Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Musings on Crafts (now with Pics!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:10 pm
Janis tank

Knit Polo

Knit Halter top

Tnk Top

And that's just DIYnetwork! Here's Knitty's Tank top archive  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:42 am
AriRashkae
ninja *pounce* Thank you ari. I found two patterns I really like.and I think I even have the needles to do both. biggrin Thank you again!  

Silver Sunrise

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:38 am
YourAzureGoddess
Better yet when people look at your stuff and say things like "wow. that's as nice as the machine made stuff" (Or better... "hey... that looks real!")

Real? dude... it's very real!
For some reason, that reminds me of my mom's "real fake pearls," so named because people always ask her if they're real, only to get a really sarcastic response.

My newest musing, while listening to New Moon on CD, is: "I wonder how fast I could knit if I were a vampire... I'd have a scarf done in a minute, my sister's geisha socks done in half an hour, and that cabled shawl I'm making for the renaissance fair done in a day. Somebody bite me!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:45 am
ladyleprechaun13

My newest musing, while listening to New Moon on CD, is: "I wonder how fast I could knit if I were a vampire... I'd have a scarf done in a minute, my sister's geisha socks done in half an hour, and that cabled shawl I'm making for the renaissance fair done in a day. Somebody bite me!"

Having played (Should I admit this? Aw heck, I promise I'm not scary...) Vampire: the Masquerade for several years, I have actually wondered the same thing *giggles*

Vampire + Celerity + Knitting = Awesome + Goth kids groaning

Yes!!!

Musing for the day:

Must resist the call of th Charmed Knits Quiddich Sweater pattern. Must resist. Must knit up the 19 skeins of wool you just purchased instead.

Must.... resist.....  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:07 am
Story time again!

So I went to a minor league baseball game yesterday, and immediately I grabbed my knitting to bring into the stadium. My guyfriends looked at me like I had three heads.

"You're not going to bring *knitting* into a baseball game?" one asked.

I looked back at him like he was crazy. "Have you ever *seen* a baseball game? It's a minute of play followed by three minutes of waiting, rinse repeat."

"But the Salem Avalanches are really good this year..." he protests.

I stubbornly stuff my knitting in my cargo pocket and tromp in. It happens to be lades night at the park. They give me a free tote bag. Guyfriend looks over, curious as to why he didn't get anything and asks "Hey, what's that you got?"

I grin at him and go to sit down. "A knitting bag."

~*~*~

The game was exciting...for about two innings in the middle of the game. The rest of the time guyfriends stared at me jealously because I had something to do and they didn't

tsk tsk tsk biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:30 am
YourAzureGoddess

Musing for the day:

Must resist the call of th Charmed Knits Quiddich Sweater pattern. Must resist. Must knit up the 19 skeins of wool you just purchased instead.

Must.... resist.....

Ooooh, the Quidditch Sweather, that one's hard to resist- along with the Weasly sweather, and the dobby socks.

Right now I'm bogged down around halfway through a garter stitch scarf I said I finish for my mom, and so many other projects look so much more fun!  

Blue-eyes-green

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:50 am
Blue-eyes-green
YourAzureGoddess

Musing for the day:

Must.... resist.....

Ooooh, the Quidditch Sweather, that one's hard to resist- along with the Weasly sweather, and the dobby socks.

Right now I'm bogged down around halfway through a garter stitch scarf I said I finish for my mom, and so many other projects look so much more fun!

I love the charmed knits sweater patterns.

I have to restrain myself from making them, though because I can't afford more yarn right now.

Time to knit the stash..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 pm
Mmmm..... Knitting heaven....

My mostest favoritest yarn shop up in Vermont (a cold, snowy wintery place) just put in two really comfy couches AND full spectrum lights (the kind that mimic sunlight and even give you vitamin D)

The yarn shop owner lets anyone come in and knit during store hours (which stays open late for people who work, like me!)

Can you say knitting nirvana?  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:21 am
*sighs in envy* All that place would need would be magic-non-knitting-staining coffee and hot cocoa....

I've never found a place I really feel comfortable just going to knit- I knit just about everywhere, but mostly in class and at meetings and in line at the bank, etc...

I finished the garter stitch scarf and swear to never do another! Lace and cables and instaria and double knitting forever (I got a little bored there in the middle of knit, knit, knit... change color... knit, knit, knit, knit...)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:35 am
When I was in Oregon, people would post knitting meetings at the board in the local yarn shops - usually at a cafe or coffeeshop so anyone could stop by and no one felt weird about going to someone's home or to a yarn shop when they didn;t want to purchase yarn.

I have found that the cafe in Border's is excellent for knitting - and Borders even lets people start groups so youi could start a knitting group and they'd post if for you on thier events board. Barnes and Noble doesn;t seem to do that tho >.<  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:25 am
OMG!

These are the coolest things ever...!

http://veganyumyum.com/2007/06/knit-night-cupcakes/

check them out!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:20 am
O. M. G. I MUST MAKE CUPCAKES!

but i made four batches of cookies yesterday...

and i don't like marzipan....

hmmm....  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Dolly_Dear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:57 pm
when i knit i just zone out, it's kinda weird when i do that  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6