Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelatheist

4,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:51 pm
yep, i is the square root of negative one, in most all cases that it is used in physics it is to simplify the equations, often the physical answer will just be to take the real part. But anyway I wouldn't worry too much about trying to understand all the background mathematical stuff. If you can understand the general concepts and ideas that should be enough. by the way, would it be physically possible to place two radioactive bosons in the same state?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:30 pm
angelatheist
yep, i is the square root of negative one, in most all cases that it is used in physics it is to simplify the equations, often the physical answer will just be to take the real part. But anyway I wouldn't worry too much about trying to understand all the background mathematical stuff. If you can understand the general concepts and ideas that should be enough. by the way, would it be physically possible to place two radioactive bosons in the same state?

The fact that you've said they are radioactive bosons indicates that they are composite bosons. As such they could not occupy the same space as they are made up of smaller bosons and fermions and the fermion interactions would not allow it. But you said state, and I would think that given sufficient distance to avoid the fermion interactions previously mentioned, that you could indeed put two radioactive bosons in the same state. Please let me know if I answered the wrong question though. It's quite easy to misunderstand a question.  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

angelatheist

4,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:40 pm
engineer-of-doom

The fact that you've said they are radioactive bosons indicates that they are composite bosons. As such they could not occupy the same space as they are made up of smaller bosons and fermions and the fermion interactions would not allow it. But you said state, and I would think that given sufficient distance to avoid the fermion interactions previously mentioned, that you could indeed put two radioactive bosons in the same state. Please let me know if I answered the wrong question though. It's quite easy to misunderstand a question.

yeah that answered my question. If one could somehow make radioactive bosons that could be "truly randomly" placed into two states so the probability ditribution for the states would be 1/3 1/3 1/3, then separate the two states over some distance, then it would be able to probabilistically pass information about weather one of the states had been measured. If it was then it stays in the 1/3 1/3 1/3 distribution, if it wasn't and one of the bosons decomposes then it becomes a 1/4, 1/2, 1/4 distribution. My theory behind it manages to avoid any grandfather paradoxes since two different experiments going both ways could effect each others probability distribution so you'd measure the wrong probabilities if you tried to create a paradox.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:54 pm
Nephrastar Wrote:
We either stay in the world as spirits or get reincarnated with no memory of our past lives.

That's what I think at least.

sure reincarnation why not.
however not everyone would stay as spirits on earth.
for someone to stay on earth as a spirit they would have to have some kind of great tradgety that affectedthem or they dont want to leave earth so they just stay where they died.

for those of good that accept death i think that they live another happy life in some kind of great beyond or something, kind of like heaven.  

Big J THUG

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:38 pm

I'll tell you the same thing I told Nephrastar: Rules of the forum, follow them please. Offer some kind of defense for your position or be deleted in a week from the time of this post (maybe a little later if I'm busy though.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:15 pm
Never wound ... what you can not kill!

Never fear! For i Am here to answer this question to its fullest !

Nothing happens When you die! I have died twice , and nothing happened.

I had a seizure when i came back , but that was just my brain kick starting my heart and reconnecting my nerves( seizure + carpet = rug burn )

I always came back before the ambulance arrived so officialy i have never died , but unofficialy iv been dead for 35 minutes.

Because what does not kill you .. only makes you stronger !

KCXerro013

Seeker

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:06 pm

If there were no medical technicians to declare you legally to be considered dead even, how exactly are you considering yourself to have been dead? Seeing as your brain was still functioning enough to restart your heart as you claim, you can't have had everything in you shut down.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:45 am
I Have also died before

i was stabbed in the neck and lost too much blood my heart and brain stopped for 2 min straight and i even had to hear and brain wave function to prove it nothing happend to you i just felt like i was sleeping and not dreaming  

abeydube

Evil Tuxedo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:21 pm
Physically after we die, we begin to decay. Our bodies continue the cycle. Nothing is wasted, matter is matter, and our organic brains are also made of matter. If we found the key, or a lock to Death's door there wouldn't be another generation to experience what we did. Its like asking yourself what it would have been like to never have been born. It's possible our consciousness is transferred to another plane. We honestly can't know the scientific end until we know the scientific beginning.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:44 am
We can exist in many forms, so I believe that when we die, our body loses so much of its form, it cannot exist. We don't cease to exist, we just go to another form.
I think that when you die, you just don't feel anything... you just feel relaxed!  

CheKage

Emet_Paladin of Truth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:04 pm
Evil Tuxedo
Physically after we die, we begin to decay. Our bodies continue the cycle. Nothing is wasted, matter is matter, and our organic brains are also made of matter. If we found the key, or a lock to Death's door there wouldn't be another generation to experience what we did. Its like asking yourself what it would have been like to never have been born. It's possible our consciousness is transferred to another plane. We honestly can't know the scientific end until we know the scientific beginning.

energy is energy as well:
where does that go?

MY WIERDO THEORY ON DEATH

f1. the earth is surrounded by an electromagnetic field
f2. humans emit an electromagnetic field
3. the electromagnetic field from f2 is a result of the electrical impulses that is our consiousness.
4. when we die, that data is transferred into the much larger electromegnetic field surrounding the earth.

strange, no?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:55 am
I skipped ahead from page 1 but it seems the general consensus is that nothing happens when we die. I think emet's theory is pretty interesting though, at least the most interesting i've heard, though I think he should elaborate. We humans have this enormous gift, our brains. We are capable of such deep thought that no other animal on the planet comes close to. It would be a shame if all that thought just stopped after we died.
It's impossible to try and comprehend not existing so we come up with ways that we might possibly go on. I've always thought that any knowledge we do not have now will eventually be revealed to us but I don't think we could ever truly know what happens to our consciousness when our bodies fail. So i guess we should forget about post death, because whatever it is it's inevitable and almost certainly will not be affected by our lives, and just think about where our life is going.  

Gman6817

serihime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:19 am
When I die, the whole world ends whee . Not really, it's possible but, mmm..

I think that after this life is another, it could be life in another planet, another country, another mammal... There are lot of possibilities, then there is heaven, which I don't think that really is, hell either, but still you can reborn as ghost, demon or something. When I born again I would love to be princess, or child of rich family so I would get everything what I want and go girls' school ^^ (practically same thing but still!).

So after death is reborn, it doens't happen always right away, but it would be really boring if there isn't heaven, hell, or reborn, we just lay under the ground ;__;...  
51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff