mom tries to make me wear stuff other than what I have, but that's mostly because I wear really really REALLY torn up clothes a lot because they're comfortable, so I can't really blame her...
And my brother dresses in a lot of "goth" clothing, but my parents don't care, because he likes the clothes.
So no, my parents don't care...  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

littlewonder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:26 pm
If I was a full stereotype goth, I can't help but think my mum'd be against it. She doesn't like that sort of thing. I don't completely think she'd accept me. But as long as she doesn't think I am (which is what's currently), she's fine. I'm not sure on dad's position, but seeing he's laid-back and pretty oppisite to mum, maybe he would.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:51 pm
I really don't like the word 'gothic' or at least in the way its used now-a-day, but no they don't have a problem with it. My mum likes it and a few of my friends dress like that. Besides, I dress in some other colors, I just so happen to have Tripp pants so everyone thinks I'm evil when I'm not, I'm actually one of the nicest people in the school (by my opinion).  

A Sleeping Darkness

Hawt_az_FCUK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:06 pm
me, i could care less about whether my parents accept me and/or care if am sort of dark inside. my style is very versatile so doesnt matter to me. (i dont like using the term gothic ...idk..i dont like using it)

my lil sis (not real sis known her all my life)is kinda the preppy blonde-y type (cept shes domincan...and german) and she doesnt care abut how i dress...we're like sisters so obviously we're gunna be total opposites just like my real big sis.

i just cant stand at times that she says the word "like"a little way too much.... (now its rubbing off on me unfortunately.... emo )

my lil sis's friend is one crazy chick to spend 80 bucks on a pair of jeans though...(gawd i could buy so much manga with that....or dance supplies)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:23 pm
My parents are cool with the fact that I'm goth, and two sets of my grandparents are. The other two not so much. One of them doesn't know, and the other set tried to convert me to Christianity and disowned my dad for brainwashing me to become a Satanist. scream
Most of my friends think it's neat that I'm goth.

iola nightmare

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:16 pm
You're nice to your friends neutral
I think Emo is trying to be something you're not. Or at least, most emos are poseurs

Anyways, my parents don't caree. The only problem either of them have is that my mum doesn't want me wearing 6 inch platforms I can't run in to go out to clubs.
Because, I might get kicked off on late at night sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:51 pm
I don't live at home, so I do whatever I like, to be honest, although my parents have never had a problem with me being Goth at all. And they (and myself) are Catholic. Almost all of my friends are queer, goth, punk, industrial, or alternative, so it doesn't bother anyone in my social scene either.  

Steampunked

Fire Panther

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:29 pm
my parents are fine with it...all my friends r etheir punk/goth/or want to be goth but there parents wont let them  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:59 pm
I accidently voted 'no' instead of 'yes'.

Anyway, yes, my family and friends couldn't give less of a damn about the way I dress.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:33 am
My friends are totally okay with me being goth. But my mom doesn't really seem to like that I'm goth. She buys me black clothes from stores but nothing from hot topic because she doesn't like the clothes there. And she gets mad when I wear makeup that shoukd be halloween and she says some really mean things that hurt my feelings. I think if my dad was still alive he would be okay with it. I think he would actually buy me clothes from hot topic when I went to the mall with him. My older brother makes fun of me for wearing white powder because I'm mexican and I have pretty dark skin.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff