Ashie1002

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:31 pm
no but I do get sad at them  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:06 pm
I used to.
When I was younger, I cried
quite oftenly.

Over time, so many sorrowful things happened,
that now I can't cry anymore. My feelings are numb.
When someone I know dies, at first, it just leaves me in shock.
For the first 2 or 3 weeks. I become abnormally quiet, and alot
less open. And I don't even know what to feel. Usually, I can look
at my husband, and what hes feeling, I feel, but not when someone dies.

Eventually, after the first few weeks, I finally stop lying to myself.
I finally tell myself that the person is gone, and resting in peace. And that's when I really break down.

So in other words, death doesn't make me cry at first,
so i definately dont cry at funerals, but eventually, I just lose
it, and at that point I do cry.

inuyashas_lilgirl

Kaydienne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:13 am
I look at death from a diffrent approach than most and because of the way I see death, no I do not cry at funerals and Ive been to several.

The reason that death does not upset me is because no matter how long we try to delay it, no matter how healthy a person is we all eventually are going to die. Its a inescapable reality. Yes some people die before others because of poor health, poor mental stability, or simply a unforseen disaster.

So to me death is simply a transition between this life and the next and I do not see that as something to be sad about. In the case of one of my friends who had cancer I was actually releived when she died. Not because she died but because at least when she died she died peacefully and I did not have to endure the pain and sickness of the cancer that was slowly killing her.

I suppose i truely has to do with your perception on death.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:43 am
My grandpa was my favorite person in the world but I couldn't cry at his funeral. I don't know why. I think its because I felt like I had to be the strong one in the family or something along those lines.  

Where the 3 Rivers Meet

Bilbofagginss

Captain Divorcee

14,950 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:01 am
dont mean to be rude, but i hate it when your surrounded by people that are crying at a funeral. its one of my biggets pet peevs, and then they call you heartless because you wont cry. but then you get to thinking later on in the day, why didnt i cry? was it because i knew the person was saved and in a better place? or maybe it was because i knew that i didnt really care for them? but i never knew my answer, so when my grandfather died, i didnt cry and got yelled at by my 'rents for not crying around my grandmother. they all think that i have no heart, i hated the man, and that i didnt care to see my grandmother suffer because her husband was gone.

any oppinons to say to me?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:15 pm
Hellsing: if you hated your grandfather why were you at his funeral? or was it one of those times when you were forced to go despite your free will?

i dont know if i would cry at funerals, but out of the ones i have been to before i didnt cry, but what im trying to say is i wouldnt put it past me were one of my really close friends to die.  

grotesquekreeple

Oterys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:02 am
The last funeral I went to was my father's and I didn't cry because I saw it as a great release for him. I was happy for him. Happy tht he had finally escaped that shell that had encased him long after his spirit had ceased to live. The man I knew and loved had died a lifetime ago and his body was simply a prison keeping him here. My sister cried, but I was grateful that he no longer had to live. He wasn't that great of a person and perhaps that's why he was forced to live so long. But I've been to several funerals, they make me sad and I grieve for that person, but shedding tears is only one way of showing grief.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:52 am
I've never cried at a funeral, which makes it worst because I've been told by my relatives that I have no compassion.
Im starting to wonder if thats true or not.
sad  

Stygian Zero

Clash of Vision

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:08 am
I think death should be embraced for what it is. I like the cultures that celebrate death. When I die, I want an all-you-can-eat buffet for my funeral and a light, cheerful mood. Maybe some room over to the side for those who do wish to cry, but mostly I'd like a happy funeral.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:36 pm
I been to only one funeral. it was for my nanny, and yeah I cried, but that's because I didn't understand death or got the full grasp that it was a fact of life. That was probably the first and only time I'll ever cry at a funeral  

WeissVicious

Hrafnulfur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:09 pm
Shanna66
jus curious, i didnt cry at my mother's and i wonder if its because i love morbid humor, or something.
just a random thing for people to show off how "strong" they can be.
sorry, bad day in class today so please excuse my lacklusterness i usually have

Well its probaly because you like morbid humor... i dont know i dont cry at funerals death is just a natural part of life, happens everyday... some just a little more gruesome than others. Oh and no, i dont cry at funerals  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:12 am
Honestly, I've never been to a funeral.

No one has died in my family since I've been born.

Even if I was at a funeral I wouldn't cry.
Not because I'm trying to sound tough but because people should celebrate death.

The person has moved on and is in somewhere far better than being on earth.
You should be happy for them that they made it.
Their suffering is over.
And one day you will see them again, even it's ages before it happens.

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:29 am
This past Wednesday, a friend of mine from high school passed away.

So this weekend was spent at her viewings, funeral, and wake.

To make a long story short, we had a falling out somewhere along the line. By then end of high school we were more civil toward each other, but things weren't ever the same. We didn't keep in contact after high school either.

Basically, I didn't expect her death to affect me much. But I've come to learn over the years that, in my experience, death hits me the most when I'm really there to see their shell.

Her name was Monika. As soon as I saw her in the casket, I had to choke back tears. What was worse was the day of the funeral. There was the customary last pass over the casket before they closed it. After I said my goodbyes and hugged her mother and sister, I walked back toward my friend Jenn. Jenn and I don't cry over anything. She was sobbing. This caused me to shed more tears than what had been silently falling at the casket. I just held her. Then my other friends came back. Another of mine who never cries - Alex - was also crying hard. To see her in such a state just brought me to weep even more. We all just stood there holding each other and crying.

I do think a lot of it was just seeing my friends, who were so dear to me, crying like that. They all had known Monika longer than I. But for the most part, the reality of death never hits me until I really see the person for myself. I'm quite sure I wouldn't have cried over Monika's death had I not seen her. The pain of others feels more real to me when I'm there to experience it.

The same held true for when my grandmother died. When I heard she died I was sad, but when I saw her it was more of a reality.

I just felt like sharing that in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:47 pm
I've been to one funeral, and it was my granpa's and I bawled like a baby.

Elli go BOOM

Wheezing Saint

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100

xXYunaRiverXx

Interesting Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:11 am
lol guys. I'm strange: I like sad deppressing things, but I do cry at funerals. I guess I'm just a person with many qualities and views.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff