Worst portrayed team 7 character
  Kakashi
  Naruto
  Sasuke
  Sakura
View Results

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:15 am
I just can't see Itachi raping anyone. I mean really? He's Itachi. He does nothing but be evil and mean. And while rape is both evil and mean, it's a different kind of creepy lusty thing you'd expect of Orochimaru.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:22 am
Captain Verd
I just can't see Itachi raping anyone. I mean really? He's Itachi. He does nothing but be evil and mean. And while rape is both evil and mean, it's a different kind of creepy lusty thing you'd expect of Orochimaru.
Seriously. But he is a crazy dude, and COULD snap any moment.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:19 pm
Captain Verd

Ergh... rape isn't about lust. It's about power.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Shikalee
@ mofo: Itachi COULD be gay. Shikamaru isn't. So they wouldn't be having hawt sexing if they were IN character.

Kthx. >_>;

Bwuh? How do you get that Itachi could be gay, but Shikamaru couldn't? Unless you're somehow in contact with Kishimoto who lets you know these things, I don't think there's anybody who can say with absolute authority that such-and-such a character is or isn't gay. Unless they're married with 2.4 kids or something.  

mofoslotmachine

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:24 pm
...How is having sex not about lust? I mean yeah power ladeeda and all that, but it's weenie boobie. I thought sexy time was about lust.

I don't think Itachi could be gay myself, but it's all about what happens in the show. Someone who's reeeeally keen on getting laid by women only (Jiraiya) is not likely to be a huge flaming homo, so it surprises me whenever I see him actually in character and banging a dude.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:24 pm
mofoslotmachine
Captain Verd

Ergh... rape isn't about lust. It's about power.

Yeah! Power! And I can see Itachi raping...I just read a lot of fanfiction I guess. sweatdrop  

zeldabcc

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:32 pm
Captain Verd
...How is having sex not about lust? I mean yeah power ladeeda and all that, but it's weenie boobie. I thought sexy time was about lust.

I don't think Itachi could be gay myself, but it's all about what happens in the show. Someone who's reeeeally keen on getting laid by women only (Jiraiya) is not likely to be a huge flaming homo, so it surprises me whenever I see him actually in character and banging a dude.

Because it's not like two people in lust having sex. A lustful person isn't going to go out and rape someone because they're horny (most people never feel any desire to rape anyone, no matter what their sex drive), but a person with power issues might well because overpowering and humiliating someone is more up their street.

I'm not a fan of Jiraiya yaoi myself because it takes a lot of work to make it believable, and I've never seen it done well. Jiraiya is all about the boobs, man. But with the main cast I can see it more, since they're teenagers and a lot of teenagers have trouble with and confusion about their sexuality, so I can see some of them being attracted to someone of the same sex. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:38 pm
Lust is an usually intense or unbridled sexual desire. I'm not saying it isn't about power, I'm just saying I think there's some amount of lust to it. Then again, I'm not a rapist, so I really wouldn't know.

I'm also more prone to the non-gayness of Naruto because it's a boys manga, and if there are any gay people wandering around, they'd be a healthy group of like, two or something.  

Captain Verd

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:59 pm
Captain Verd
Lust is an usually intense or unbridled sexual desire. I'm not saying it isn't about power, I'm just saying I think there's some amount of lust to it. Then again, I'm not a rapist, so I really wouldn't know.

I'm also more prone to the non-gayness of Naruto because it's a boys manga, and if there are any gay people wandering around, they'd be a healthy group of like, two or something.

It really depends on who you ask, because there have been all kinds of studies and such and nobody is still 100% sure of the cause of rape. Since rapists don't really admit to being rapists or talk about why they did it, it's difficult to say for sure what motivates it.

I don't think anyone expects them all to start getting into gay relationships in canon. xd Most slash fans just play around in fandom and take what they can get with subtext, without actually expecting canon gay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:06 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
@ mofo: Itachi COULD be gay. Shikamaru isn't. So they wouldn't be having hawt sexing if they were IN character.

Kthx. >_>;

Bwuh? How do you get that Itachi could be gay, but Shikamaru couldn't? Unless you're somehow in contact with Kishimoto who lets you know these things, I don't think there's anybody who can say with absolute authority that such-and-such a character is or isn't gay. Unless they're married with 2.4 kids or something.
We don't know what Itachi wants. We don't know what Shikamaru wants but his "ANTI GIRL" brigade shows that he was actually shy around them. That indicates he's straight. At least he was when he was 12. Now there's not way of telling.

We can say who isn't gay. Sure we can. But we can't really tell who is. That's why I made sure I said "COULD" in nice big letters for you, but you missed that.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:37 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Kthx. >_>;

We don't know what Itachi wants. We don't know what Shikamaru wants but his "ANTI GIRL" brigade shows that he was actually shy around them. That indicates he's straight. At least he was when he was 12. Now there's not way of telling.

We can say who isn't gay. Sure we can. But we can't really tell who is. That's why I made sure I said "COULD" in nice big letters for you, but you missed that.

I didn't miss it at all, and I even quoted it back at you. But you said that with regards to Itachi (who I personally think is asexual, but I fully admit that that's my interpretation and nobody else has to agree with me at all), not Shikamaru, who you said "isn't".

I find it difficult to say that anyone ISN'T gay unless they have definite het feelings, and very few characters in Naruto have. I don't really care if you (general you) see every character in Naruto as straight, but proclaiming it as fact is just a pet peeve of mine because last I checked, the sexualities of the characters wasn't important enough to be verified. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:46 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Kthx. >_>;

I didn't miss it at all, and I even quoted it back at you. But you said that with regards to Itachi (who I personally think is asexual, but I fully admit that that's my interpretation and nobody else has to agree with me at all), not Shikamaru, who you said "isn't".

I find it difficult to say that anyone ISN'T gay unless they have definite het feelings, and very few characters in Naruto have. I don't really care if you (general you) see every character in Naruto as straight, but proclaiming it as fact is just a pet peeve of mine because last I checked, the sexualities of the characters wasn't important enough to be verified. smile
Itachi IS asexual at the moment. But he's a crazy dude. He could snap any second and start wanting men. Crazy people aren't so easy to predict.

So you want Shikamaru to be gay? I figured you had wild fantasies about him. confused

No, really. If that's not the problem, then why are you on my case? It was my opinion. I believe he is straight. It even says in the character book that he is "Close Friends" with Chouji. It didn't show any other arrows pointing to him or anything. And it didn't say, "Suki" which means "in love with."

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous. Overall, the genin are known as straight. Shikamaru's chances of being gay are pretty damn low. He has his weird stuff that seems sort of metro about him in our eye. In Japanese culture, he does not seem gay at all. It is our interpretation of the fishnets and ponytail. I could see your complaint might make sense if I said Sasuke was gay because he refused so many girls or if I said Kakashi was gay because he didn't ask the ramen girl out, but saying Shikamaru is straight is not unreasonable, and according to Kishimoto, it's a fact. I'm not saying he won't be gay tomorrow. But according to the data books and what he's done/said, he is clearly straight.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:48 pm
When information is NOT given we have the RIGHT to assume the most LOGICAL answer. When information IS not given, that is fact. The fact is, Shikamaru got mooshy in Temari's presence. The fact is, Shikamaru is uneasy around girls. The fact is, Shikamaru has no sexual interest towards Chouji. The fact IS, Shikamaru is straight. Just like Naruto and Lee and Asuma are straight.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:54 pm
Shikalee
Itachi IS asexual at the moment. But he's a crazy dude. He could snap any second and start wanting men. Crazy people aren't so easy to predict.

So you want Shikamaru to be gay? I figured you had wild fantasies about him. confused

No, really. If that's not the problem, then why are you on my case? It was my opinion. I believe he is straight. It even says in the character book that he is "Close Friends" with Chouji. It didn't show any other arrows pointing to him or anything. And it didn't say, "Suki" which means "in love with."

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous. Overall, the genin are known as straight. Shikamaru's chances of being gay are pretty damn low. He has his weird stuff that seems sort of metro about him in our eye. In Japanese culture, he does not seem gay at all. It is our interpretation of the fishnets and ponytail. I could see your complaint might make sense if I said Sasuke was gay because he refused so many girls or if I said Kakashi was gay because he didn't ask the ramen girl out, but saying Shikamaru is straight is not unreasonable, and according to Kishimoto, it's a fact. I'm not saying he won't be gay tomorrow. But according to the data books and what he's done/said, he is clearly straight.

Wow. Thanks for proving my point by stating your opinions as facts over and over again.

No, I don't think Shikamaru is canonly gay. You're missing my point. Besides which, I don't stereotype people with ponytails/fishnet/etc. as gay. If I wanted to stereotype someone as gay it'd be Sai, like the rest of the Naruto fandom, but I happen to like shipping him with Ino. wink So no. I don't think that Gai being emotional makes him gay, or Shikamaru wearing fishnet makes him gay, or Sai making p***s remarks makes him gay... because I know plenty of straight men like that, and plenty of gay men not like that.

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous.

Thank you for being so sweet. smile Now I'm going to go masturbate to a picture of Shikamaru and then score him on a personality test because I'm just like him and I fantasise about doing him with a strap-on. I even tested with a genius IQ, and I'm lazy! Pretty sweet, huh?  

mofoslotmachine

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:56 pm
Shikalee
When information IS not given, that is fact.

That's ridiculous. So it's fact that Lee is a jinchuuriki since that information has never been given? And on that same token, it's a fact that Tenten is a lesbian since we've been given no information otherwise?  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff