Submit

Do you?
  Buy
  Sell
  Both!
View Results

Oshousama_Raistlin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:37 pm
I very much agree with you about the botting and reasoning behind not allowing gaia items to be sold on ebay, prettyslavegirl. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:53 pm
thank you, i apreciate you taking the time to read what i wrote. agreement from you is high praise indeed.  

prettyslavegirl

starbubbles

Sparkly Millionaire

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:12 pm
great write up on ecomonics!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:26 pm
its been a while since i been on my comp. and i see things have changed a little.  

kyosuke01

prettyslavegirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:09 am
Quote:
Recently, the admins have had some concerns about people buying Gaia Gold and items with real currency. Unscrupulous gold sellers have been trying to get around our "no selling our buying items" rule by offering their time spent on Gaia for sale instead of selling actual items, or by offering auctions which say things like "buy this toy bunny... oh, and by the way, I'll throw in an expensive Gaia Online item, too!" The effect, however, is all the same: a Gaian gives them money, they give the Gaian gold in return, and then both people get banned.

Please remember that buying people's time on Gaia is just as much against the Terms of Service as buying actual items. It is against the rules because it's unfair: people with lots of money can pay people to surf the site and rack up gold, meaning that people with more real-life money can get more Gaia Gold from botters, which leads to inflation, which means that honest questers have to work much harder to get the items they want. It's morally wrong, and it's against the rules.

Don't be fooled by people who say they're just selling you their Gaia "time" so they can get items for you, or by people who are selling random things and throwing in "real" Gaia items as part of the deal. They are botters, scammers, and cheaters, and dealing with them will just result in a ban.

well thats what the admins say..... looks like i was right biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:17 am
i totally agree...!!! lol  

MikeHo

- Savage Potato -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:35 pm
Its awfully long gonk

But I read the last paragraph. It was good 4laugh

To sum up most part of it, it relates to inflation. Time goes on, and prices increase, inevitably. So thats why, stockpile a 100s of items when they're low and sell them when they're 3 times the price it used to be. oki? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:20 pm
this is one of the most awsome essays i've ever read! eek it just makes me glad i'm here to read and learn  

Roka Shell

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:18 pm
I've enjoyed reading this essay and all the commentary on it - it's wonderful to find a group of people who are as fascinated with the Gaian economic system as I am! No new comments from me at this point, but I look forward to joining the discussion!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:36 am
and your contribution will be welcomed with open ears and minds.
i do generally enjoy reding theses.
biggrin
write on!  

prettyslavegirl

Ryu`Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:33 pm
wiki bean
Indeed, I agree with everyone! You did a great job. But I believe Sargun Peaceheart is right too. Overpricing is seen very often in the marketplace.
I do like the essay and overpricing is used in Gaia, but sometimes, In Economics you'd have to understand that what she said about Markup is used in terms of pricing. They might work by a percentage of what they set and they follow it out in their marketplace. Also before I add on, i'm not trying to say that you don't have a point but sometimes; in business, people go by markup, discount and a base price-point to sell their items based on their price-points. Also they sometimes go by the terms of net worth the item is. If for example, an item is very popular, the price of that item goes up and that also gives potential sellers to put their hands on these items to sell at a markup price of whatever.

So, to put it in short terms, sellers look for popularity, and net worth of an item to up-sell it, or decrease the original price of an item.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:51 pm
Just another thought on "overpricing":

Overpricing means different things to different people. To buyers, it's a personal figure - it's any price over which they wouldn't pay for an item. For sellers, there's a more practical definition: it's the price over which NO ONE will pay, so their item doesn't sell.

As long as items sell, it doesn't matter what any one buyer thinks - according to the seller's definition, if the item sold, it wasn't overpriced. And as long as the items keep selling, the sellers won't be marking them down any to get them to move. They don't have to.  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

prettyslavegirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:54 pm
both good points.
*aplauds politley*.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:54 am
I agree, like rare treasures are only treasures if someone is willing to buy them.  

cinders4mysteria

1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces