Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Anime Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like anime?
  Yes
  Nope
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:41 pm
Taki Aizawa was the guy from ASK in Gravitation. The Bad Luck members were Shuichi, Hiroshi Nakano and Suguru Fugisaki
Nittle Grasper had Ryuichi Sakama, Noriko Ukai and Tohma Seguchi.... and considering that my girls' nicknames are Tohma and Noriko.. you know which anime they loved back 4 years ago the most. (and yes, we all know Tohma is a guy, but for some reasons the girls took on the guys names and the guys took on the girls names - or rather the girls gave them out that way. Nori was the only name left for a girl by the time all the others were taken... Then they switched to another anime for names)

Now they are so eclectic in their mix of animes and mangas it's unreal.
You ask about an anime and they will tell you about it, they know almost as many as the Anime Convention staff members do, and they know them all!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:48 pm
iceman and nittegrasper are pretty cool(the actualy albums and such)  

iori_lamia

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:55 pm
iori_lamia

I love their music from Gravitation and the artists who did the actual singing. I have a collection of songs from lots of animes on my burned cd's.

I am more into J-pop and J-rock than American music now. gonk Thanks to Tohma and Nori and the whole group for that!!!! I am at least learning my Japanese that way!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 pm
mamarita
churrlo
Omg I loved Ranma 1/2! It was so much fun ^^ I watched it when I was like.... 8 xd

And ICKY GRAVITATION!! gonk
so, you don't like animes that have an underlying yaoi theme? is that it? Shuichi is so cute, and the premise of the anime was really good.. so good that i have the entire series on dvd!!!

Most I don't like xd I did like Ouran though, it has various hints razz I just guess I don't like it when it's so obvious *shrugs* I really need some new anime xd

As for music, I really am too xd Except now I am going through a Korean music phrase surprised Koyote!! heart  

churrlo

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:49 pm
mamarita
iori_lamia

I love their music from Gravitation and the artists who did the actual singing. I have a collection of songs from lots of animes on my burned cd's.

I am more into J-pop and J-rock than American music now. gonk Thanks to Tohma and Nori and the whole group for that!!!! I am at least learning my Japanese that way!

oh noes!
lol
im balanced...
er..
(not really)

12 ameircan artists
435 japanese artists
5 korean artists XD
1 chinese sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:57 pm
Do you listen to Koyote? xd

I don't have that much stuff xd I just listen to what's on the radio or what is sent to me razz  

churrlo

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:59 am
I think it was Ryuichi that was the one I liked. The one with the pink rabbit. xd

We Con Staffers don't know them all... We just know a lot. rofl And my mum actually only knows a few, and she's a staff head. xd Of course, she's sort of a special case, since we started with the scifi cons and just moved to the anime cons once Stellar Con died... crying I miss Stellar Occassion...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:36 am
I attend Ohayocon and Ikasucon faithfully each year! And Ryuichi is the one that Kumaguro (who was really a bear)  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:54 pm
churrlo
Do you listen to Koyote? xd

I don't have that much stuff xd I just listen to what's on the radio or what is sent to me razz

ahaha, and sorry, i dont o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:50 am
I might to go OMG-Con in Paducah, KY ^^  

churrlo

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:38 am
Cons are great. xd It's the only time I see a lot of the regulars, so any excuse to have a con is going to be fun. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:48 am
At the last convention, Tohma cosplayed Temari and Nori cosplayed Isuka. I don't usually cosplay, but I wear my Sesshomaru Tshirt that I made. It has about 20 different Sesshomaru transfers on it. I got glomped and stroked more times than the girls did and several people tried to actually take my tshirt off me. This year I am going to make some and sell them at the con!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:03 am
rofl Yes... there are lots of crazy fanboys/girls out there. xd

I've cosplayed lots in the past... lol. Rhinoa (FFVIII), Ryuuzaki Umi (Magic Knight Rayearth), Sailor Venus/Sailor V (Sailor Moon... I did both costumes. sweatdrop ), Mereko Yui (Full Moon wo Sagashite), Jeanne, second outfit (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne), Vampire Princess Miyu... And I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two (possibly intentionally). xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:26 am
Tohma has done Tohma Seguchi from Gravitation (hence her nickname), Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, Temari from GG, A school girl from one of the animes that I can't remember (but that skirt was so short that her panties had a note on them reminding all the guys to keep her perverted minds and hands to themselves).
Nori has cosplayed Noriko Ukai from Gravitation (hence her nickname), Hisoka from Yami no Matsuei, Kaoru from the Dir En Grey band- her best cosplay of all time- she looks dead on him!!!, and Isuka from Naruto.
As for me, the girls want me to cosplay Kaede from InuYasha, since that is one of my fav animes, hoping that a Sesshomaru cosplayer will see me and have his pic taken with me. I actually wanted to meet David Kaye, the voice actor for Sesshomaru, last year at Ikasucon, but they switched the times/days for his signing and I missed him crying . Such a talented man!!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:42 pm
I have never gone to a convention before ^^; Never really cosplayed but it's rather difficult with my hair X_X

I told my Japanese friend and she got scared xd Otaku's scare the s**t out of her LMFAO  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff