Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
You Know You Read Too Much Twilight When... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:13 pm
@twighlight311: You're going to Volterra?! Bring back lots of pictures of the place (and possible Volturi members) please ♥

@complex_ity_: I actually wanted to buy one of the Pokemon games recently...I just got all nostalgic and thought, "Those games were actually pretty fun..." Besides, my gameboy's getting lonely; I haven't played with it in forever.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:55 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
@complex_ity_: I actually wanted to buy one of the Pokemon games recently...I just got all nostalgic and thought, "Those games were actually pretty fun..." Besides, my gameboy's getting lonely; I haven't played with it in forever.

Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen (remastered versions of the originals) are $24.63 at Superstore.

During this Marketing assignment (we had to bring in a whole bunch of stuff to barter) I traded 2 bags of chips for a Pokemon Ruby (I totally ripped that other guy off! xd ). Today I went into an EB Games, and found a used Pokemon Ruby selling for $40! eek I could make a lot of money off mine, but I'll probably cling to it.  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

TourmaLime

High-functioning Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:03 pm
how about every time you have a paper, project, art work due at school, it is completely Twilight or New Moon related!
You stay up until 3 or 4 (am) trying to find anything, that you haven’t already seen, on the books on every website you know!
You talk about something Twilight (New Moon, Stephenie Meyer, songs about them….ect…) so much that when ever you even open your mouth to speak your friends ask if it is about the books. If I say yes, they walk away!!!! *UHH!*
You listen to songs and desperately try to find some way to relate it to the books.
Then when you do find one, you squeal with joy!^^
You day dream about what the next book will be about EVERY DAY!
And then you write it down (so far, I have about 4 versions, about 300 pages each!) lol
You ride home with a friend, when you get in the car, you see you are in a Volvo! And you scream!!!
You have read the books so many times that you can tell your best friend exactly where to find something in the book (what page!)
You draw the characters on the side of your math homework
When asked about it you say, “oh! Did I do that?” because you really didn’t even know you did!
You have every song that is on the play list (and more…) written down and on your I pod
When you found out that the 3rd book wasn’t coming out until October 2007, you went into a state of depression
You glare at people with the name Edward because you know they could never live up to the “real” Edward!!!
But not my dad. His name is Edward. And it is very hard to hear “Edward” being called all day and all night long, then just being disappointed when your fantasy disappears and your dad walks by.
You could name every known thing about any of the characters……in 2 minutes
After reading the first book, you wrote Edwards name all over your walls with chalk.
Lol….not much!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:23 pm
@complex_ity_: What were the first versions to come out with that "choose your gender" and "real life time" stuff? Was it Ruby and Crystal or something...?

@bellatwilight: Was it a silver S60 R? xD
And did you turn those Eclipse stories into fanfiction?
-sigh- I wish I could stay up as long as I wanted...But I always get caught. The stupid computer needs to either be in my room, or my laptop needs to have wireless already.

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:14 pm
@bellatwilight: But I thought Eclipse comes out in September, maybe August 2007?

@XxfushigipinayxX: I believe it was Ruby and Sapphire.

You know you read too much Twilight when:

You write your Commonwealth Essay, and you just can't resist choosing a 2004 Volvo S60R as the newest car remaining in your post-apocalyptic sci-fi world.

The phrase "everything I know about cars I learned from Stephenie Meyer" really applies to me. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:19 pm
Ha ha, seriously...That definitely applies to me too. I knew absolutely nothing about cars besides a few names that my friends would throw around.

To answer your question for bellatwilight, though, I'm guessing the dates everyone hears is different. It keeps changing, so to speak...It gets earlier, then later, then earlier again...
So I'm just going with the earliest release being August and the latest in October. It better not be later than that o__o"

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

N i co l e

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 am
XxfushigipinayxX
complex_ity_
Hey, when you play Hearts, who do you find wins the most? For some reason, Edward always wins on mine games - I'm a really bad Hearts player, so I don't expect to win, but Alice and Bella are technically played by the computer too...so why don't they ever win? smile

Hahaha...Thanks for reminding me to talk about this.
I find that Alice is usually always the one to win. Jasper is a bit better than I am, which doesn't say much since I'm a bad player too, but it's Edward who always battles me for last place. He's just as bad as I am xD

@Nicole: Have you found any celebrities that you think fit Edward's looks?
Not really.
I think I totally got his description wrong.
See...I see things WAY differently.
To me, Edward has platinum blonde hair, look like Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket, andandand wears a black suit.
I don't know why...but he has always looked like that to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:36 am
N ! c o l e `
XxfushigipinayxX
complex_ity_
Hey, when you play Hearts, who do you find wins the most? For some reason, Edward always wins on mine games - I'm a really bad Hearts player, so I don't expect to win, but Alice and Bella are technically played by the computer too...so why don't they ever win? smile

Hahaha...Thanks for reminding me to talk about this.
I find that Alice is usually always the one to win. Jasper is a bit better than I am, which doesn't say much since I'm a bad player too, but it's Edward who always battles me for last place. He's just as bad as I am xD

@Nicole: Have you found any celebrities that you think fit Edward's looks?
Not really.
I think I totally got his description wrong.
See...I see things WAY differently.
To me, Edward has platinum blonde hair, look like Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket, andandand wears a black suit.
I don't know why...but he has always looked like that to me.

Holy crow, how'd you get that out of the descriptions in the books? o__o;;
More specifically...what volume of Furuba do you consider Yuki looking the most like how you picture Edward >>;;
If anything, I'd imagine him more Kyo-ish...

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:52 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Ha ha, seriously...That definitely applies to me too. I knew absolutely nothing about cars besides a few names that my friends would throw around.

To answer your question for bellatwilight, though, I'm guessing the dates everyone hears is different. It keeps changing, so to speak...It gets earlier, then later, then earlier again...
So I'm just going with the earliest release being August and the latest in October. It better not be later than that o__o"

I will die if it comes out later than October. If it comes out in August, I'll have at least part of the summer to read and re-read it, before school starts and I have to lend it out (there's a line forming!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:27 pm
Hmmm...

You Know You Read Too Much Twilight When...
♥ You become so engrossed in reading at least a couple pages per day that you become territorial; it can't be more than an arm's length away.

I've tried lending it out before, but the one time I did, the girl didn't want to read it after all and ended up giving it back to me during lunch. Which is just as well, though; I was having withdrawal symptoms for the three hours I didn't have it in my backpack >>;;

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 pm
I don't mind lending the books out - I'll just reread them more when I get them back.

The covers got kinda damaged, though, in my backpack crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:15 pm
Mine too gonk

It happened a while ago, but I brought New Moon to school with me when I first got it, whic turned out to be a huge mistake. Apparently, the zipper, or something sharp, had made these long streaks across the front cover. So now whenever I look at it, instead of focusing on the pretty ruffled tulip, all I can focus on are the long, white scrapes.

I'm gonna buy the paperback first thing when it's released >>;;

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

Lady Aralien

High-functioning Genius

23,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:37 am
complex_ity_

4. You've preordered Eclipse and Breaking Dawn BEFORE THEY'RE PUBLISHED

Where did you "preorder" your books?? According to Stephenie's website you can't, and they are not listed on Amazon or B&N....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:27 pm
TheAralien
complex_ity_

4. You've preordered Eclipse and Breaking Dawn BEFORE THEY'RE PUBLISHED

Where did you "preorder" your books?? According to Stephenie's website you can't, and they are not listed on Amazon or B&N....

www.chapters.indigo.ca  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

AkanSis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:37 am
XxfushigipinayxX
-sigh- But I sure do love being an obsessed fan, haha...

♥ You watch a video in health today about the 1918 killer flu. You zone, so you don't pay attention until the video suddenly says, "It was also called Spanish influenza, " and your ears sorta just perked up.

I love being an obsessed fan too! who doesn't? And the same thing happended to me when we were learning about the Spanish influenza! I was laughing the entire time and then i started drawing sketches of the Twilight gang! (i hung up the pic of edward in my room!) heart heart

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff