Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
You know you're addicted to crafting when....... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you addicted?
  Duh!
  Well maybe.....
  Not me, I can quit whenever I like.
View Results

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:17 am
(I hope it's still ok to add to this)

You know you're addicted to crafting when.......

You've never knitted a single stitch in your life and you have three patterns set aside to make.

for me I found some how-to knitting videos on youtube and was all "ZOMG MUST KNIT NOW!" So now I have three patterns I want to make, one baby blanket, one rug for the bathroom, and one shaw/wrap thing-a-ma-bob xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:55 pm
You know you're addicted to Crafting wheeen...

You spent practically half of your $100 gift certificate to walmart, on fabric.  

CrystalRose

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:31 pm
CrystalRose
You know you're addicted to Crafting wheeen...

You spent practically half of your $100 gift certificate to walmart, on fabric.

hmm...that gives me an idea...i wonder if i could trade my guy friend a video game or two for his gift card for walmart.... >3>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 pm
-When you and your friend have to go to the LYS/Micheals/Wal-mart together just to keep each other from spending all of your money on yarn. (hahaha, this has been my week, yarn shopping and dragging each other away from the pretty expensive shop)

-When you go craft shopping in pairs with a friend and end up encouraging yarn buying(this has only happened once or twice)

-When you become glad that you don't use hangers so that you can turn your closet into a yarn/craft storage zone.(I did that last night lol)

-When you and said friend plan on spending time in your living room making your family crazy all summer with knit-speak.(this summer will be fun!)

-When you start saying things like "You should call so-and-so and tell them to get the YO here!"

-When you begin to take over your group of friends with yarn. (we've managed to make them all get incredibly hyper with balls of yarn. Quite funny)

-When you buy fabric, even though you don't sew.

-When you've got more storage space for yarn than clothes(not quite, but I'm getting there)

-When non-knitting friends begin to understand knit-speak because you and your friend talk in it constantly.

-When friends start randomly bringing yarn so that you'll make them things.

-When your best friends mother loves you because you knit and always has to look at your projects.

-When girls night out means hanging out with people twice your age to knit.

-When all of the LYS owners know you by name and love when you walk in.

-When you sit here and write all of these, and have about three dozen others in your head (that I won't write now, because this post is getting monstrous)  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

PiaZoe001

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:47 pm
...when your husband seriously considers buying a shed just so you can put your yarn and fabric somewhere other than in the house!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:44 pm
Whe you have to move every three months and your main concern is not "will my clothes/cleaning stuff/cookig stuff fit in the car", but rather "will my beads and yarn fit in my car"?  

Silver Mist

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:33 am
When, rather than pay attention in class, you study the sweater of the girl in front of her and realize that you could make that very easily yourself.
OR
When you tell your friends that they're idiots for having bought the $80 sweater that they could have made themselves
OR
You offer your coding-savvy friend knitting lessons if she'll tell you how to pimp your myspace.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:22 am
Silver Sunrise
(I hope it's still ok to add to this)

It's perfectly ok to add to this. I'm sorry I haven't been around to update it recently. My husband and I just spent a week in Bellingham Washington looking at houses and interviewing for jobs. We're back home now, but the packing still goes on. I will make an effort to use some of my computer time this week to update this thread.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:55 am
::Sniff:: My people! I've found you!

er...sorry, i got all emotional at finding fellow crafters on gaia.

You're addicted when:

- You start a face book group entitled "I'm addicted to Yarn"

- You go to Joanne fabrics for one skein of plain black and left with a basket full of every verrigated shade you could find,

- you've ever bought $30 of yarn from the dollar store just because it was there (It was Boucle!! I made an afghan out of it)

- you skip class to crochet (or knit)

- you ever used a credit card to pay for yarn because you didn't have the cash for it

- you've ever bought yarn instead of groceries

- just the thought of a yarn sale gets you all hot and bothered  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:20 pm
-When your planing a third trip ot the out of the way Hancocks thats going out of business, to help clean out their fabric area

-When the fabric you see prompts ideas, rather than patterns or already made clothes

-When you've just GOT to get some of the organic, partially bamboo knit fabric, cause it feels like a totally fabulous light weight jersey knit and yoou just NEED a summer sun dress out of it

- When you have to stop yourself- repeatedly- from offering to make the landlady a new couch slip cause hers is ugly, doesnt fit, and smells like cat. ><  

Silver Mist

Maer^ier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:51 pm
You have more bandaids on your hands than you do fingers.

I <3 the Dangerous Craftin'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:34 pm
~You get usesed as an exapmle of "not paying attention in class" (But I was listening, Ms Green! I have to get this done so I can start something new!)
~your physics teacher uses you and your crafting as an example of something that some people can't do
~People ask you what you're making, and when you say "I dunno..." they give you strange looks
~ You've made a cozy for pretty much everything that doen't move in your house.  

Trekkette

Trekkette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:38 pm
caffinated_tulip
You start a face book group entitled "I'm addicted to Yarn"

*dies* Must join!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:46 am
Well I don't know if I'm addicted or not but I have made over 50 of those pixel craft things...  

Yousorrymon

Maer^ier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:33 pm
Yousorrymon
Well I don't know if I'm addicted or not but I have made over 50 of those pixel craft things...
That, my friend, is what we call an addiction.

When you've run out of plain white tee shirts, but not things to stencil on them.

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff