Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Word Games
A Sentence Practice Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

omiyashi0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:26 pm
"Back! Back!" Jason screamed, "You will never get my notebook! It has things in it in which you don't need to know!". He clasped his notebook tighter to his chest and watched as the group of cruel boys moved in closer to him. Jason knew that these boys would tear him to shreds if they ever got a hold of him. Quickly, and quietly, he ran in to the bushes and made no sound, but the boys found him easily.They hurriedly tied him to a tree and then proceeded to poke and prod him with nearby sticks. When they finished, they picked up the notebook and began to read it aloud.

"On November the fourth, I met this really hot guy who has interests similar to mine. For fear of rejection, I have yet to say a word to him or his girlfriend. I really need to talk to someone. Do you mind if we separate for a while? I have to get out there and..." The boy who started reading stopped for fear of the next sentence. He tossed the notebook away and took a swing at Jason, almost hitting him as a heavy-set, bald policeman pulled up into the driveway. At last, help had arrived.

The boys took off running and Jason started to cry. The policeman hurredly untied Jason and asked him what was wrong, Jason said, "Well sir, I was walking home minding my own business when these guys from school started following me."

The police officer felt sorry for the boy because he could see the bruises and beatings the boy had taken. "Come now, I will take you home, what is this?" The officer was referring to the notebook that Jason so desperately clutched.

Jason looked at the police officer and said, "Oh, that? That's my sisters! I was holding it for her and she trusted me with it. There was no way I was letting anyone get a hold on it."

The police officer looked at the boy with admiration. "Son, that was an honorable thing to have done, and for such a young kid. Why don't I take you out to get some ice cream. You do like ice cream, right?" The cop smiled, this was all too easy. "Say, would you like Baskin Robin's or Marble Slab?"

"Baskin Robins!" squealed Jason ecstatically. He jumped up and down and... clapped his young boyish hands. He was none the wiser of the cop's hidden intentions.

"I'm Chris, by the way," said the policeman coolly.

"You may call me, Jason." Jason replied, not thinking. He only wanted ice cream and a ride home to his mother.

The policeman began driving to the ice-cream parlor and....suddenly a call come over the police radio. There was a robbery three blocks away. Frustrated, Chris the policeman dropped Jason off at the nearest corner and let him be on his way. Chris sped off and Jason found he was lost and having the worst day ever. He began to get very angry at the fates, but then suddenly his friend, Adam, pulled up beside him in his car and asked the obvious. "Hey man, you lost?" Jason bit his lower lip as he got into the car. He eyed his friend and said, "Have you ever been in love? The real kind? People always tell me I'm too young to know what romantic love is, but I do. Honestly, I do. There's this "person" that I love, and I know that she doesn't know how I feel, but I want to find a way to tell--" "Dude! You're trippin'!" Adam interrupted. "What's this 'love' got to do with anything in 'real life'? Come back to Earth and get in the car."

Jason didn't like Adam's reaction so he kept walking. Avoiding the trouble and remaining lost. Adam shrugged and sped onward. As Adam's car faded into the night, Jason closed his eyes and walked wherever the wind took him. Soon, he found himself on Chris' front lawn. The cop saw him, and came out to... cover himself. He was supposed to still be on the beat, but he'd found this nice "girl" on the street who didn't want to go to jail. So, in exchange for freedom, she had agreed to a few favors. "Uh, Jason! What...er...what are you doing here...? How did you know where I lived? "I didn't" Jason replied "I was only walking around without paying attention to where I was going." Upon noticing the girl in the house Jason climbed through the window and stepped in a dog's water dish! Chris was so enraged, he started to yell at Jason for invading his house and ruining the carpet, however he stopped himself and calmly told Jason to leave. Jason, realizing he had overstayed his welcome, left the house and began walking in the direction he had come. He still wasn't sure where he was, or where he was going. The only thing he WAS sure of was that he really needed to find a place to stay for a while. He had no idea how long he had been wandering around. He hadn't even told anyone where he is, or where he would go. Horribly aching from his being abused, Jason hobbled to the next house upon which he came. He knocked on the door and turned, facing the street, as he waited. As he heard the door open, he turned again, and stood face to face with... Claudia Schiffer! But upon closer inspection it was a lifesize cardboard cut-out of the model that a person was holding uncomfortably close to his body to be normal. Why do you have that thing so close to you?" Jason asked. The guy was about to answer when...
a loud screeching interrupted him. A car came careening over the curb, across the lawn, and straight towards the doorway where Jason was standing. He tried to move out of the way, but... he discovered that he couldn't move! Jason looked down and discovered that he was standing in wet cement.

"This day is too stupid to be real!" he screamed.

That was when sat up and found he was in his own bed, in his own house.
"I was too stupid be real, it was a dream!"
Jason went down to the kitchen and said, "Mom, I just had the weirdest dream! It didn't really make any sense."
Mom looked at him while turning over the pancakes.
She asked, "What is that on your feet? It looks like... cement. Jason started to freak out. However, not wanting to do so in front of his mother he walked to the front door and went outside. Upon getting outside he noticed that their gravel driveway was wet, and it had footprints in it. "It rained the other day." Jason thought to himself. Calmed down, Jason...sat down on the front porch and started to untie his shoes. "What in the world is happening to me?" he asked himself. He wished he knew. As he got his first shoe off, Adam pulled up. "Dude, what happened to you?! I drove back to get you because I felt bad, and you were gone? What gives?!? I thought you'd be dead in that part of town." "What? What are you talking about? That wasn't real, that was a dream, damn it!"
Adam said ,"Dude, no it wasn't. After I went back to get you, I found you knocked out. There was a billboard with a loose letter above you, and that letter must've fell and hit you in the head." I started towards you, but a cop, er...Officer Chris something or other, saw me, looked at you, and insisted that he'd take care of you. I had no choice; He made me leave you! What kind of monstrous vain man would to such a thing? Oh to shun your own would be even more blasphemous, oh the horror of it!"

"What are you SAYING, man?" Jason screamed. "A minute ago you were using words like 'dude', but now you're saying "'blasphemous!'" Jason ran away screaming as Adam loudly rambled on about Chris and his blasphemy.

"Jason ran on, he didn't know where he was going, but he ran like the wind." Jason stopped, "WHAT'S WITH THAT VOICE I HEAR? IT'S NARRATING MY ACTIONS!" Somebody stepped out of the bushes! Jason was shocked to find it was...

It was himself. "At least, someone who looke remarkably like himself" said the person.
"Stop that!" Jason screamed. "Just stop...! "Who the heck do you think you are to be narrating people's lives?!"
The man who looked like Jason replied, "Well, I am quite obviously you, and I am only narrating our life, not anyone else's. They have their own selves that are quite capable of..."
"...Narrating their alternate's life." Jason finished his alternate's sentence. "So what you're saying is that everyone has an alternate that narrates the others life from the shadows? Are you, like, Shadow Jason?"
"No, only you... Because you're insane... Didn't you know?" the other Jason said. "By the way, where do you get off calling me 'Shadow Jason'? It's very cruel, you know. I mean, I have feelings, too! How would you like it if I started calling you 'Real Jason'? It's so very stupid when people start judging others by their class. Just because a person is dirt poor doesn't mean..."

Jason slowly crept off.... He tried to, anyways. Yet, there was Shadow Jason, not quite through with his rant. "Don't you know anything? You could have died several times lately, and that Chris guy stalking you! The only reason we're still here is that I saved you! I...Was the one who called Chris to the robbery! Other wise, he totally would have...died! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!"... "All life is coming to an end!!!" Jason stood stock still, for Shadow Jason had suddenly started to swell up into a Giant Balloon Shadow Jason with laser vision and a bazooka. Jason watched as, out of nowhere and for no apparent reason, eleven dancing black cats began to dance around him. His heart sank. For each cat that crossed his path he got seven years of bad luck. Plus, he had to worry about Giant Balloon Shadow Jason with his laser vision and bazooka.

"Why?!" he screamed. "Why couldn't I have just been born normal? According to Shadow Jason, I'm insane. I need to ask my mom if I was hit on the head as a baby...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:40 am
"Back! Back!" Jason screamed, "You will never get my notebook! It has things in it in which you don't need to know!". He clasped his notebook tighter to his chest and watched as the group of cruel boys moved in closer to him. Jason knew that these boys would tear him to shreds if they ever got a hold of him. Quickly, and quietly, he ran in to the bushes and made no sound, but the boys found him easily.They hurriedly tied him to a tree and then proceeded to poke and prod him with nearby sticks. When they finished, they picked up the notebook and began to read it aloud.

"On November the fourth, I met this really hot guy who has interests similar to mine. For fear of rejection, I have yet to say a word to him or his girlfriend. I really need to talk to someone. Do you mind if we separate for a while? I have to get out there and..." The boy who started reading stopped for fear of the next sentence. He tossed the notebook away and took a swing at Jason, almost hitting him as a heavy-set, bald policeman pulled up into the driveway. At last, help had arrived.

The boys took off running and Jason started to cry. The policeman hurredly untied Jason and asked him what was wrong, Jason said, "Well sir, I was walking home minding my own business when these guys from school started following me."

The police officer felt sorry for the boy because he could see the bruises and beatings the boy had taken. "Come now, I will take you home, what is this?" The officer was referring to the notebook that Jason so desperately clutched.

Jason looked at the police officer and said, "Oh, that? That's my sisters! I was holding it for her and she trusted me with it. There was no way I was letting anyone get a hold on it."

The police officer looked at the boy with admiration. "Son, that was an honorable thing to have done, and for such a young kid. Why don't I take you out to get some ice cream. You do like ice cream, right?" The cop smiled, this was all too easy. "Say, would you like Baskin Robin's or Marble Slab?"

"Baskin Robins!" squealed Jason ecstatically. He jumped up and down and... clapped his young boyish hands. He was none the wiser of the cop's hidden intentions.

"You may call me, Jason." Jason replied, not thinking. He only wanted ice cream and a ride home to his mother.

The policeman began driving to the ice-cream parlor and....suddenly a call come over the police radio. There was a robbery three blocks away. Frustrated, Chris the policeman dropped Jason off at the nearest corner and let him be on his way. Chris sped off and Jason found he was lost and having the worst day ever. He began to get very angry at the fates, but then suddenly his friend, Adam, pulled up beside him in his car and asked the obvious. "Hey man, you lost?" Jason bit his lower lip as he got into the car. He eyed his friend and said, "Have you ever been in love? The real kind? People always tell me I'm too young to know what romantic love is, but I do. Honestly, I do. There's this "person" that I love, and I know that she doesn't know how I feel, but I want to find a way to tell--" "Dude! You're trippin'!" Adam interrupted. "What's this 'love' got to do with anything in 'real life'? Come back to Earth and get in the car."

Jason didn't like Adam's reaction so he kept walking. Avoiding the trouble and remaining lost. Adam shrugged and sped onward. As Adam's car faded into the night, Jason closed his eyes and walked wherever the wind took him. Soon, he found himself on Chris' front lawn. The cop saw him, and came out to... cover himself. He was supposed to still be on the beat, but he'd found this nice "girl" on the street who didn't want to go to jail. So, in exchange for freedom, she had agreed to a few favors. "Uh, Jason! What...er...what are you doing here...? How did you know where I lived? "I didn't" Jason replied "I was only walking around without paying attention to where I was going." Upon noticing the girl in the house Jason climbed through the window and stepped in a dog's water dish! Chris was so enraged, he started to yell at Jason for invading his house and ruining the carpet, however he stopped himself and calmly told Jason to leave. Jason, realizing he had overstayed his welcome, left the house and began walking in the direction he had come. He still wasn't sure where he was, or where he was going. The only thing he WAS sure of was that he really needed to find a place to stay for a while. He had no idea how long he had been wandering around. He hadn't even told anyone where he is, or where he would go. Horribly aching from his being abused, Jason hobbled to the next house upon which he came. He knocked on the door and turned, facing the street, as he waited. As he heard the door open, he turned again, and stood face to face with... Claudia Schiffer! But upon closer inspection it was a lifesize cardboard cut-out of the model that a person was holding uncomfortably close to his body to be normal. Why do you have that thing so close to you?" Jason asked. The guy was about to answer when...
a loud screeching interrupted him. A car came careening over the curb, across the lawn, and straight towards the doorway where Jason was standing. He tried to move out of the way, but... he discovered that he couldn't move! Jason looked down and discovered that he was standing in wet cement.

Jason went down to the kitchen and said, "Mom, I just had the weirdest dream! It didn't really make any sense."
She asked, "What is that on your feet? It looks like... cement. Jason started to freak out. However, not wanting to do so in front of his mother he walked to the front door and went outside. Upon getting outside he noticed that their gravel driveway was wet, and it had footprints in it. "It rained the other day." Jason thought to himself. Calmed down, Jason...sat down on the front porch and started to untie his shoes. "What in the world is happening to me?" he asked himself. He wished he knew. As he got his first shoe off, Adam pulled up. "Dude, what happened to you?! I drove back to get you because I felt bad, and you were gone? What gives?!? I thought you'd be dead in that part of town." "What? What are you talking about? That wasn't real, that was a dream, damn it!"
Adam said ,"Dude, no it wasn't. After I went back to get you, I found you knocked out. There was a billboard with a loose letter above you, and that letter must've fell and hit you in the head." I started towards you, but a cop, er...Officer Chris something or other, saw me, looked at you, and insisted that he'd take care of you. I had no choice; He made me leave you! What kind of monstrous vain man would to such a thing? Oh to shun your own would be even more blasphemous, oh the horror of it!"

"What are you SAYING, man?" Jason screamed. "A minute ago you were using words like 'dude', but now you're saying "'blasphemous!'" Jason ran away screaming as Adam loudly rambled on about Chris and his blasphemy.

"Jason ran on, he didn't know where he was going, but he ran like the wind." Jason stopped, "WHAT'S WITH THAT VOICE I HEAR? IT'S NARRATING MY ACTIONS!" Somebody stepped out of the bushes! Jason was shocked to find it was...

It was himself. "At least, someone who looke remarkably like himself" said the person.
"Stop that!" Jason screamed. "Just stop...! "Who the heck do you think you are to be narrating people's lives?!"
The man who looked like Jason replied, "Well, I am quite obviously you, and I am only narrating our life, not anyone else's. They have their own selves that are quite capable of..."
"...Narrating their alternate's life." Jason finished his alternate's sentence. "So what you're saying is that everyone has an alternate that narrates the others life from the shadows? Are you, like, Shadow Jason?"
"No, only you... Because you're insane... Didn't you know?" the other Jason said. "By the way, where do you get off calling me 'Shadow Jason'? It's very cruel, you know. I mean, I have feelings, too! How would you like it if I started calling you 'Real Jason'? It's so very stupid when people start judging others by their class. Just because a person is dirt poor doesn't mean..."

Jason slowly crept off.... He tried to, anyways. Yet, there was Shadow Jason, not quite through with his rant. "Don't you know anything? You could have died several times lately, and that Chris guy stalking you! The only reason we're still here is that I saved you! I...Was the one who called Chris to the robbery! Other wise, he totally would have...died! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!"... "All life is coming to an end!!!" Jason stood stock still, for Shadow Jason had suddenly started to swell up into a Giant Balloon Shadow Jason with laser vision and a bazooka. Jason watched as, out of nowhere and for no apparent reason, eleven dancing black cats began to dance around him. His heart sank. For each cat that crossed his path he got seven years of bad luck. Plus, he had to worry about Giant Balloon Shadow Jason with his laser vision and bazooka.

"Why?!" he screamed. "Why couldn't I have just been born normal? According to Shadow Jason, I'm insane. I need to ask my mom if I was hit on the head as a baby or something. She probably dropped me on purpose;...  

Situs Inversus

Wheezing Prophet

5,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

burner6336

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:52 pm

"Why?!" he screamed. "Why couldn't I have just been born normal? According to Shadow Jason, I'm insane. I need to ask my mom if I was hit on the head as a baby or something. She probably dropped me on purpose; that witch! I must....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm

"Why?!" he screamed. "Why couldn't I have just been born normal? According to Shadow Jason, I'm insane. I need to ask my mom if I was hit on the head as a baby or something. She probably dropped me on purpose; that witch! I must unleash upon her the wrath of Shadow Jason! Hey, Shadow, lock and load, we've got somewhere to go!  

omiyashi0

thunderandlightning

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:23 am

"Why?!" he screamed. "Why couldn't I have just been born normal? According to Shadow Jason, I'm insane. I need to ask my mom if I was hit on the head as a baby or something. She probably dropped me on purpose; that witch! I must unleash upon her the wrath of Shadow Jason! Hey, Shadow, lock and load, we've got somewhere to go!

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:30 am

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still...  

joannemily

omiyashi0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:52 pm

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:57 pm

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that...

thunderandlightning

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that... a wall of flowers and such grew between Jason and Shadow Jason. They jumped in alarm as the flower began  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:32 pm

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that... a wall of flowers and such grew between Jason and Shadow Jason. They jumped in alarm as the flower began to attack them but shadow Jason wasn't hurt but Jason got thorns  

gamer575

Naokohiro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that... a wall of flowers and such grew between Jason and Shadow Jason. They jumped in alarm as the flower began to attack them but shadow Jason wasn't hurt but Jason got thorns in his butt. Then, Jason screamed quite loudly, "Ow, my butt  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that... a wall of flowers and such grew between Jason and Shadow Jason. They jumped in alarm as the flower began to attack them but shadow Jason wasn't hurt but Jason got thorns in his butt. Then, Jason screamed quite loudly, "Ow, my butt is being excruciatingly painful! If you love me, Shadow Jason, please...

thunderandlightning

Honeydukes Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:55 am

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that... a wall of flowers and such grew between Jason and Shadow Jason. They jumped in alarm as the flower began to attack them but shadow Jason wasn't hurt but Jason got thorns in his butt. Then, Jason screamed quite loudly, "Ow, my butt is being excruciatingly painful! If you love me, Shadow Jason, please...
kiss it better? Teehee!" he said, as he leaned his butt towards Shadow Jason.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 am

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that... a wall of flowers and such grew between Jason and Shadow Jason. They jumped in alarm as the flower began to attack them but shadow Jason wasn't hurt but Jason got thorns in his butt. Then, Jason screamed quite loudly, "Ow, my butt is being excruciatingly painful! If you love me, Shadow Jason, please...kiss it better? Teehee!" he said, as he leaned his butt towards Shadow Jason.

Shadow Jason put the brakes on quite suddenly, but he didn't immediately stop, so he ended up kissing Jason's butt anyways. "EW!!! WHAT'S....  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Honeydukes Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 am

Shadow Jason simply looked at him, and then he tried to blow Jason up with the bazooka. Fortunately for Jason, the bazooka was filled with... blanks, so no harm came to him. But there was still a bayonet on the end of the bazooka! Shadow Jason then charged at him with full speed. Jason had to think fast. He decided to take off the rubber mask he also wore. Behind the mask was a face so terrible that... a wall of flowers and such grew between Jason and Shadow Jason. They jumped in alarm as the flower began to attack them but shadow Jason wasn't hurt but Jason got thorns in his butt. Then, Jason screamed quite loudly, "Ow, my butt is being excruciatingly painful! If you love me, Shadow Jason, please...kiss it better? Teehee!" he said, as he leaned his butt towards Shadow Jason.

Shadow Jason put the brakes on quite suddenly, but he didn't immediately stop, so he ended up kissing Jason's butt anyways. "EW!!! WHAT'S.... the matter with you? Wait...I kissed it, so....WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH ME?!?!?!" Shadow Jason screamed and....  
Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff