Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Anyone here not dress goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magical Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:04 pm
Hhhmm..
i don`t think i do...
but some people say that i dress gothic/emo..xP

just because i wear black and wear eyeliner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:40 am
I live in a place where people do with popular culture too much, thus no Goth clothes avail. I do however try to dress in as much black as I can. x3 Love black.  

Xythe Twistvoid

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:16 pm
I hardly ever dress "goth" now, but occasionally I wear loads of black and stuff. I'm not sure if I'd classify myself as goth, seeing as there are so many definitions. I hate it when people do assume that you're goth or emo just because you wore black on a certain day though.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:48 pm
people say i dress emo but im not.

I have the soul of a goth and i love the goth music. my parents are still getting used to me being a goth and be being called that and me calling myself that. they JUST started letting me buy gother clothes. we're actually going spring shopping at hottopic on friday. im excited because they are finally letting me buy what i want and dress how i want.  

DJ Database

EMOxxKYO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:27 pm
black is just my comfort color so i wear it everyday
ppl call me goth or emo but i dont rly care i hav my own style.....its my style ....its my life =//_^=  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:01 pm
The_Angry_Fatalist
First off, i wan't to apoligize If I do offend anyone with my last statement

Are there any goths here who does not dress like a vampire, or does not have pale skin?
I do not for two reasons

1) I am obese, and nothing from hottopic or any other store like that has my size.
well, I still buy jewelry and stuff, but still, im not full on goth

2) I try not to be a show off, If I am all paleish, or all black with leather spike-studded things, I might look like a mall goth/posuer ( no offence to the people that do look full on gothic, bc I know not all of you are posuers)

I know how ya feel about not being able to buy anything from hot topic. The thing that pisses me off is if I was one size smaller I could fit into some of their clothes. I don't bother to try and dress all gothish. I have an eyebrow piercing and I usually wear all black (not because I want to look goth but because it's what looks good on me) but it's not goth style clothes its more like dress pants and stuff like that.  

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

-_-BreakxMexAgain-_-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:06 pm
I'm going for a more goth look when I get my cash flow going good (i'm only 15 lol) So maybe when I'm 16 and can pay for stuff with my own money rather than my parents telling me it's bleh.

Currently I have a few shirts from hot topic, most of my pants are ripped, and my hair is going to be pimped out. I'm not styling it, just letting it grow waaay long and it's dyed black. Basically, I'm a feeling goth.

I'm philosophical. I understand things most kids my age don't. I don't like what I understand and hate to think that that's all humanity is going to be. It saddens me.

I am pale though...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:19 pm
The_Angry_Fatalist
First off, i wan't to apoligize If I do offend anyone with my last statement

Are there any goths here who does not dress like a vampire, or does not have pale skin?
I do not for two reasons

1) I am obese, and nothing from hottopic or any other store like that has my size.
well, I still buy jewelry and stuff, but still, im not full on goth

2) I try not to be a show off, If I am all paleish, or all black with leather spike-studded things, I might look like a mall goth/posuer ( no offence to the people that do look full on gothic, bc I know not all of you are posuers)

I am goth, but I don't always dress goth... I usually dress goth when I am depressed, or feel like looking different from everyone else in the area I live in...

Devils_lilboy

misunderstood_001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:33 am
I love my closeth with all my pretty gothic cloths. My mom is good at making cloths and shes made me a few long skirts and stuff like that. Often I have the problem with sizes, my as is to big for most things. But free sizes works good for me. I bye lots of cloths online, and if they dont fit, I can just sell them again, not that much of a problem really.

But im not allways wearing gothic clothing. I like to weare cloths that i think i look good in. Somedays im very ordenary, some days its very black and gothic.
Unfornantly I need to by my self more common cloths on my next paycheck. I realised that I have almost nothing that is fine to weare on a job interwiev or something.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:04 pm
I wear gothic stuff occassionally (and my pride and joy is my long black leather coat) but I don't do the whole make up or anything. It's a majorly expensive way to dress!  

Charmed_Raven

Romantic Lunatic

4,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100

misunderstood_001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:12 pm
Charmed_Raven
I wear gothic stuff occassionally (and my pride and joy is my long black leather coat) but I don't do the whole make up or anything. It's a majorly expensive way to dress!

Depends on where you get the clothing from, but yes, majorly expensive.
I bye stuff second hand and online (got to love ebay) and there you can find stuff that isnt much more expensive then what "ordernary" clothing is.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:35 pm
I wear them from time to time but i also have normal clothes to it's not just about the way u dress to be goth  

Crusnik 02

S i n n y D e s u

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:49 pm
wow i haven't posted in forever. [stupid busy life>.<]

i, personally have no idea what genre or stereotype i am.
see, today i have a tartan dress on with a big black belt and black pointy toe, high heeled boots with black stockings.

the day before i had on a green Hurley tshirt, a short black skirt, stockings and chucks.

the day before that, i wore a knee length black skirt with jagged lace edging [v. pretty- bought it off ebay 1of a kind^.^] a black lace top and my 14Up red Dr Martins.

the day before i wore a green singlet top, shorts, stockings and skate shoes.

and the day before that, i wore tight black skinnys, a Carpathian [aus hardcore band] shirt, a parkway drive hoodie [also aus hardcore] and my Dr Martins.

By doing this, I think I've dressed what in Australia is seen as goth, punk, emo, scene, hardcore and skatey.

pfffft at stereotypes and having to dress a certain way to be something.

i think being 'goth' is simply a state of mind and the music, dressing how you like, is truly 'goth' 'emo' 'punk' or any other style you choose.

I hardly ever wear all black, it's simply way too hot in Australia to do that, especially in summer where we see 40 degree celcius + days.
[painful a** days those are!!]

i agree with people who alter clothing and buy stuff offline, i redecorated my skate shoes so now they have a green and white spotty tongue, which alot of people comment me on=D
altering clothes is the best fun and makes things truly original.
and as for online- tell your mama online shopping is alot safer nowadays, i wouldn't have half my wardrobe without it!!!
ebay and paypal now have security measures to stop people being screwed over, maybe explain this to your mother and see how it goes?=]

i say just be yourself, do what you want and anyone who badmouths you- tell em to be original wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:19 pm
I usually wear all black, but my clothes are usually plain. I have a few pairs of blue jeans though.  

Byrn_in_hel

Jigoku_Shoujo1348

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:44 pm
I'm pretty much a mix of everything. 3nodding It just depends on my mood. but most people think I'm Goth or Emo right away cuz I'm REALLY pale and wear a lot of black. sweatdrop  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff