Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Where the 3 Rivers Meet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:23 am
I love to read. I know a lot of people who just watch a movie and don't read the book when they have to do a book report. Our teacher got smart and started picking books that had no movie remakes. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 pm
I go to the bookstore almost every week. Always looking for something new to read. I tend to read 2 books or so every week at least, and if I am out of new stuff, I usually go back and pick up something I haven't read in a while.

And if that fails, I send my ninja to find ancient texts for me to read.... ninja  

ShallowGraves

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:09 pm
I LOVE reading The HitchHiker's guide to the galaxy! ^___^;;

I also used to play the violin, but now I play the keyboard in my spare time. ^___^;;

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:11 pm
belicia_lozano
I love to read. I know a lot of people who just watch a movie and don't read the book when they have to do a book report. Our teacher got smart and started picking books that had no movie remakes. xd

rofl

clevah!

xD

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:11 pm
NikiPaprika
belicia_lozano

rofl

clevah!

xD

I had a college professor who actually picked almost all books that had movies, and just seemed to like to fill up class time with watching the movie versions of the books she picked out for us to read.... Keep in mind The Wizard of Oz is very drastically different from the movie, and it was a lit. class not a film and lit. class, and I started to get pissed off at her for not spending more time covering the material. -_-* Lazy teacher. ~_~  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:40 pm
lurichan
NikiPaprika
belicia_lozano

rofl

clevah!

xD

I had a college professor who actually picked almost all books that had movies, and just seemed to like to fill up class time with watching the movie versions of the books she picked out for us to read.... Keep in mind The Wizard of Oz is very drastically different from the movie, and it was a lit. class not a film and lit. class, and I started to get pissed off at her for not spending more time covering the material. -_-* Lazy teacher. ~_~

Wow, that would annoy me. I probably would have stopped attending that class and either failed it or dropped it...if I remembered to drop it in time. If I am taking an english lit class, I want to be reading the stuff and having discussions about it, not watching the movie that is based on the book razz  

ShallowGraves

Librra

High-functioning Spook

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:04 pm
I myself do enjoy reading as long as the book interests me. I haven’t read any books lately, mostly because I, myself enjoy drawing far more than reading 3nodding . I have 2-3 years of Clarinet, 1 year of Flute, I know how to play the piano, drums and bass (guitar) a little. I am currently learning how to play the violin as well.

I how ever do hate school and I don’t do very well in it. It's not that I'm not 'intelligent' I just don’t do well in/with school. I’m more of the every day knowledge type of person I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:49 am
Lately I've been reading stories out of my Edgar Allan Poe book that I bought at a trinket sale thing that one of the Sisters at my school had (I go to a Catholic school). The book contains his complete works, so I'm perfectly satisfied biggrin  

shadowcat715

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:35 pm
im an uber bookworm. i nearly killed my gf because she lost my copy of the rise and fall of the third reich  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:37 pm
lurichan

I hate lazy teachers like that, although I had a highschool teacher I'm sure my classmates wished were like that. I aced MacBeth but alot of them didnt since they didnt read the book, just watched the movie which they couldnt understand at all.  

Oterys

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:53 pm
I still love to read. I wish I had more time for it, though! Since I do so much stuff, reading (along with drawing (until I started bringing a sketchbook with me to school, anyway) and writing) has kind of fallen by the wayside. Still, I read when I can...

I'm currently reading through the Dresden Files, and I've got to say, they're amazing! I'm also reading Middlesex and The Last Cato. I'll get through them all eventually, time or not.

My favourite kind of book, though, is the psychology book. I find *nothing* more interesting than them! Let me into a bookstore and I check the psychology section first.

As for instruments, I play the wooden double flute and sing. For the wooden double flute I kind of have to write my own songs, as I've never found sheet music for it. Still, improv is fun. I enjoy just making it up as I go.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:59 pm
i read. but only in school so i don't have to pay attnenchan to the class. it's not like thell take it away and yell at me for reading. and i don't know any goths. every body in my school are all wannabeis. hell even me i am not a real goth. but there are only like 5 people in my whole school that even dress it. and i don't realy have the attention spane to play an instrument. hey a squirle. come here squirly. *jumps out window and chases squirl up a tree.* now what was i doing? oh well i'll just go play video games.  

xAmour_Mortelx

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:01 pm
I love to read books. Mostly horror and mystery though. I love reading anime too. If a book is interesting to me, then I'll keep reading until I'm done with it. I'm reading a really good horror book right now. I also steal wicca books from the bookstore Barnes N' Noble.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:06 pm
Reading is a passion I shall love to the very end. People say I could be a good poet, or a writer, or something along the lines of that. I don't believe so, but whatever. I love to read, and always will. -insert black heart-  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

ChiRubian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:16 pm
I just started reading again 3nodding . I finished one called The Book Theif by Marcus Zusak...it made me cry.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff