Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 pm
In an instant Antha went running up to Vikteren, completely abandoning David, and tightly grabbed his arm. "Vikteren, calm down. Aaron is simply accustomed to such behavior from me. It's meaningless, really." Her eyes were cast for several long moments at Aaron then, looking perhaps for some way to resolve the sudden issue. "Please, come sit down," she begged the vampire, pulling at his arm slightly, "It's not Aaron's fault, it's mine. He expects it from me by now." She was struggling mentally with this dilemma finally, trying not to make herself sound worse than she already had yet eager to calm him down. It would have been just fine if it were any other person in the room for she probably would have been amused, but with Vikteren she was only concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:42 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
In an instant Antha went running up to Vikteren, completely abandoning David, and tightly grabbed his arm. "Vikteren, calm down. Aaron is simply accustomed to such behavior from me. It's meaningless, really." Her eyes were cast for several long moments at Aaron then, looking perhaps for some way to resolve the sudden issue. "Please, come sit down," she begged the vampire, pulling at his arm slightly, "It's not Aaron's fault, it's mine. He expects it from me by now." She was struggling mentally with this dilemma finally, trying not to make herself sound worse than she already had yet eager to calm him down. It would have been just fine if it were any other person in the room for she probably would have been amused, but with Vikteren she was only concerned.

He turned to her, the force behind that cold green gaze falling on her like a lead weight.
It was no wonder, looking at him, that vampires had once been thought to be soulless.
After a moment, he lowered his eyes--the light in them extinguished as quickly as a flame--and bowed his head, black hair falling to further curtain his gaze.

"As you wish."  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:25 pm
The sheer intensity of his stare in that moment made her heart drop severely, though she relaxed again as he calmed. Thank you, she said silently, grabbing his hand tightly in what appeared to be gratitude. "See, Aaron? That's why you shouldn't be so disagreeable!" she scorned the man, eyes falling sharply on him. This was the only comment she made on the subject; she preferred staring him down. It was, however, not of her own choice. She would have liked to scold Aaron further, but the fear she carried that her feelings were becoming transparent silenced her.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:04 pm
Silently David watched this scene, observing carefully with one arm crossed over his chest and supporting his other arm, the fingers of which were curled beneath his chin. "Antha," he said softly, approaching her and gently squeezing her shoulder. This was his way of calming people down. "Antha, don't be so short-tempered with Aaron. You know he's only concerned." He gave her a warm smile, the kind that usually put a momentary dramatic pout to her face in these situations but seemed to soothe her nonetheless. "Now...Vikteren, was it?" Again he smiled, though this was more of a habit than anything else, "I realize you don't like me, and certainly you don't trust me, but I wonder if I might have a private word with you?" He didn't dare to make physical contact lest the man become defensive, but after some deliberation he decided telepathy was within the bounds of the proper. I'm concerned for Antha. And, if I'm not mistaken, you are too, correct? To a trained eye, it could be seen that his easy smile became a fraction more forced, as if he were covering a tone of worry upon his expression.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:30 am
.David Talbot.
Silently David watched this scene, observing carefully with one arm crossed over his chest and supporting his other arm, the fingers of which were curled beneath his chin. "Antha," he said softly, approaching her and gently squeezing her shoulder. This was his way of calming people down. "Antha, don't be so short-tempered with Aaron. You know he's only concerned." He gave her a warm smile, the kind that usually put a momentary dramatic pout to her face in these situations but seemed to soothe her nonetheless. "Now...Vikteren, was it?" Again he smiled, though this was more of a habit than anything else, "I realize you don't like me, and certainly you don't trust me, but I wonder if I might have a private word with you?" He didn't dare to make physical contact lest the man become defensive, but after some deliberation he decided telepathy was within the bounds of the proper. I'm concerned for Antha. And, if I'm not mistaken, you are too, correct? To a trained eye, it could be seen that his easy smile became a fraction more forced, as if he were covering a tone of worry upon his expression.

The vampire gave David a cold glance out of the corner of his eye, as if he hardly deigned to look at him straight-forwardly. "You may." he said stiffly. Vikteren did not even attempt a smile--although if he had, it would have most likely been somewhat less reassuring than David's. He did not often have the occasion to practice, after all.
I do not see what business it is of yours, Vikteren answered in turn.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:05 pm
Quickly David excused the pair of them, giving Antha a little apologetic smile before he started off up the stairs, loosely directing Vikteren so as not to annoy him. It was only when they were locked away inside his office that he felt free to speak. "Ah, but it's very much my business. You see, Antha is precious to me and I wish to make certain she remains unharmed." He stopped for several brief moments, dropping into the spinning chair behind his desk and lighting up a cigarette before he offered Vikteren the chair opposite. "But as apparently you've seen, she's really quite reckless. Sleet---the demon saint of Osiris City vampires---just happens to be quite nearly in love with her." He paused again, eyes drifting, before his words seemed well phrased. "Sleet massacres the things he loves, and the things that endanger him, challenge him. But you...he's frightened of you. I can see it if I watch him. Antha sees it too, and I think..." This final pause was very thoughtful, and David appeared utterly distracted. He looked once at Vikteren, a hard stare that seemed almost jealous as much as contemplative. "I can only assume, but I believe Antha's fearful that you'll leave her. I can't know for what purposes, but she certainly realizes that when you do depart she'll be at Sleet's mercy. So I have to ask you---for Antha's sake, understand---what will you do?" To David there were two purposes for his question. He wanted Antha to be protected of course, but he also wanted to see how long this vampire would stick around and therefore how much attention needed to be directed to him if they were ever going to construct a file. Yet he didn't want Vikteren to see this second intention and so took great pains to hide all traces of it away.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:03 pm
.David Talbot.
Quickly David excused the pair of them, giving Antha a little apologetic smile before he started off up the stairs, loosely directing Vikteren so as not to annoy him. It was only when they were locked away inside his office that he felt free to speak. "Ah, but it's very much my business. You see, Antha is precious to me and I wish to make certain she remains unharmed." He stopped for several brief moments, dropping into the spinning chair behind his desk and lighting up a cigarette before he offered Vikteren the chair opposite. "But as apparently you've seen, she's really quite reckless. Sleet---the demon saint of Osiris City vampires---just happens to be quite nearly in love with her." He paused again, eyes drifting, before his words seemed well phrased. "Sleet massacres the things he loves, and the things that endanger him, challenge him. But you...he's frightened of you. I can see it if I watch him. Antha sees it too, and I think..." This final pause was very thoughtful, and David appeared utterly distracted. He looked once at Vikteren, a hard stare that seemed almost jealous as much as contemplative. "I can only assume, but I believe Antha's fearful that you'll leave her. I can't know for what purposes, but she certainly realizes that when you do depart she'll be at Sleet's mercy. So I have to ask you---for Antha's sake, understand---what will you do?" To David there were two purposes for his question. He wanted Antha to be protected of course, but he also wanted to see how long this vampire would stick around and therefore how much attention needed to be directed to him if they were ever going to construct a file. Yet he didn't want Vikteren to see this second intention and so took great pains to hide all traces of it away.

Vikteren took the seat across from David as a cat might, all grace and long limbs, instantaneously making himself at home, crossing his legs with an air of unshakeable self-confidence. Curiously, although he usually considered himself above such petty matters, he found himself wanting, very badly, to put this David in his place. But realizing he thought Vikteren prepared to abandon Antha--he couldn't stop himself. He bristled. "If she comes into danger while under my protection, I will not leave her." he said coldly. "I am in her debt. I intend to repay her. Anything less would be dishonorable. Everything else is merely--" he made a gesture, too quick for mortal eyes to follow but indicative of dismissal, "--irrelevant."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:58 pm
Antha pouted mildly as they left, forced to take David's place as leader until he came back. This much she was used to though. "This spirit---" she began softly, her eyes turning to Rynn for a moment before she made her way back over to him, "What does it do? There are many different types of hauntings. To dispel an apparition, you have to know exactly what will drive it away for good." Finally she couldn't help but glance at the stairs, wondering when David and Vikteren would reemerge. Her attention, however, hardly turned from the matter which had prompted Aaron to call her to the motherhouse. "And Aaron, where did Singe run off to? We need him!"

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:28 pm
For a minute---60 full seconds---David sat staring at the vampire, analyzing him. He didn't like the looks of this, of the future now that he was involved. "Don't hurt her," he said simply, the easiness in him still ever-present but the amicable nature all but vanished. "Antha's fragile and she worries frequently. And trust me it's hard not to grow angry at her when she runs rampant the way she does, infuriating dangerous creatures and luring any given attractive man into her bed." Quickly he crushed out the cigarette in the little glass tray on the corner of the desk, the anger showing in his flushed face suddenly. "One day though, when you're of no more use or you prove of no more interest to her or when you won't crawl into her bed, she'll turn against you. It's her nature. If you want to stay with her and repay her, force her to honestly look at you. Otherwise, you won't last a week." The smile came to his lips in a flash as he stood again, satisfied that he had been able to complete the stream of thoughts he had wished to convey to Vikteren. "Speaking of the princess, we should get back to her."
Meanwhile, Aaron was finding his patience tested. "Singe went to talk to Atticus. And leave Rynn alone, mademoiselle brat. David and your little companion will be back soon." If David should ask him, Aaron wouldn't hesitate to tell him how much he had missed arguing with their brat princess; the bouts of frustration she invoked within him completed him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:35 pm
"Be quiet!" she commanded Aaron, sending out a current of wind that was easily enough to knock him back against the wall. "I'll do as I please, thank you. I am the brat princess, my little insect." She turned away from him with this, watching the stairs as if impatient for the two men to return. She didn't really trust the two of them alone together---David knew too much. I would hate to have to punish him...really... Finally, calmed considerably, she sat quietly in a chair near the bottom of the stairs, her fingers loosely spread against the red velvet of the armrests.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:01 pm
.David Talbot.
For a minute---60 full seconds---David sat staring at the vampire, analyzing him. He didn't like the looks of this, of the future now that he was involved. "Don't hurt her," he said simply, the easiness in him still ever-present but the amicable nature all but vanished. "Antha's fragile and she worries frequently. And trust me it's hard not to grow angry at her when she runs rampant the way she does, infuriating dangerous creatures and luring any given attractive man into her bed." Quickly he crushed out the cigarette in the little glass tray on the corner of the desk, the anger showing in his flushed face suddenly. "One day though, when you're of no more use or you prove of no more interest to her or when you won't crawl into her bed, she'll turn against you. It's her nature. If you want to stay with her and repay her, force her to honestly look at you. Otherwise, you won't last a week." The smile came to his lips in a flash as he stood again, satisfied that he had been able to complete the stream of thoughts he had wished to convey to Vikteren. "Speaking of the princess, we should get back to her."
Meanwhile, Aaron was finding his patience tested. "Singe went to talk to Atticus. And leave Rynn alone, mademoiselle brat. David and your little companion will be back soon." If David should ask him, Aaron wouldn't hesitate to tell him how much he had missed arguing with their brat princess; the bouts of frustration she invoked within him completed him.

"I have no intention of becoming Antha's lover, inconceivable as that may seem." he said dryly, standing and following David. "But thank you for the warning." With a faint grimace, listening for Antha's voice from the floor below, he acknowledged. "True. It would be insufferably cruel to leave them at the mercy of her sharp tongue."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:14 pm
The sight of them made a little smile smile appear on Antha's lips, the excitement blooming in her face for a moment. "I swear I didn't kill him," she testified immediately to David, her hand raised as if taking an oath. What did you tell him? She began immediately, breaking hastily into his mind to find what was there. He never had been able to hide anything from her---she was too strong. When she had seen the conversation that had taken place, again her expression fell subtly and she hurried away, dropping into another chair far away in the corner, looking almost as if she had been jilted. "Go ask him for details," she told David, her voice soft and miserable. Were it not for his heightened senses that he always flaunted, he probably never would've heard it.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:34 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
The sight of them made a little smile smile appear on Antha's lips, the excitement blooming in her face for a moment. "I swear I didn't kill him," she testified immediately to David, her hand raised as if taking an oath. What did you tell him? She began immediately, breaking hastily into his mind to find what was there. He never had been able to hide anything from her---she was too strong. When she had seen the conversation that had taken place, again her expression fell subtly and she hurried away, dropping into another chair far away in the corner, looking almost as if she had been jilted. "Go ask him for details," she told David, her voice soft and miserable. Were it not for his heightened senses that he always flaunted, he probably never would've heard it.

Vikteren stopped on the landing, gave both Aaron and David a curt nod, and followed Antha to the far corner, curious about her sudden change in demeanor. And the last comment, nearly whispered--he could only assume she was referring to the witch boy, the entire reason for this trip. He stood to the side of the chair, studying her face as an apprentice painter might study Da Vinci's masterpiece.
After a few brief moments, he asked, "Are you alright?"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:43 pm
"I'm fine," she replied gently, eyes diverted and staring with distant fixation at the ground. I hate you David, she told him simply, the words obviously having no meaning whatsoever. With this her focus broke and she leaned into the back of the chair, eyes closed in fake fatigue. I'm not always like that, she told Vikteren finally, the faintest rush of blood showing in her pale cheeks for a few fleeting seconds. I'm not quite as terrible as people think. Well...not always. When her eyes opened she showed the same loose concentration as she watched the shadows dance across the high ceiling. But then, it doesn't really matter anyways. The person I am or am not has nothing to do with it, correct?

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:49 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"I'm fine," she replied gently, eyes diverted and staring with distant fixation at the ground. I hate you David, she told him simply, the words obviously having no meaning whatsoever. With this her focus broke and she leaned into the back of the chair, eyes closed in fake fatigue. I'm not always like that, she told Vikteren finally, the faintest rush of blood showing in her pale cheeks for a few fleeting seconds. I'm not quite as terrible as people think. Well...not always. When her eyes opened she showed the same loose concentration as she watched the shadows dance across the high ceiling. But then, it doesn't really matter anyways. The person I am or am not has nothing to do with it, correct?

He tilted his head to one side, quizzically. I'm afraid I don't quite catch your meaning. he replied carefully. Vikteren had an idea, but not a definitive one--and if it was what she was thinking of, his answer would most likely not be a pleasant one for her to hear.
White lies had never come easily to him.  
Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff