School/Uni Mania!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scruffy012

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:37 am
DNA_Guru
Mmm, I need to consult Mel ona few Chemistry things, possibly Bio stuff too. No offence Sam. XD

ok...... i didnt know what you were on about... no offense taken  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:39 am
It's mainly for a few calculations and other stuff. I just didn't want to offend you due to the fact you are knowledgeable of Science also.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

scruffy012

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:52 am
DNA_Guru
It's mainly for a few calculations and other stuff. I just didn't want to offend you due to the fact you are knowledgeable of Science also.

yeah and mel kicks my a**..... i know that becasue i talk to her for help too xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:50 am
Yeah she helped me out with a thingy after my half-yearly this year. Really helpful. I need to kidnap her for my exams. ninja  

DNA_Guru
Captain

scruffy012

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:20 am
DNA_Guru
Yeah she helped me out with a thingy after my half-yearly this year. Really helpful. I need to kidnap her for my exams. ninja

lol, good luck with that... chris may have to tag along with her xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:22 am
Lessee a Bio Major and a Forensic Chem Major... Best combo for me to kidnap. XD

Bio = me sucketh. And I wnat to get better at Chem. ;_;  

DNA_Guru
Captain

scruffy012

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:26 pm
DNA_Guru
Lessee a Bio Major and a Forensic Chem Major... Best combo for me to kidnap. XD

Bio = me sucketh. And I wnat to get better at Chem. ;_;

i wouldnt worry about majors until you get there, becasue all 1st year is pre-resiquites, and like mosty things major - i screwed it up lol  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:43 pm
Anyone here do IB? Oh man. I'm so ruined.  

Escondite

scruffy012

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:22 pm
nope, and i dont even know what it is.... tell us.....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:59 am
IB... oh man... it stands for International Baccalaureate (which is extremely hard to spell while drunk.. not that I'm drunk at the moment), and it's basically a means of intellectual torture with very little reward.

In IB, we have to choose one subject from 6 definitive subject areas, ie. one maths, science, first language, second language, humanities, and arts (or an elective, if you don't want to do theatre or art). We also have to write a gigantic essay in one of our subject areas and do 150 hours of CAS - creativity, action, and service activities.

And probably the worst part is... our exams at the end of the year can be about anything from the two years of the IB course. So, we could be examined on a topic from first term year 11 if the examiners so wished. It makes it really hard, especially in maths and sciences.

Though one benefit is, the conversion of the IB score to the VCE score is pretty generous. You can get a mediocre IB score and still get a VCE score in the 90s. Kickass.

So that's IB. Are you glad you're not doing it? xd  

Escondite

scruffy012

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:12 pm
hehehe yeah indefinately, i screwed up my hsc last year, i got a UAI of 64.95 crying , but yeah i still got into griffith uni on the second round lol, good luck with it, and if you keep your head down and arse up, youll do fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:17 am
Well I guess I better post up my results as I did whine about it enough.

I ended up with a UAI of 80.8, not what I wanted but it doesn't absolutely suck. Here's the overall results for my HSC.

2U Ancient History - 89/100
2U Biology - 71/100
2U Chemistry - 69/100
2U English (Advanced) - 86/100
2U Mathematics - 44/100
1U History Extension - 30/50
2U Japanese Continuers - 76/100
1U Japanese Extension - 31/50  

DNA_Guru
Captain

JazZhands

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:02 pm
I'm about to begin year 11. oooh man I'm so nervous about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:25 pm
Meh...I'm going to be in my 2nd year of uni this year....have yet to enrol so don't know what subjects I'll be doing yet.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff