Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
No s**t, There I Was..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:06 pm
lmao yeah he rocks!! xd i mean - letting me get away with those comments (but i still forget what they were confused maybe that's a good thing sweatdrop ) lolz blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:47 am
*gigglesnort*  

Hyratel Dragon

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:53 am
As I did home from Estrella, this is fresh from Potrero this weekend.

No s**t, there I was, knocked off my feet by a spear as I defended my base and flag from the other four city-states. I picked myself up, brushed off, and headed for the magic tree to wait for the ten-minute res. Wind knocked out of me, I was glad for the wait--except that the second I got to the waterbearers a revive was called. Well, there was just no way I was ready to go back out. I needed air and water (and besides... I already had my hat off). So I went and told a marshal of my plight and he told me when I was rested and ready I could head back to my own base, revive called or no. A minute or two later there were already heaps of dead waiting to go, as we (green) were heavily assailed by purple.
I more or less wandered, arms at rest, toward my beseiged base. There was only the one way in, and half the purple army was between me and that entrance. I walked up to the nearest purple warrior I found (who was conveniantly facing away) and called a dead from behind. As dictated by the law of our land, I waited a few moments so he could turn and regard his killer. Several of his friends also regarded me, with a uniform expression of "WTF???"--but none of them struck me, nor I them, so I shoved past toward home. As I walked (still walking--not running) a very shiny hat caught my eye... so I hit it. More purples turned around to look at me, but none tried to do me harm. I shoved past them and took off running toward my own shield wall. I was almost killed by an overenthusiastic friendly spear as I heard great cries of "HE'S WITH US!!!!!"

After the seige was rebuffed, my commander took me aside and (though it was our first battle together) called me by name, saying "[me]... that was cool."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:38 am
eek dude, that is hi. lar. ee. us.

NS, TIW:

Okay, at Sapphire Joust, I was appointed herald for the marinus fighting band, and the teams were supposed to be 5-7 strong. Even with two freelance men, we were only 4 fighters. (I was not fighting) One of our own was fighting for some other barony/household, and this bugged the living daylights out of us. Well, anyway, in the first skirmish, it was us: three shields, one polearm, against them: seven shields. We got ourselves handed to us. Anyway, here's the real reason for writing this: when we came off the field, one of our number had an armor bite on his eyebrow. A weld on his face-grill was resting right against the outside tip of his left eyebrow, and the first head-shot he took, it made a half-inch cut in his brow, that warranted calling out the kiurgeon, who had to give him a 'hero's head wrap', because he was too sweaty to stick a bandaid to. It bled fairly bad, but was really only enough to merit 2 stitches (my thinking is, it's too mobile a spot to just slap a bandaid on, anyhow). When he popped his top, there were bloodstains down his cheek, and he said he didn't notice it until it rubbed when he un-hatted.  

Hyratel Dragon

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:14 pm
No s**t, there I was at Baronwars, slogging through the mud with the rest of my unit, the Fen Militia. We were instructed to hold the left side of the battlefield during the town battle and were doing a pretty good job at it. Well, a knight got in between the two shield walls with a polearm and started taking shots. He got me in the leg and so down I went. Due to the mud, my wretched knee armor, and the war shield that's as big as I am I was unable to keep up with the unit being pulled back and forth while legged. So my fellow fighter, Robin, comes along.

"Erin," he says, "I'm sorry, but go rez." And he smacks me on the head with his sword.

So I jump up and head back to the ressurection point and head back out there. Soon enough I'm back in the front of the shield wall with Robin by my side and that knight is still out there. Smack! And I'm down on my knees again. Then, for good measure, he takes my sword arm. The marshalls call a hold at that point and I look around me. My unit is about five feet behind me, the enemy about four feet in front, and I'm stuck there on my knees with no sword in no-man's-land. Thankfully, Robin is next to me, on his knees as well, thanks to the knight with the polearm.

"Robin," I say sweetly, "I'm just a shield." I was hoping for another mercy killing.

A long pause.

"Erin," he says, just as sweetly, "So am I."

At which point I swear I heard the knight chuckle. So we start looking around for a way to get out of this rather nasty situation.

"We need someone to kill us," I finally say, and turn to the only person within reach. The knight. And sweetly bat my eyes.

Alas, feminine charms are to no avail because he only grins and goes in a very smug voice, "No... no, I'm not going to kill you two."

We sat there for the rest of the battle like that, on our knees, with only our shields and the mud.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:27 pm
Now thats funny Kiddo! blaugh

No s**t, there I was at Egils some 5 or 6 years ago. After heavily drinking on Saturday night, my friend and I were traveling from encampment to encampment singing song and telling tale...until we reached a quiet camp with only 5 individuals sitting around a toasty fire.
Enebriated and drunk as we were, we asked it we could join the fire and warm our cold hands and feet. Much to our happyness, they agreed and offered us seets and mead.
(YAY MEAD! 3nodding )
The two ladies where conversing as where the three gentlemen when finally one looks to me and asks me who I am and why I am about on this late evening when practice was to begin early the next morning. I told him that I was a Skald looking always for a place to sing and a drink to be given (or plundered politely!).
The ladies smiled at me and asked me to sing a song, for which I did. The song was one written by Gwydion Hunter of the Harpers, self stylized BARD of ANTIR called: "AnTir My Home".

The ladies enjoyed the song as did the gents, almost making one of the men cry with pride. When suddenly there is a gasp and I look to the ladies. My friend and companion had lifted up the back of his kilt and was warming his bare arse on the fire.
One of the men then stood and I noticed now (though I hadn't before) that he was a Knight of the Kingdom. He spoke to my friend and said: "M'lord! Please put down your kilt! Do you know who's camp your in?"
To which my friend replied. "Oh! I'm so sorry..." he put down his kilt, chuckling. "I didn't mean to offend the ladies. I was just warming myself. Who's encampment is this anyway?"
To which the Knight replied with great pride: "You stand in the Royal encampment, m'lord, and before you sits the Queen of AnTir!"
My friend looked at the woman wide eyed and she lowered her cloak, to which there was many shiney pointies upon her hat. I stared and started to chuckle at my friend.

The Queen of AnTir asked me to sing one more, and so I did, singing "Haul Away", a sea shanty that got the men into a good mood, as it did the women. But in the middle of the song there was yet another gasp.
I looked over at my friend who had lifted the FRONT of his kilt before the fire to warm his....nethers, as it where.... xd  

Chibbi_Satan

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:50 pm
Oooh, that's a good one Chibbi. I love finding out that people are royals at all the worst times...

No s**t, at my first event I got to see the king in a towel. So after a long hard day of fighting he goes off to the showers. Baroness Alex, a very sweet and proper lady accompanies him. He sends her off with his dirty clothing asking that she bring back clean clothing from his wife, the queen. Off goes the Baroness. Relays his majesties request. At which point the queen thinks for a moment... and goes...

"Give him this." And hands Alex a towel. Nothing. but a towel.

Off goes Alex, terrified and wondering how on earth she's going to break this to his majesty. A knight happens to pass by and notices her distress. She explains and he gets this wicked grin on his face.

"Alex," he says, "May -I- take the towel to his majesty?"

And Alex agrees. Off he runs, bursts into the showers waving the towel, and yells: "YOUR MAJESTY! YOUR WIFE SAYS YOU DON'T GET NO CLOTHES!"

So the king gathers up his pride, ties the towel around his waist, puts his shoulders back, chin up, and hands Alex his crown. And off they go through camp.

Now, I'm sitting there at our campsite which is right next to the royal's cabin. I'm thinking 'hey, this is pretty cool, this is neat, I like - WOAH NEARLY NEKKID DUDE!"

I may mention at this time that the king at that time is very attractive. As is his wife. They're both gorgeous.

Finally my 'shouldn't I know that guy?' part of my brain kicks in. I elbow the squire sitting next to me, from our chapter back home.

"Hey, hey," I say, "Is that... his royal majesty in a towel?"

The squire looks up. Purses his lips.

"Ye-up."

And goes back to what he was doing. I, on the other hand, gaped for a while.

At my boyfriend's first event he had the Aelthelmarc (I spelt that wrong, didn't I?) king give him a t-tunic. He didn't have any garb and the guy he was borrowing from was late and Gold Key didn't have anything his size. So his majesty jumps up and fetches him one of his own tunics and gave it to him when we went to return it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:34 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Hyratel Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:34 am
*gasp.. wheeze.. laugh.. gasp* BREATHE, BIGFOOT, BREATHE!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:18 am

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:18 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:46 pm

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:46 pm
Kiddo the fox-phoenix
Our captain was giving out orders before the melee and my friend answered instinctively, "Yes sir." At which point our captain, a squire, reminds him, "Not a sir yet." Now, my friend is military, so he answers in traditional military cynicism, "Oh, that's right, you actually work for a living." as the joke in the military is that brass doesn't do anything. Every knight within earshot swivels and stares. At which point our captain sighs dramatically, points a finger at him, and says, "You. Pushups." And the knights laugh and turn away again.

xd !

Kiddo the fox-phoenix
All this talk is just making me want to go home even more. I'm really starting to hate it up here in Northshield.

Awww. . . *hug* heart I know how that can be.

I'm loving in Pittsburgh with my boyfriend for the summer, but I "normally" (when college is in session) live in Lancaster, which is part of the East Kingdom.

Who, I'm told, are a. . . not-so-pleasant bunch who don't even fence. stressed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:17 am
Sunegami
Kiddo the fox-phoenix
Our captain was giving out orders before the melee and my friend answered instinctively, "Yes sir." At which point our captain, a squire, reminds him, "Not a sir yet." Now, my friend is military, so he answers in traditional military cynicism, "Oh, that's right, you actually work for a living." as the joke in the military is that brass doesn't do anything. Every knight within earshot swivels and stares. At which point our captain sighs dramatically, points a finger at him, and says, "You. Pushups." And the knights laugh and turn away again.

xd !

Kiddo the fox-phoenix
All this talk is just making me want to go home even more. I'm really starting to hate it up here in Northshield.

Awww. . . *hug* heart I know how that can be.

I'm loving in Pittsburgh with my boyfriend for the summer, but I "normally" (when college is in session) live in Lancaster, which is part of the East Kingdom.

Who, I'm told, are a. . . not-so-pleasant bunch who don't even fence. stressed

Well, I wouldn't say Northshield is unfriendly... they're just a big group. And they've already got their groups of friends and I'm a newcomer who's only going to be there for the summer. So. *shrugs* I'm going to go to the fighter practices but the regular meetings are off. I don't need my nose rubbed in the fact that I have no friends up here and everyone I know is three states away, even if it is completely unintentional.  

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:36 pm
Bigfoot TI
eek dude, that is hi. lar. ee. us.

Thank you m'lord. Thank you.

So sayeth the beltless warrior.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff