Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
How many of your friends use good grammar online? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[~~Bakky~~]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:00 pm
normtheclone
My schools principal recently addressed the fact that many students had been talking the way most people do online and by text messaging.

I know people who talk like that. -.-' I was appalled when I heard a friend of a friend of mine, who had just seen something rather amusing, say, "Excuse me while I rofl." Then he proceeded to roll on the floor laughing....

I died a little inside.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:55 am
Most of them.  

Triste

Nicoli Hunt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:04 am
Ok...not all of my friends use good grammar. A couple of them dropped out of school and the rest of my friends dont really care about the grammar they use online.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:12 am
Rose the Homicidal Maniac
On AIM, my friends and I are really relaxed. We don't capatilize anything usually and we don't put periods at the end of our messages unless it contains more than one sentence, everything else is pretty much grammar-friendly.

Same here on MSN or IRC. We use good grammar, but we don't bother with capitalism, punctuation and such. And we occasionally use abbrevations.
I generally ask people politely not to use too much text talk when talking to them for the first time, and most of the time, they're very nice about it. If they continue, I usually give them one more 'warning' before deleting them off my list. (Of course I make exceptions with dyslexics though)
My friends pretty much all use good grammar. Many of my acquaintances don't.

ljosberinn

The One and Only Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Oh my goodness! Few of my friends use any good grammar, and it absolutele kills me! D:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:01 pm
My friends "txt tlk" like it's a contest! Only one of them supports good grammar. It's no wonder they are all failing English! About all of them are failing English class.  

Radio Chaos

Dry Clean Only

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:07 pm
All but one. I don't let him type on the computer at my house.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:51 pm
i'm the only one that uses great grammar. probably because i read alot. biggrin biggrin  

Starry Phoenix

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:05 pm
Starlight_Angel_18
I'm the only one that uses partly correct grammar, probably because I read often. biggrin biggrin

fixed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:05 pm
Hello,
Wow I'd say only a few of the people I know use good grammar on the internet. Some of them can't even make a descent sentence, then I can bearly read it.
So, how is everyone?

.Eclisped.

Kait Yslanaa

Dangerous Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:32 pm
Four out of...Well over fifty people actually bother with grammar. That's online. In real life the only people who bother with grammar are my friends in AP English and that's only about 3 there...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:01 pm
None of my friends do stare  

Skiing Panda`

Exiled_In_Silence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:37 pm
I only have one other friend that I talk to online that uses proper Grammar. Everybody else does the "TXT-TLK" which really annoys me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:14 am
Ha...haha...

You're joking, right?

Quote:
i dont think you should of done that

burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes  

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Harmonic_Soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Only one of my "real-life" friends actually bothers to use the shift key and such. The rest of them are total nightmares, and they think I am the odd one for talking in complete sentences when we are AIMing.

As for my "cyber-friends", I met most of them whilst roleplaying, so most of them use correct punctuation, grammar, and the like.

However, I am the only one that I know of that frequents and favorited Dictionary.com. *blushes*  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff