Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

exeno rainbow

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 pm
I don't fear death. I've accepted that whatever comes after life is unavoidable, so why fear it and live with that unable to enjoy life 100%. The only thing I really fear is hurting my family and friends when I do die.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:48 am
im not afraid...im not saying i want to die...its just that im not afraid...kinda curious tho  

gabbi12340

Draydrigo

Practical Archenemy

14,275 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Squash Stomper 75
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:34 pm
I don't fear death I respect it. Death could take me or my loved ones at any time if we abuse life. I do worry when and where I'll die. I hope not when I'm taking a shower.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:48 am
I believe if you live fearing death, you live in fear of the greatest thing you'll ever do. Death cannot be done twice, and everything leads up to it, no matter who you are. I only fear that I won't die gracefully.  

Asher_Scree

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 pm
someone wise once said " death is lifes greatest adventure " another great person said " life is iminent death is optional " ya i know that one doenst make much sence anyway personally i dont fear death because leagally i am still dead and personally i dont mind it at all ya i know some of you are like ya right your not really leagally dead but he i will say this believe what you will i have had a near death experience i know there is nothing to fear and there never has bean the more we fear somthing the less oportunities we will have to do what we want because we fear dying from it anyway thats what i feel  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:30 am
from where i come...death is acceptable so i am not afraid after all it was meant for each one to die  

heaven descender

Demonic Hunter

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:26 am
funny enough, I actually wrote a paper on this for an english exam a few years ago.

My Take on Life (Through Death)
By Thomas Coffin Lazarus The Reasurected

Death is simply a matter of two things: time and circumstance. It is an inevitable constant, a fact of life. It will happen. There is no escaping it, eventually the Reaper finds us all. Thus, Death is rendered inconsequential. The real worry of our lives should not be how and when they will end, but rather what to do with the time allotted to us.

The clock of our lives, counting backwards constantly, is shrouded by a thick impenetrable veil. You can’t see through it. You will never see the amount of time left on it. You should simply treat every second as though you will not have another one because there is no warning before your clock runs out.

You should seek to do one new thing every day. Never let a fight destroy a friendship, or leave a problem unresolved. Tell your loved ones that you love them every time you part company or hang up the phone; you never know you may not get another chance to say it. Do nothing you may regret, regret nothing you forgot to do. Repay your debts, forgive those owed to you, or rather don’t harass those indebted to you. They will pay up when they can. Meet Death with a clear conscience.

Take care of your body, just because Death will one day be upon you is no reason stop and let it catch up. Do not invite Death; it is not up to you to decide your time. Your time was already set when your clock began its countdown with your first breath. Don’t dwell on the fact that death is following you. Instead accept the idea that you will die, and then keep it in the back of your mind. Remember you can’t stop it, so don’t worry about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:46 am
I am not really afraid of death...I'm afraid of dying while having some unfinished buisness...I am Atheist and I'm not a bit supersticious...I just believe that when we die our bodies just decompose in a hole, or at the bottom of a river, or you get burned to ashes...so in a way....I am not afraid of death...I am afraid of what will happen to my friends or people nearest to me....  

inzanechuck

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:43 am
Only fear death of the soul.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:42 pm
I agree with a lot of people here, Death is not something to be feared. I hold it in a sort of awed reverence. In the immortal words of Winston Churchill, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself".  

Alienhivemaster

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:42 am
I guess I fear death. I think that's natural enough. I just want to do fun stuff and enjoy life. No regrets when I'm about to die, that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:00 am
I do not fear death.  

Malakoi

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 am
It's not death that I fear...It is the thought of being forgotten after I die that scares me alittle  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:12 pm
I shall start off with one of my favorite quotes.
Quote:
Fear is ignorance, man only fears what he doesnt understand

That being said... I guess im ignorant, its not that I fear death, I am afraid of the thought of being dead. I feel I haven't experienced enough in life to die.  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

dante_reincarnation15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:21 pm
no because wats the point there is no avoiding death it is nature and u should inbrace u lived a good life and u should be proud that god even gave u the chance to breath a lung full of air so dont take being alive for granted u were blessed and god felt u diserved to live so he granted u with life  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff