Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
in the view of goths and drugs..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:40 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
XWraith_LordX
Kohanna13
GilAskan
Lexx_the_Vexx
Well Im Straight Edge But I Mostly Do Weed And Acid At Times...I Quit When I Want But Recently Quit CAuse It Messes With My Voice And Im The Singer In My Band So YEah....But I Like To Drink....And I Do Shrooms At Times With My Smoking/Drinking Buddie Veronica So YEah!!!

Can you really call yourself "straight edge" when you indulge/indulged in four mind altering substances?

neutral

I was just about to ask that. You can be 'straight edge' or not, it doesn't bother me but please make sure that you are what you say you are. No offense intended.

GilAskan and Lexx are correct, doing LSD and weed make you the opposite almost of straightedge. Sraightedgers' don't do that kind of thing. sweatdrop

Srsly >.>

Like giving head and claiming to be a virgin (if you are someone who believes that oral keeps virginity intact, please PM me with your reasons why)

...that example is a little more sketchy. It should be noted that there's a difference between emotional/religious virginity and medical virginity.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 pm
this type of topic reminds me of a certain issue with goths, drugs, and the Television.

did you know, in the show "malcom in the middle" theres an eppisode featuring goths?

but you see...its not the best image in the world. they were talking about a conflict on the play ground and then said "no, thats where the Goths smoke"

i thought that, that was innapropriate to the gothic fashion and anyone who is goth. not all goths smoke and i thought that, that was incredibly rude and stereotypical.  

DJ Database

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:30 pm
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
XWraith_LordX
Kohanna13
GilAskan
Lexx_the_Vexx
Well Im Straight Edge But I Mostly Do Weed And Acid At Times...I Quit When I Want But Recently Quit CAuse It Messes With My Voice And Im The Singer In My Band So YEah....But I Like To Drink....And I Do Shrooms At Times With My Smoking/Drinking Buddie Veronica So YEah!!!

Can you really call yourself "straight edge" when you indulge/indulged in four mind altering substances?

neutral

I was just about to ask that. You can be 'straight edge' or not, it doesn't bother me but please make sure that you are what you say you are. No offense intended.

GilAskan and Lexx are correct, doing LSD and weed make you the opposite almost of straightedge. Sraightedgers' don't do that kind of thing. sweatdrop

Srsly >.>

Like giving head and claiming to be a virgin (if you are someone who believes that oral keeps virginity intact, please PM me with your reasons why)

...that example is a little more sketchy. It should be noted that there's a difference between emotional/religious virginity and medical virginity.

True, though medical virginity can be lost through yoga, horseback riding, or doing the splits.

I understand that people have different opinions - mine is simply that if it involves (a) sexual organ(s) and multiple (two or more) people, it is sex which involves lost virginity.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:43 pm
I smoke pot regularly and do shrooms on occasion.I've also smoked Wet and Salvia. I drink every weekend and any time I'm off school. I've also been known to snort Pixie Stix. I wanna go a bit further, like LSD.  

MediaclCunt

BloodSlipX

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:58 pm
i dont think its a connection between goths and drugs just people in general lol like millions do drugs of course some will be goth ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:31 am
Smoke pot here and there, drink here and there. Have managed to never smoke a cigarette though the amount of secondhand smoke I inhale kinda kills that fact.

Have tried harder drugs, but don't indulge in them on a regular basis.  

Soviet_Viking

Professional Toilet Roll

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:40 am
Not into them. I don't see how drugs and goths are linked. =/ I've heard of more skaters and chavs doing drugs than goths.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:02 am
Well, I think drugs are more conected to the whole "rock n roll" life style the goth in general, even if I guess thers a lot of anfetamin and cocain going around...

My self, I like a line from lost boys:
Sleep all day, party all night - never grow old, and never die

I smoke ocationaly, and dealing with other tobaco/nicotin products as well.
Im drinking when Im going out, I like to party a lot. I love the clublife, and I love just sitting at home and playing games or talk and split a bottle of wine or some glases of absinth with a good friend. If it wasnt for work (im a black jack dealer) every second weekend id probably been an alcoholig by now! xd

When it comes to heavier stuff.. Ive been on festivals here and there, so I propably dont know about half the stuff ive been taking. Nothing im doing every weekend, more something that hapends 3 times a year.

misunderstood_001

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:37 am
thedarcnessinside
what are your views of goths add drugs?

I personally think that there are quite a few straight edge goths, and there of course are the ones who smoke cigs, and do drugs... I think it is a choose matter on if they smoke, and do drugs or if they don't.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:59 pm
Personally I don't do drugs because they are bad for your health and I consider them a waste of money xp . In the future they will ruin you and your life.  

blackrose070

gabbi12340

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:53 am
drug free here!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:24 am
In my view, drugs are mostly for losers.
1.) Some do drugs to fit in. (therefore... they must think they are a loser of sorts)
2.) Some do drugs because they are depressed. (losers are depressed*)
3.) Some do drugs as a pass time. (losers that have too much spare time)

For those who do drugs for other reasons... I have nothing to say to them besides they're wasting their ******** money. I'd rather buy food or something useful.

I like my brain, don't want to ******** it up. I'm lucky to be so intelligent so I'm not about to ruin it. I have dreams I don't want to mess up.

*I'm not saying you are a loser because you are depressed.

MY OPINION ONLY- I don't mean to offend people.
Go ahead yell at me, you know you wanna. Meanwhile I'll be here enjoying my brain.  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:59 am
MediaclCunt
I smoke pot regularly and do shrooms on occasion.I've also smoked Wet and Salvia. I drink every weekend and any time I'm off school. I've also been known to snort Pixie Stix. I wanna go a bit further, like LSD.

Why question  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:47 am
i hate people who thinks lots of goths do drugs.I never will do drugs or smoke.its bad for you,and i dislike drugs very much.  

Stargazer Dante

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:42 am
Sakusu
this type of topic reminds me of a certain issue with goths, drugs, and the Television.

did you know, in the show "malcom in the middle" theres an eppisode featuring goths?

but you see...its not the best image in the world. they were talking about a conflict on the play ground and then said "no, thats where the Goths smoke"

i thought that, that was innapropriate to the gothic fashion and anyone who is goth. not all goths smoke and i thought that, that was incredibly rude and stereotypical.

If you're bothered by a canceled show repeated for a 1-hour block late-night on a broadcast channel, a block that Adult Swim clearly dominates with Family Guy, then you really should reconsider your values.

And, for the record, I did indulge in a few hard drugs during my time away from you, O Got Goth? Guild. However, all I know is that I'm not gonna do it again.

Not because it was destroying me physically. It was destroying me financially, and I hate being dependent on illegal things. Right now, I smoke cigarettes and I drink. It isn't bothersome.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff