Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:17 pm
I was baptized Methodist, but now I'm a bit of a religious mutt.

Right now, I'm agnostic, but I borrow my values from different religions.

For example, I am a mostly pacifist and sometimes refelect and meditate to relieve stress, like buddists.

I believe in reincarnation like Hinduism preaches.

And I agree with the Judaism's views on abortion.

I believe what I think makes sense and what goes with my own personal principals.

I also think that this website is just a tremendous site when it comes to learning and accepting other religions.

www.religioustolerance.org

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:52 pm
I don't know if I have stated this before in this guild. Sure feels like I have. It is not the morals or beliefs of chrisitianity that is bad but the fanatics who use it to constrain, exclued, hold down, and hurt others that is bad. In actuality there are some teachings of chrsitianity that are quite good. Like, love thy brother. hmm.....seems some fanatics overlook that teaching.

As for my faith. I have none. I'm kind of having issues with that right now....hopefully soon I shall find some sort of spiritual relief. But until then I am faithless.

Laharl Part Deux

apanda999

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:06 pm
Satanist here. And no I do not practice the occult, please do not ask such stupid questions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:45 pm
i dont generaly believe in religion. you might say im athiest but i dont know. i mostly dont think you should only love one lord than another.  

DJ Database

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 pm
I've been seeing this topic come up quite a lot.. Theories on Satanism are both correct and incorrect. Consider this..

Theistic Satanism- the literal worship of a malevolent spiritual being

Black Mass- the name given to a ceremony supposedly celebrated during the Sabbath, which was a parody of the Christian Mass.

Setianism- comprises magical, philosophical and religious concepts related to the ancient Egyptian god Set in the theory that Set is another form of Satan.

The most prominent and widely known Satanist in recent years is, and was Anton Szandor LaVey, who founded the Church of Satan in 1966. LaVey wrote The Satanic Bible (1969) and other works which remain highly influential (though controversial) among avowed Satanists. LaVey rejects the Black Mass, cruelty to animals, or a literal belief in (or worship of) Satan, instead considering Satan as the human instinct within ourselves, which is what LaVeyan Satanism celebrates; the human instinct. Instead he supports a view of human beings as animals and rejects many social structures that he believes inhibit human instincts.

Pardon for being a bit off topic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:10 am
I personally don't care what religion someone is, especially since I have become rather proficient at not having a religion. I suppose I'm more of a pagan tho, since me and christianity have alot of hang ups. We seem to butt heads alot on some of the finer issues. Since I can't really deal with the constraints of organized religion I'm doing my own thing. However my family are methodist and baptists so I respect that and worship with them as fits a daughter of my family's house. But by no means do I feel comfortable completely embracing the religion with its many flaws and inconsistencies. But I believe everyone has the right to worship as they will. My mother is a Saturday Night/Sunday Morning Christian, my father is a sit on the couch until the family comes home christian, and my dearest friend is a sometimes christian/wiccan. So if a religion works for you (regardless of what it is) good for you an go with it no one deserves to be judged or abused because what they do or don't believe in my mind. I learned a long time ago to just ignore bible fanatics...even when they jump out of cars in an attempt to push their literature on you...  

Oterys

Scott Ritter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:37 pm
well i'm not a Christian but i wish i could turn water to wine cheese_whine
I have a supreme disdain for religion, not just Christianity but ALL religions  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:14 pm
fashion and religion are unrelated.
music and religion are unrelated.

being goth has nothing to do with religion.

not to be rude, but i think anyone who flames this thread is 100% justified.  

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

-_-BreakxMexAgain-_-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:52 am
this guild accepts any goths. From Wiccas to Rejects. Not just the fashion and music goths.

Truthfully, I'm saved. I don't go to church, but I keep my s**t straight to where God stays on top priority when it comes to it. There's just a large majority of emo on the side.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:49 pm

Christrian

and went to private christrian school.

nothing against other religeons

since i have freedom of thinking and
err
stuff

now heres where i say something sofisticated
but i cant really think of how to say it sooooo

just gonna wing it

everyone thinks whatever they want
including goths
so the words "most goths yadayaydad"
and "some goths yadayayda"
and "alot of christrian goths say yadayaydaydyadad"

is stupid to say
cuz
not eVeRyoNe does it
so theres not a real point bein made

do u get it ? o.O

O.o?

Starfish Attack

feuerkrieg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:49 pm
i used to be christian, but i didnt feel like god was listening and/or he hated me. so im atheist now.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:16 pm
Major General Nebiros
i used to be christian, but i didnt feel like god was listening and/or he hated me. so im atheist now.

I as well am an atheist...  

Devils_lilboy

Substance-E

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:03 pm
used to be catholic till I learned that breathing wrong sends me to hell so I made up a new one  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:39 pm
I dont have a religion. I like devil stuff...tho...  

xxgothvampirexx

The Chaos Freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:24 pm
Im buddist  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items