Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
First Line Of Your Favorite Book? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mangagirl14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 am
Grace had a brain injury. That's just how she was.-
from Finding Grace by Alyssa Brugman  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:57 am
here is a true fantasy classic!

Halfway through the story of my life I came to in a gloomy wood, because I'd wandered off the path, away from the light.

Inferno, by Dante Alighieri
"Nel mezzo del camin del nostra vita."  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

FlixiePixie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:42 am
"When I was seventeen, my life changed forever." - A Walk to Remember, Nicholas Sparks

"Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy." - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:05 am
"Run, Maric!" And run he did.
His mother's dying words whipped him into action. The image of her grisly murder still burning in his mind, Maric reeled and plunged into the trees at the edge of the clearing. Ignoring the clawing branches that scraped at his face and clung to his cloak, he blindly forced his way into the foliage.
((Well I just went added the first few lines to the book, my bad >.<))
The Stolen Throne by David Gaider, serves as a prequal to Dragon Age: Origins, a new RPG coming out this October 20 from Bioware, the next book comes out this September The Calling.

"We should start back," Gared urged as the woods began to grow dark around them. "The wildlings are dead."
A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin, the first book in A Song Of Fire And Ice series.

Syumerrt

Altair Kingsfeather

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:51 pm
Some of mine were already posted >.< I'll just make do with these....

"Some things start before other things." ~ The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett

"It was a nice day.
All the days had been nice. There had been rather more than seven of them so far, and rain hadn't been invented yet. But clouds massing east of Eden suggested the first thunderstorm was in its way, and it was going to be a big one.
The angel of the Eastern Gate put his wings over his head to shield himself from the first drops.
'I'm sorry,' he said politely. 'What was it you were saying?'
'I said, that one went down like a lead balloon,' said the serpent." ~ Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (sorry it's so long, but it's so good)

"She is not any common earth/ Water or wood or air/ But Merlin's Isle of Gramarye/ Where you and I will fare." ~ The Once and Future King by T. H. White  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff