Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think they should kill off the two main characters
  NO!
  YES!
View Results

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:04 pm
eek I'm slightly disturbed at how people could confuse a skin disease with AIDS. The symptoms are very different. From what I've learned, AIDS doesn't show itself in any physical way. People who've had full blown AIDS for a long time can and will contract other serious illness (because of the weakened state of the immune system) that have visable side effects. The disease itself can go undeted for quite some time because there are no visable side effects. As someone else mentioned, AIDS didn't come around until the 20th century. There are a few interesting conspiracy theories about the origin of AIDS...

Anyways, Kenshin could have also had Tuberculosis on top of it.

I'm pretty sure that the producers were like "umm.. make him cough and crap and.. put some leperosy looking stuff on him too.." : Curse them. Reflection was such a horrible OVA... gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:22 am
AIDS was spread my monkeys domokun i think.....  

The Atheistic Messiah

Sugoi Shoujo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 pm
i didn't even think of how AIDS started until the 20th century... it totally just slipped my mind. but when i did think it was AIDS that Kenshin had, i only figured that because of his Battousai past... i mean, AIDS is spread through the mixing of bodily fluids, isn't it? (that and the whole... used needles deal...) but i figured

Hey... Kenshin was all SWORDSMAN!

and... Swordsman + other skilled swordsmen = slicing and dicing and such

which also = bloody swords which THEN = already bloody and contaminated swords cutting Kenshin, which FINALLY = Random NPC samurai blood mixed in random Kenshin cuts/scars/blood and the lot.

i figured it was a decent guess. but then again, the whole 20th century thing totally slipped my mind. and i dunno. lepracy seems like a more... believable illness, but i'm not sure i'm totally convinced it was that disease that he had either. neutral

i mean... i know he had all the blotches on his skin and stuff, but it's not like his arms were falling off or anything... and it seemed like he was in a very advanced stage of the disease, which i would also think would include.. limbs ... falling off... if that's what lepracy is.. which i'm pretty sure it is... but then again, i was wrong about the whole AIDS diagnosis too.. so... who knows! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:09 am
Sugoi Shoujo
i didn't even think of how AIDS started until the 20th century... it totally just slipped my mind. but when i did think it was AIDS that Kenshin had, i only figured that because of his Battousai past... i mean, AIDS is spread through the mixing of bodily fluids, isn't it? (that and the whole... used needles deal...) but i figured

Hey... Kenshin was all SWORDSMAN!

and... Swordsman + other skilled swordsmen = slicing and dicing and such

which also = bloody swords which THEN = already bloody and contaminated swords cutting Kenshin, which FINALLY = Random NPC samurai blood mixed in random Kenshin cuts/scars/blood and the lot.

i figured it was a decent guess. but then again, the whole 20th century thing totally slipped my mind. and i dunno. lepracy seems like a more... believable illness, but i'm not sure i'm totally convinced it was that disease that he had either. neutral

i mean... i know he had all the blotches on his skin and stuff, but it's not like his arms were falling off or anything... and it seemed like he was in a very advanced stage of the disease, which i would also think would include.. limbs ... falling off... if that's what lepracy is.. which i'm pretty sure it is... but then again, i was wrong about the whole AIDS diagnosis too.. so... who knows! xd

LOL. It's ok. ^.^ I think it's just the skin that falls off when a person has leperosy, not the actual limbs... however... that does create an amusing mental image... *random person walks around... arm falls off eek ...continues walking... leg falls off.. eek exclaim * lol....  

SilentNinjaFox

miken-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:44 am
Well, I'm pretty sure that in Seisouhen, Kenshin and Kaoru had Leprautamus Leprosy...I remember doing a report on the desease in Science...and unless there's some other disease with very similar symptoms, then you'll have to tell me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:49 pm
it does kind of look like lepersy but wouldnt some of there body parts fall off?  

The Atheistic Messiah

miken-chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:04 pm
Um...I don't think that's a common condition from Leprosy. Though skin lesions ans scars are a definite. Though one thing that bothers me, it that most "Leppers" are shunned by society.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:30 pm
SilentNinjaFox
eek I'm slightly disturbed at how people could confuse a skin disease with AIDS. The symptoms are very different. From what I've learned, AIDS doesn't show itself in any physical way. People who've had full blown AIDS for a long time can and will contract other serious illness (because of the weakened state of the immune system) that have visable side effects. The disease itself can go undeted for quite some time because there are no visable side effects. As someone else mentioned, AIDS didn't come around until the 20th century. There are a few interesting conspiracy theories about the origin of AIDS...

Anyways, Kenshin could have also had Tuberculosis on top of it.

I'm pretty sure that the producers were like "umm.. make him cough and crap and.. put some leperosy looking stuff on him too.." : Curse them. Reflection was such a horrible OVA... gonk

That's what I heard he had.
I don't think AIDS existed or was very common back then either.
It can be anything else but I do not think it was AIDS

BunnyCupCakes

Athrun 789

Greedy Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:25 pm
no no kenshin cant die nono  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:26 pm
no die  

Athrun 789

Greedy Raider

sabre_sword

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:28 pm
I never got around to watching any farther than the Jin-e episode. But hearing that he dies at the end really irks me. It's not right.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm
miken-chan
Um...I don't think that's a common condition from Leprosy. Though skin lesions ans scars are a definite. Though one thing that bothers me, it that most "Leppers" are shunned by society.

heh heh....*arm falls off* xd  

Fide et Amore

Athrun 789

Greedy Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:46 pm
ken ken no die  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:38 am
kenshin don't die.  

file reports

4,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200