Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
MY LIFE IS A BURNING BLACK ABYSS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NINJA SAD STYLE:
  BOO HOO NO JUTSU.
  STFU EMO NINJA.
View Results

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:42 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
You're still prioritizing him over others, which is nice for him, but why waste your time being an a** to everyone else who makes mistakes, contradicting their hate for bad grammar? It was a mistake, after all.

Basically, there's a difference between somebody who's grown up speaking English and being surrounded by it their whole life, and somebody who's still learning it. It's not prioritising him so much as respecting that he's learning a second language, which is really damn hard. I'd get annoyed if somebody mocked me in another language I was learning for not being 100% correct, whereas I wouldn't if I effed up in English, since I'm supposed to be fluent in it.

Captain Verd
...Lol Hiirowing

I'm going to sue you for flaming me, Verd. D:< You pink roach supporter!!1!
It's a stupid difference to choose to go by. How someone types, on a CHATTING SITE, has little bearing on how good they write essays.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:45 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
9_6 Omg how do I explain this to you? I don't treat Juuyonbi like he's a retard or something, but I wouldn't have argued with him about a word if I had known english wasn't his first language.

It's not an agry response, it's just in caps. It kinda looks like you're angrier than I am, lol. I called the whambualnce just in case you have a heart attack or something. wahmbulance

EDIT: So you admit that if you really wanted to stop, you would have? because as I've said before, if you don't want to argue with me, you don't have to. Just stop being pissy, and you won't get flamed so much.

...Lol Hiirowing
You're still prioritizing him over others, which is nice for him, but why waste your time being an a** to everyone else who makes mistakes, contradicting their hate for bad grammar? It was a mistake, after all.

Well, then you're reading too deep into my text. I'm not mad. Well, sure, I am fed up with this by now, but it's phasing me less and less. Slap a guy once, he cries. Slap a guy 10 times, his face goes numb. If you weren't angry, you wouldn't have insulted me. Simple as that. :]

It is certainly part of why we're still here. But it takes two to tango. Of course a part of me felt a desire to retort to stupid things you have said, or else I would have simply ignored you. However, this cannot be claimed 100% on me. You too, add just as much, if not more, into the pot. And same could be said for you. You can be very pissy whether you want to think so or not.
I'm more lenient on his grammar and spelling and whatever because he hasn't spent his whole life learning nothing but english. For people like you and me, bad grammar really isn't something we can get away with without getting the big stamp of STUPID on our faces.

Now, I know you know the answer to this one. I insult you because I think you're kind of crazy. Simple as that.

And um YES DUH I'M PISSY I'm a jerk, remember? I spend most of my time in the guild picking on you. You get pissy because people disagree with you or say Shikamaru eats dirt or something stupid like that. That's why I think you're crazy.

Okay, so it takes two to tango. So you can't really blame me for picking on you, since you keep replying to me with your crazy.
That's ridiculous. Mistakes don't make people idiots. Unless you're willing to accept that "English" is capitalized an that "pissy" isn't an actual word.

Right back at you, sister.

And don't you feel like a moron. If you don't, I feel sorry for you. That you have to come on the internet, and rather than talk about things you like, spend the majority of your time picking at someone. How immature. And I don't care it people insult Shikamaru, it's their choice. Not everyone sees things the same way, clearly. rolleyes Also, disagreeing with me is FINE, it's when NO EVIDENCE backs up your answer, where mine is almost always back up with concrete evidence.

Your bitchy replies only prove my point, darling. This new "crazy" thing you just came up with is yet another excuse to start a NEW arguement with me. This is me, catching you in the act, STARTING an arguement. YOU start the arguments. There's PROOF right here.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:50 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Basically, there's a difference between somebody who's grown up speaking English and being surrounded by it their whole life, and somebody who's still learning it. It's not prioritising him so much as respecting that he's learning a second language, which is really damn hard. I'd get annoyed if somebody mocked me in another language I was learning for not being 100% correct, whereas I wouldn't if I effed up in English, since I'm supposed to be fluent in it.

Captain Verd
...Lol Hiirowing

It's a stupid difference to choose to go by. How someone types, on a CHATTING SITE, has little bearing on how good they write essays.

How well they write essays. /tongue in cheek  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:52 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Captain Verd
...Lol Hiirowing

Exactly. I'm in a world-wide respected literature class. I'm with the "geniuses" and I made that simple mistake. I was nominated; practically begged to come into this English class. This class could be a one-way ticket into places like Harvard. And yet I made a mistake.

PROVES my point.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:55 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Captain Verd
...Lol Hiirowing

Exactly. I'm in a world-wide respected literature class. I'm with the "geniuses" and I made that simple mistake. I was nominated; practically begged to come into this English class. This class could be a one-way ticket into places like Harvard. And yet I made a mistake.

PROVES my point.

Which world-wide respected literature class? :O  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:55 pm
How does having crappy grammar prove your point?  

Captain Verd

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:56 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine

PROVES my point.

The Zoolander Institute for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Learn to do Other Stuff Good.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:59 pm
Captain Verd
The Zoolander Institute for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Learn to do Other Stuff Good.

If it's a literature class full of high school students and it's world-renowned, it must be good.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:00 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine

PROVES my point.

By colleges, the IB Programme is a set of... I believe 7 classes? English, History, TOK, and Math and two-year classes. I am only taking the English and TOK, since I don't plan on going to a "big name" college. I'm going to a trade school, because that way I'll make shitloads more money as a result.

It's possible your school might not know about it. The schools that matter, do. If a school counselor is doing their job, they'll know that accepting students with IB certificates is a pretty well-known thing. A lot of people think it's just a piece of paper; which it is, which is why I don't plan on going for one. The damn thing costs 175 dollars; hardly an investment where I could achieve just as much without it. Since I don't plan on being a straight cut "business woman," I only accepted the class for my own learning benefit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:02 pm
Your responses are cute, but pointless. No, I'm not in Mensa, but schools, worldwide, accept this certificate as an honor. Just because it's RESPECTED worldwide doesn't mean everyone in the world knows about it. It just means any of of the big schools will consider me over someone who did not take the class, simply because IB is of a much higher quality.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:04 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine

PROVES my point.

By colleges, the IB Programme is a set of... I believe 7 classes? English, History, TOK, and Math and two-year classes. I am only taking the English and TOK, since I don't plan on going to a "big name" college. I'm going to a trade school, because that way I'll make shitloads more money as a result.

It's possible your school might not know about it. The schools that matter, do. If a school counselor is doing their job, they'll know that accepting students with IB certificates is a pretty well-known thing. A lot of people think it's just a piece of paper; which it is, which is why I don't plan on going for one. The damn thing costs 175 dollars; hardly an investment where I could achieve just as much without it. Since I don't plan on being a straight cut "business woman," I only accepted the class for my own learning benefit.

I've actually never heard of it, and I went to a snooty private school where Education Was Everything. Maybe I missed that day, or maybe it's not as popular over here.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:05 pm
By the way, I've watched that movie at least30 times. It's, "The Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too."  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:05 pm
Too bad you're getting Cs in all your other classes, otherwise they might actually consider you.

Lolz I forgot doctors and business men are so poor. I should call up my grandpa and ask him if he got all his money from being a plumber. Maybe he can direct me to some good hair salons where all the dough is stashed or something. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:06 pm
Shikalee
By the way, I've watched that movie at least30 times. It's, "The Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too."
Lolz I've only seen that movie through like once.  

Captain Verd

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:07 pm
Shikalee
Your responses are cute, but pointless. No, I'm not in Mensa, but schools, worldwide, accept this certificate as an honor. Just because it's RESPECTED worldwide doesn't mean everyone in the world knows about it. It just means any of of the big schools will consider me over someone who did not take the class, simply because IB is of a much higher quality.

Pfft, Mensa. My mum qualified for that and she's a lowly theatre nurse. Sadly, she doesn't have money to burn so she couldn't join.

Then again, this is the internet, so my claims could be exaggerated. Which they aren't.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff