Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
FILLERS ARE COMING TO AN END (NEW THEORY) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FILLERS?
  POLL.
View Results

~Kira Hime~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:45 am
Shikalee
~Kira Hime~
Hmmm, I know how long it takes to do manga, My friend does her own ((Not a popular one, just for hher and friends) and it takes her about 3 weeks to get it all ready and nice looking.
Shoulda thought about that...
And they do it in a week because there are more then two people working on it.
Depends. Is she experienced? With experience comes speed.

Kishimoto still does all the art. The editors and stuff are more than two people, yeah, but the manga still is drawn by him. The editing really is the easy part.

Not as experienced as she'd like to be, but yea....
That seems like alot of work for one person espically when that person is drawing something so in demand.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:39 pm
~Kira Hime~
Shikalee
~Kira Hime~
Hmmm, I know how long it takes to do manga, My friend does her own ((Not a popular one, just for hher and friends) and it takes her about 3 weeks to get it all ready and nice looking.

Kishimoto still does all the art. The editors and stuff are more than two people, yeah, but the manga still is drawn by him. The editing really is the easy part.

That seems like alot of work for one person espically when that person is drawing something so in demand.
He does all the character art. The backgrounds and inking are done by other people.  

Captain Verd

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:57 pm
And there ya go blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:04 pm
~Kira Hime~
Shikalee
~Kira Hime~

I wish her luck. 4laugh

Yeah. I've done drawings. Chapter 1 page of my doujinshi took a total of 3 hours. I drew a picture of Asuma sitting by a shogi board and that took about an hour and 20 minutes. Pencil and inking. Nothing else. gonk

@ Verd: Wait, you're kidding, right? gonk I thought he did the drawing and inking himself-- Where'd you hear this? I'm heartbroken. crying I thought he was legit!  

Syndactyly

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:08 pm
I thought Kishimoto just kinda did quick sketches and that his workers just kinda... pefected it or something. But I don't know much on the matter sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:12 pm
Shikalee
@ Verd: Wait, you're kidding, right? gonk I thought he did the drawing and inking himself-- Where'd you hear this? I'm heartbroken. crying I thought he was legit!

The notes he makes on working in the graphic novels. They do most of the putting together and s**t on computer. Who says that's not legit?  

Captain Verd

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:13 pm
blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:24 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

The notes he makes on working in the graphic novels. They do most of the putting together and s**t on computer. Who says that's not legit?
NO NO NO. That's ALWAYS been a rumor, and it's false.

I found evidence to prove contrary to that. For the longest time I thought that too. But I've seen video of him draw. He does all the covers by hand. This really suggests he has the capability to do the manga by hand.

He does the storyboarding on the computer. It's ingenious, actually. I have to do it the old-fashioned way on paper.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:32 pm
Shikalee

I found evidence to prove contrary to that. For the longest time I thought that too. But I've seen video of him draw. He does all the covers by hand. This really suggests he has the capability to do the manga by hand.

He does the storyboarding on the computer. It's ingenious, actually. I have to do it the old-fashioned way on paper.

I can scan the page if you want me to, where he explains what the other artists who work on the comic do. The guy who inks, the guy who does "wonders with plant life".  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:46 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

I can scan the page if you want me to, where he explains what the other artists who work on the comic do. The guy who inks, the guy who does "wonders with plant life".
gonk  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:51 pm
Why does it piss you off? It's more efficient that way, and it's not like he can't do it on his own.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:43 pm
Captain Verd
Why does it piss you off? It's more efficient that way, and it's not like he can't do it on his own.
Well, I won't say pissed. More depressed and mortified. He was my idol because I thought he did all that.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:08 pm
Most artists take shortcuts. Alot of painters take pictures of what they're painting, blow it up, and essentially trace it and paint it. It's not that they can't do it the old fashioned way, or they're any less of an artist, it's just more efficient. If Kishimoto or any other artist was getting paid by how fast they could finish a project, it only makes sense to take shortcuts.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 pm
I learned something new today... THAT! razz  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:24 pm
Captain Verd
Most artists take shortcuts. Alot of painters take pictures of what they're painting, blow it up, and essentially trace it and paint it. It's not that they can't do it the old fashioned way, or they're any less of an artist, it's just more efficient. If Kishimoto or any other artist was getting paid by how fast they could finish a project, it only makes sense to take shortcuts.
Tell me something I don't know. I'm still disappointed. sad  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces