What about you?
  Yes, nearly to everyone.
  Yes, sometimes.
  No, not really.
  Are you crazy?! Burn thy witch!!!
View Results

necromancy14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:02 pm
In my school "I love you" is way overused. As for me, I only use it with my best friends and *close* family.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:58 am
I'll only say it to people i truly love...like my bf,and friends...some family members sweatdrop  

SadBloodyEyes

Byrn_in_hel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:14 pm
I only ever say it to my friends. I might seem to say it alot, but thats because to me, saying "I love you" to your friends means something along the lines of "you are something extremely special to me, and I appreciate you much more than you know, and if something ever happened to you, I would be devastated," but alot more profound. I also say "I love you" to my mom and dad, just cuz sometimes I really do.

The only time I ever said "I love you" to someone other than a friend or parent was when I said it to my crush. He thought I was just kidding though, and I kind of was, but really, I meant it. I was with a few of my friends, and a little ways away, another friend of mine was talking to one of his really good friends, who happened to be my crush. All of a sudden, my friend yelled, "Hey *insert name here*, *insert name of crush here* likes you!" I could tell that he was just kidding, but my crush blushed, so just to humiliate him a bit more, I yelled back, "I love you too!" They all thought I was kidding, which was my intent, but actually, I kind of meant it.

Sorry. Just had to share my story.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:04 pm
I believe love to be well overused in society today. It conveys a very intense emotion, truly felt, and thusly meant, very rarely. Infatuation is often confused with 'Love', and it is used teasingly, or jokingly, amongst friends, normally in the female, or homosexual crowds (from my experience). It is also used to convey a sense of thanks, as I have been subjected to many a time. I personally only use it with my mother (I have no father), and when it is said to me, I normally think it means more than it is.

And then we get into the definition of love. Love, to me, is a very very strong emotion, which portrays immense mix of feelings, including attraction, devotion, trust, as well as fear. Love is commonly used between people in relationships, which sometimes can lead to misconceptions. Also, I believe that poor marriages often comes from this miscommunication, coming from the word love being shared with both partners, when either one or both of the participants does not mean it.

I believe it is highly overused, and I use it only with my family. I don't recall ever having said it to someone outside of my close relatives.  

Bloody Loon

Athena The Great

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:59 pm
"I love you." is overused to the point where it's practically meaningless.

Well.......Maybe not that much, but you get what I mean.

Personally, I think there's no point in saying it unless you really mean it, but many people today say, "I love you," and don't really know exactly what they're saying.

I believe there's many different types of love.
For friends.
For family.
For lovers.

But people (myself included) use the term "love" in order to get things that they want.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:08 pm
I pretty much only say it to my grandmother and my boyfriend.
I love my aunt, too, but we just don't say it much. I don't know why.
I don't really feel that way about my parents. Whenever my mom says it, "I usually just say "Okay," or if I don't want to hurt her feelings "Thank you."
confused

Frail Appetite

Annie Havok-Morphine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:42 pm
Yeah, it's overused, and I agree that it is almost meaningless now. I use the term with only three people:
My mom, my dad, and my boyfriend, because I really do love them.
I think someone already said this, but I'll say it again: It's more than likely underused with people you really do care about, and overused with people who either A) you're only trying to be polite to, B) actually couldn't care less about/think you love, or C) want something from.

It pisses me off to no end when someone says something like, "Love ya, b***h!"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:24 pm
yes it is way over used...people use the word so loosely...  

dakjdsancics

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:56 pm
People it seems don't understand that it is a misunderstood term, and that really it is being overused. Love to me is only expressed by actions now, and I mean real actions like helping someone and what not, and not words, because words can come out and really mean nothing to the other person. I've had my heart broken twice by the same guy and he use to say that to me a lot, and now I feel he never loved me, just used me. And it's sad when you hear younger couples over use it, they don't really know what love is at that point. Those words really in a way are meaningless now.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:03 pm
I HATE those 3 words, the last time I used them was with a girl who dumped me...for a girl o.o;
Those words are over used, and simply by saying them, you've said too much...yet too little  

JUST INspire Me

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:14 am
Omg it's way over-used. I hate it when I'm dating a person and two weeks later "I love you."

I had this relationship and when I dumped them they were like "But I love you!" Then four days later they were ******** someone else.

Yeah. Love. Right.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:37 pm
Love + Parents = Nope..
When I was younger, I would always tell my mum "love you!"
and she'd say 'yeah..' or nothing at all.

Those three words in relationships don't mean much these days. I don't want anyone telling me them unless they mean it. That in itself is rare to come by.

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:51 pm
Oh dear, yes. Friends say it all the time for favors and jokingly, teens say it when they hardly know the meaning, and even adults and teens alike say it just to open up someones pants...it's sad. I admit that I am guilty of it, I say it if my friend does me a huge favor or does something really funny. I do say it to my best friend and my fiance as well. I get to thinking about it sometimes though and think "I love you" has become so overused and misused compared to how it used to, if not just in movies, used to be the most passionate, loving, and commiting thing you could ever say to someone. Sometimes I wish there was and try to come up with another set of words that I could say to my fiance, that would mean more, or at least feel like they mean more.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:26 am
necromancy14
In my school "I love you" is way overused. As for me, I only use it with my best friends and *close* family.

Same for me I use I love you to family and friends the really close ones.  

Oni-taku

-Sylvia Blank Page-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:27 pm
When it comes to using "I love you" with family, not at all.
Or, for me, when I say it to my boyfriend, not at all.

(Five year relationship from 8th grade, go!!)

All around?
Probably.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas