55%  [ 5 ]
Gold!
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:10 pm
Have you read Benedict Jacka's books? There's 4 right now Fated, Cursed, Taken, and Chosen. They're in the same world as Dresden but in London. Dresden is referenced in the book. The main character, Alex Verus, mentions that there's a mage in Chicago who advertises under the category "wizard" but thinks it's just an urban legend.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 pm
That's fascinating. I hadn't heard of them. Could be interesting. Maybe I'll look into them.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:12 pm
Skin Game comes out in 2014. Did you know some on the graphic novels are new stories? I though they were all remakes.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 pm
So farrrrrrrrr!

I think I saw that at least one was a new story. But I was pretty uninterested in reading it anyway. I'm kind of ambivalent about graphic novels.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:56 am
May 27 is the release date for Skin Game. The plot:

Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, is about to have a very bad day…

Because as Winter Knight to the Queen of Air and Darkness, Harry never knows what the scheming Mab might want him to do. Usually, it’s something awful.

He doesn’t know the half of it…

Mab has just traded Harry’s skills to pay off one of her debts. And now he must help a group of supernatural villains—led by one of Harry’s most dreaded and despised enemies, Nicodemus Archleone—to break into the highest-security vault in town, so that they can then access the highest-security vault in the Nevernever.

It's a smash and grab job to recover the literal Holy Grail from the vaults of the greatest treasure hoard in the supernatural world—which belongs to the one and only Hades, Lord of the freaking Underworld and generally unpleasant character. Worse, Dresden suspects that there is another game afoot that no one is talking about. And he's dead certain that Nicodemus has no intention of allowing any of his crew to survive the experience. Especially Harry.

Dresden's always been tricky, but he's going to have to up his backstabbing game to survive this mess—assuming his own allies don’t end up killing him before his enemies get the chance…  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Is it bad that I don't even care that it's got a release date...?

I can't remember a lot of why I like the series. Time to re-read it...  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm
Really? This is one of the few series I actually get excited about release dates for. I've gotten burned out on so many other series, I actually go days without reading now which so weird. On the other hand, now I have a lot more "free time".  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:43 pm
I dunno. I just feel kind of ambivalent about it. Maybe because it feels like it's been such a long time since I read the last one and I've read so many disappointing books in the meantime. Also I barely remember the beginning books. Definitely time to re-read them. I just... don't have most of them with me.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:52 pm
A lot has happened since book 1. I do wish he'd put a little summary thing at the beginning like they do with TV shows: "Previously on the Dresden Files..." xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:47 pm
I know, right? He brings up some of it during the books, but then I'm more like, "Wait... I kind of remember that. Maybe." <.<  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:59 pm
I started re-reading the books and I'm most of the way through Fool Moon, and oh man. I forgot how much I love these books. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm
I found another series, The Iron Druid, which really reminds me of the Dresden Files. It's got the same "feel" to it so the books are really fun to read (not that I needed more in the To Read stack rolleyes ).  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:25 pm
I read the first three or something of that series, but I wasn't wild about the ending to the third one so I'm on the fence about continuing. It definitely has the same kind of feel to it, though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:25 pm
New one is coming out so soon! I'm most of the way through Dead Beat again... I need to step it up so I finish all of them before the next one comes out...  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:07 pm
I can't wait!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers