Many Paths to Gothdom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:13 pm
lurichan

So the question becomes what has lead each of us to tread the path we do? What roads lead us to this journey? Answer if you so desire.

Hmm... I'm honestly not sure. I can't really say that my upbringing has had much to do with who I am, since I kinda shaped my own upbringing. Unless, of course... maybe that has something to do with how I became who I am in and of itself. I dunno. *shrugs* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:59 pm
hmm..for me, i think its gotta be the music and the clothes, as well as teh poems and drawings..  

bloodyjoker31

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:11 pm
For me I was sucked into it by my ex friend, and she got way to out of it with the clothing and what not, but we both loved the same music, and then she dragged me into being what I guess seems goth, and after our friendship ended, I went my own path. I would say that I started becoming fasinated into darker things, I viewed life with more intent interest with the more darker things in life. I started to express my darker self in my art and drawings, and regardless of the clothing, the music still was a big factor with me, and I listen to more then just rock and metal by the way. But regardless of the outer look of what goth seems or is to society, I feel I just grew to have my own darker personality, that relates to goth culture, but I see it more as a personality.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:21 pm
Krystal_digitaliS
I'm really not sure if i AM goth. i do enjoy hard rock, death metal, heavy metal, but then i listen to country and western too. i even listen to POP, shock horror. i'm not the depressed and lonely type, actually i'm usually hyperactive and happy, but i do wear a lot of black, usualy with a bit of colour though, and i am mrried to my sneakes and a pair of five inch heels i own. I watch horror movies but i love a good comedy too. I like to sit in the sun? but does that make me a prep? or a goth? or a raver? or a normal everyday human being who just walks around wondering what her label is?

So you listen to absolutely no goth... Obviously you're not. :]

Honestly, some of you people are making me feel ashamed to be in this guild. Your pretty much bragging about being depressed and whatnot. And that most certainly doesn't equal goth.  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:04 am
I really don't think I could say much if anything about myself, life, upbringing, and reasoning that hasn't been said in different sections of previous posts.

I think what makes me 'goth' is that I fit into pretty much anyone and everyones label(s). I find that communication is difficult because words convey such a small portion of the meaning behind them, and I rarely speak, or speak very little. So with that, assume what you want.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:05 pm
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
Krystal_digitaliS
I'm really not sure if i AM goth. i do enjoy hard rock, death metal, heavy metal, but then i listen to country and western too. i even listen to POP, shock horror. i'm not the depressed and lonely type, actually i'm usually hyperactive and happy, but i do wear a lot of black, usualy with a bit of colour though, and i am mrried to my sneakes and a pair of five inch heels i own. I watch horror movies but i love a good comedy too. I like to sit in the sun? but does that make me a prep? or a goth? or a raver? or a normal everyday human being who just walks around wondering what her label is?

An attitude like that, if anything, is completely contrary to the essential nature of a "goth." I have never seen any serious definition of goth without "open-minded" being in it. And you are the exact opposite of that...

Honestly, some of you people are making me feel ashamed to be in this guild. Your pretty much bragging about being depressed and whatnot. And that most certainly doesn't equal goth.

This person openly admitted to not knowing what she was, and all you did was insult her. Maybe some of us are "making [you] feel ashamed to be in this guild."

Quite frankly, i am ashamed you are in this guild.  

zz1000zz
Crew

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:14 pm
It started out with music and moved on to fashion.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:50 am
When I was younger I wasnt really a goth...what let my inner goth out was art. I can express my gothness through art  

Sautana

canadianwolf16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:20 am
iv just always dressed in black. then started writtin dark poems.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:04 pm
Whether or not I'm truly what you would like to call goth would depend on your understanding of what it means to be goth.

When I was younger, elementary school young, I was always trying to be something I wasn't. Kids in elementary are cruel to anyone different and I would say I've always been different then most even when I was trying not to be. I still go picked on and teased for the way I viewed life and my opinions on things and even then my music tastes leaned more towards the rock genre then anything else. Then when I was in 6th grade my grandma died and she was one of my main inspirations to keep moving forward. She introduced me to some amazing literature and helped me along with my love for writing and reading. Once she died I finally stopped caring what other people thought of me and my ideas and stopped trying to be 'normal'. From then on it's just been a gradual progression through life and changes in myself. I've always had a love for music, I'm a singer myself. So of course it started with popular bands on the radio. It's not like one day was like "La dee da POOF ZOMG! I'm like so totally goth now!! And like i've totally been this way since forever and ZOMG! Korn is such goth music!". No, thats ridiculous, I got tired of all the main stream pop music and went in search of something more interesting. Where I happened to come across artists such as Dark Sanctuary, Faun, Artesia, Autumn's Grey Solace and so on. And then my style seemed to change along with that. My likes and dislikes became alot clearer to me and now here I am. A sophomore in high school and finally accepted for who she is rather then who she was trying to be.

dark and demented

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:45 pm
The music does it for me.
To me, it's a culture branched off of punk.
Of course the word "goth" has many other definitions, but I define myself as gothic by dress and music.
Attitude arguably has a part to play, like being either more refined or appreciating things some would consider odd or 'dark', but the music and scene in the culture is mainly it.
Also, I think it's a load of crap if you say "I've been goth as long as I can remember."
From what I believe people who say that are referring to a state of mind such as depression and think that's "goth".
Which is wrong.
Living on the 'darker' side of life doesn't mean actual depression.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:36 pm
Well I have gotten into it at a very early age because my parents listen to what was goth bands in the 80's even before I was born and since I was old enough to dress myself I started to wear black. I have never really called my self goth or anything I always thought I was normal. No one ever made a deal about it.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

DerZuhalter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:02 am
Honestly, my was a goth, dad was into heavy metal, all my good friends were goth or at least rockers so I just kinda feel into it I guess. Never really occurred to me when I was young to be something different and when it finally occurred to me and I tried to be something different I really really didn't like it. It is weird being a really nerdy goth kid that doesn't look goth at all. It makes it fun though when you express it around people at school for the first time then look at their faces, it is joyful.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:26 pm
zz1000zz
Krystal_digitaliS

An attitude like that, if anything, is completely contrary to the essential nature of a "goth." I have never seen any serious definition of goth without "open-minded" being in it. And you are the exact opposite of that...

This person openly admitted to not knowing what she was, and all you did was insult her. Maybe some of us are "making [you] feel ashamed to be in this guild."

Quite frankly, i am ashamed you are in this guild.

I apologize if I offended you, and I probably should not have been so frank. :S

Still, I have heard a definition of "goth" without the word "open-minded" in it. In fact, the correct definition! A fan of goth-rock...

I have nothing against you, or anybody, whether they listen to it or not, and I really don't care what you call yourself. I was, honestly, trying to help in the beginning. But I really am fed up with all these people going on about how depressed they are, and how that makes them goth.

Yes; there is a life-style, a subculture, a fashion... a frame of mind, even... built around goth. But that's all just extra. Goth = Music, and fans of that music.  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:08 am
I am no Goth or dark someone.And i never will be.I do like fantasy clothing, but i don't like skulls or daggers or anything that has to do with dead.I love life, and i think all of you do, even if you don't know it.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff