Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
What do you think when people say HP is evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like these people
yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
yes, and they should burn in hell
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
no, but they still should burn in hell
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

darkteenangel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:24 pm
some ppl really need to take a chill pill u know i mean c'mon its just a book!! (well a very well written book ... 3nodding ) my whole family reads hp (luckily) no problems here though my parents dont read it......... the rest of the ppl read it!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:32 pm
it makes me so fustrated i mean have even tried reading hp b4 no but they luv to criticise it scream  

darkteenangel

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:06 pm
I'm a christen and I don't think it's evil! Sure, there are some dark parts of the book and it does deal alot with the soul...but...uh...

Anyway it's not that that gets on my nerves, it's all the "oh HARRY POT-HEAD" I'm like "no, YOU'RE a HAIRY POT-HEAD!" stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:01 pm
I sometimes fell sorry for them because they're missing out on the spazzy fanishness that is Harry Potter. Other times I'm so bewildered by them. I've got a friend who isn't allowed to read it because her mother doesn't like that it has magic in it. The stupid thing? She's allowed to read books like Eragon and The Lord of the Rings, but not Harry Potter. Her mother hasn't even read the books! My grandmother says that if you've read The Wizard of Oz, then you should have no scruples about Harry Potter. People just can be so blind to a wonderful experience for people. I mean where would we be without Harry Potter? Nowhere!! Well.. that's probably an exagerration, but STILL! And I'm blabbering so I'm just going to submit this and shut up.... HARRY POTTER FOREVER!  

Aari-chan

hermione031792

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:40 pm
well since what i believe in says its evil ive just learned to deal with it  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:12 pm
When people say things like that, I try to brush it off and forget about it because they obviously dont have any idea what they are talking about. I dont see how any shape way or form, that HP could be evil.  

baby_2006_girl

AwaitingMidnight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:45 pm
I usually don't mind people that say "harry potter is evil" or something along those line. Every person is entitlied to their opinion. If they don't like it, they don't have to read it, and I am not obligated to listen to them. I do mind when they try opposing their views on me though. It's happened several times in my city where Anti-Harry Potter groups tried to get the book banned from school shelves and public libraries. They also urged stores not to sell the books. That type of thing will upset me... I don't generally care what other people do/say/think... but when they're going to impose that onto me, that's when I get angry. Otherwise I just dismiss these people as closed-minded/religious to the extreme/ignorant.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:30 am
If they say Harry Potter is evil, I'll just laugh so hard until they go away =P
There aren't many who'll say that here, mainly because I don't think anyone cares.  

onathebored

^Horse^Geek^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:01 pm
yeah i agree with every post here blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:30 pm
yeah, actually, my boss and i got in a huge argument over HP because the bookstore at the college was selling OotP. He said that it was evil and that we shouldn't be selling things like that in a learning environment. so i ripped him a new one and made him sound like an idiot ninja its amazing really that i still have a job. he was really ignorant because he also thought Lord of the Rings was evil *rolls eyes* he then went and rented them to try to prove me wrong and i made him look like an idiot again. now he only brings it up if no one else is in the office so he doesn't look stupid.

I think what bothers me the most about it is that, ok, if you don't like HP, fine. you are allowed an opinion. you want to think its evil, fine; again, you are allowed to think that. but don't try to call me evil, or a bad person or a bad christian because i read the books. honestly, with the arguments that they have against them, if you applied those same arguments to every book in history, you couldn't read 95% of them!

ok, sorry, that is my rant lol sweatdrop  

Niaga

JazelleSparrow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:23 am
I laugh at the people that think it's evil because you can't really say a word to make things happen on command. If the magic used in Harry Potter were a deeper sort of ritualistic magic and people were saying it was evil, then I would be kinda irritated. I don't like to make a big deal out of it though. There are plenty of people who think that The Mists of Avalon is evil as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:15 pm
i'd think dere weird stare  

Pow in the Wow

Roytjuh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:27 am
If someone thinks that Harry Potter is evil then he/she is a loser!

scream  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:41 pm
HOW ON EARTH CAN HP B EVIL??  

_ q u a c k k

dreamr-j

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:33 am
those ppl who say it are jaz ridiculours..! scream  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash