Virigina Tech Shooting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:01 pm
DR490N

i think most of us that are real goths laugh at morbidity. i for one found the whole virginia tech thing to be hilarious, mostly because of the stupidity of people. "whats this? a guy with a gun? i think i'll let him shoot me!" HIT THE GROUND YOU STUPID ********! USE A CORPSE AS A SHIELD AND GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO BREAK THAT ******** NECK!

Unlike Crimson, I do mean to offend.

You're ignorant, foolish, and though I know you don't care, callous.
The people at Virginia Tech were probably more intelligent than you, statistically speaking.

A man with two guns walked through the campus killing pretty much anyone he saw. There was no warning, no time for thought. In general, most of the students didn't know what was going on until they were under fire, and no matter how fast you are, you can't outrun a bullet.
Most people who don't regularly shoot firearms can't readily recognize the sound of one going off. If they hear a loud noise, they chalk it up to construction or the like, not gunfire. After all, it's more logical to assume that loud noises in a school zone are construction. Gunfire in school buildings isn't an everyday occurrence for most schools.

Secondly, it requires more torque to snap someone's neck than the average human being can supply. My brother is ex-Navy, and met with SEAL's that had trouble breaking enemy necks. These are men that have rigorous physical training daily. If they have trouble doing it, I doubt the average person could with all their strength.

Third, you seem to be leaving a small piece of the equation out, fear. As an experiment, grab a fully loaded paintball gun out to a public park. Shoot it a few times, so that every passerby knows that it's loaded, and proceed to start chasing specific individuals. I guarantee you that a greater majority of the pedestrians in question, knowing full well that your weapon is non-lethal, will still panic and either run, or hide. Unless you're extremely unlucky, you won't be opposed by anyone until the cops arrive to subdue you.
Now, while the people in the park example might have been slightly afraid of your paintball gun, if they were confronted with a real firearm the effect would be amplified. When a normal person's life is in danger there are generally two responses, "Fight", or "Flight."
If someone is confronted with odds that they have a marginal chance of winning (fist-fight), they might choose to fight, but when the odds are greatly against them (school shooting) the body will almost force people to choose the 'flight' response. This can take the form of either running away, or of hiding behind something in the hopes of being protected.

Personally, and you might be a lot like me, the flight reaction doesn't typically kick in. I've been confronted with enough life-threatening situations, and even firearms, that my logical mind holds sway over my baser instincts in dangerous situations. If you're like me, then I can understand your own lack of understanding. But the average person hasn't built up this emotional safeguard during danger.
In most parts of civilized countries, one can expect to go almost their entire life with very few life threatening situations be thrust their way. Life has become safe and padded, protected at every side. There is no real 'need' for people to be prepared to face constant danger any more, and so the ability to react calmly to danger has faded gently from society. Something that will probably lead to our eventual downfall.

The people at VT weren't "weak", or "stupid", they were just normal.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:17 am
Tokyo_Punker
nightwing, im terribly sorry for your loss.

noone should actualy take te life of another for such a stupid reason.

and although, it doesent help, im verry sorry for you.

ash, that candle site is great.

i thank you for giving conicderation to all those that were affected by this.

its better than what some people did.

which brings me to my next point.

WHO THE HELL WROTE THIS!?!?!!?!?!?
Quote:
my mother called me down to watch them talk about it on tv. i honestly don't give two shits about some shooting down there in america. people die as a result of gang violence in massive numbers all the time. the media doesn't take any notice there. it's only when middle and upper class violence takes place that they choose to boost their ratings with it.

so what did i do while i watched the footage? inwardly laugh at the fat cops trying to run with assault rifles. that s**t was priceless.

I WANT TO BEAT THE s**t OUT OF THIS PERSON. HE OR SHE IS SUCH A HEARTLESS, COLD ********, I HATE AMERICA ABOUT AS MUCH AS YOU DO, BUT THE PEOPLE ARNT ALL BAD, AND YOU KNOW WHAT, WE ARE TRYING TO STOP ALL THE GANG VIOLENCE AND SUCH, SO PISS OFF YOU LITTLE a**, DONT b***h ABOUT SOMTHING YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT! YOU DONT LIVE HERE! YOUR NOT TRYING TO HELP, SO JUST SHUT UP AND QUIT YOUR BITCHIN!

I don't think this origional post is a wonderful point of view to have but I don't think the writer is a bad person and I can sympathise a bit with what he is saying. I personally don't care about the virginia tech shooting all that much. I wish it hadn't happened, but really, it changes nothing in my life. I can't be expected to care about a bunch of people I don't know who were shot or had there familly members shot. Especially not a small incident like this. I call it small because there are more than 33 people who die daily around the world, and they, as unknowns to me, are all of equal importance.

I think the gang violence spoken of and other death scenarios not talked about in media are often just not spoken of because they are not good stories. With the gang violence scenario, I think people will say to themselves "Oh, it's their fault for getting involved in gangs" and then they don't care; In the Virginia tech shooting, there was an obvious antagonist, and those poor poor innocent victims. That gives them undeserved pain for them to watch and feed off of, and a place to put their dissaproval. And of course we've got to pick the brain of the killer as best we can. "Was it video-games? Or Movies? Or TV?" Or is it just North American Culture?  

Alice_K8

xXCarpeOmniaXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:44 am
I was/am pretty freaked out about it, considering I am living in a college campus. Reeeally freaky. To top it off, the day after the shooting a bomb threat was called in at my campus. Sick b*****d! stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:50 am
EvFaerAshlynn
In light of the recent shootings at Virginia Tech, I would like to request that people click the link from the icon below and light a virtual candle in memory of the victims. Although this tragedy does not personally affect me, I request this action as a token of sympathy for those affected by this tragic loss of life. May the victims of this crime rest in peace.

User Image

I lit a candel as well. It's initials are LPH.
Love, Peace, Hope.

Bakurish

DR490N

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:47 pm
DieiNoctis
DR490N

i think most of us that are real goths laugh at morbidity. i for one found the whole virginia tech thing to be hilarious, mostly because of the stupidity of people. "whats this? a guy with a gun? i think i'll let him shoot me!" HIT THE GROUND YOU STUPID ********! USE A CORPSE AS A SHIELD AND GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO BREAK THAT ******** NECK!

Unlike Crimson, I do mean to offend.

You're ignorant, foolish, and though I know you don't care, callous.
The people at Virginia Tech were probably more intelligent than you, statistically speaking.

A man with two guns walked through the campus killing pretty much anyone he saw. There was no warning, no time for thought. In general, most of the students didn't know what was going on until they were under fire, and no matter how fast you are, you can't outrun a bullet.
Most people who don't regularly shoot firearms can't readily recognize the sound of one going off. If they hear a loud noise, they chalk it up to construction or the like, not gunfire. After all, it's more logical to assume that loud noises in a school zone are construction. Gunfire in school buildings isn't an everyday occurrence for most schools.

Secondly, it requires more torque to snap someone's neck than the average human being can supply. My brother is ex-Navy, and met with SEAL's that had trouble breaking enemy necks. These are men that have rigorous physical training daily. If they have trouble doing it, I doubt the average person could with all their strength.

Third, you seem to be leaving a small piece of the equation out, fear. As an experiment, grab a fully loaded paintball gun out to a public park. Shoot it a few times, so that every passerby knows that it's loaded, and proceed to start chasing specific individuals. I guarantee you that a greater majority of the pedestrians in question, knowing full well that your weapon is non-lethal, will still panic and either run, or hide. Unless you're extremely unlucky, you won't be opposed by anyone until the cops arrive to subdue you.
Now, while the people in the park example might have been slightly afraid of your paintball gun, if they were confronted with a real firearm the effect would be amplified. When a normal person's life is in danger there are generally two responses, "Fight", or "Flight."
If someone is confronted with odds that they have a marginal chance of winning (fist-fight), they might choose to fight, but when the odds are greatly against them (school shooting) the body will almost force people to choose the 'flight' response. This can take the form of either running away, or of hiding behind something in the hopes of being protected.

Personally, and you might be a lot like me, the flight reaction doesn't typically kick in. I've been confronted with enough life-threatening situations, and even firearms, that my logical mind holds sway over my baser instincts in dangerous situations. If you're like me, then I can understand your own lack of understanding. But the average person hasn't built up this emotional safeguard during danger.
In most parts of civilized countries, one can expect to go almost their entire life with very few life threatening situations be thrust their way. Life has become safe and padded, protected at every side. There is no real 'need' for people to be prepared to face constant danger any more, and so the ability to react calmly to danger has faded gently from society. Something that will probably lead to our eventual downfall.

The people at VT weren't "weak", or "stupid", they were just normal.

humanity IS weak. perhgaps thats the main difference betwene people like me and the rest of humanity. i do not fear death, and i do indeed have a tendency to be reckless. as for breaking necks, it is alot easier then that if you know where to apply pressure. am i ignorant? no. arrogant? yes. callous? most certainly. i view human life as expendable, save fro those lives the provide me something. foolish? most certainly not. my intelligence far surpasses those around me, and i know alot more about alot of things than most people would even bother to look into.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:17 pm
Personally I think that the VT shooting were horrible but, life goes on and I hope that everyone can cope with the deaths(PIC OF VT SHOOTER BELOW)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Adolf Manson

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:16 pm
...I think we all know what he looks like by now.

And Dragon, you are very, very arrogant. And pretty ignorant. And if you don't fear death, I very, very much hope you at least respect it...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:21 am
Again, guns kill people, not bad people.

Because world is full of bad people*, and what you know, just in America, the bad people are using the guns. Even thought Europe isn't any cradle of safety (for example current events of Estonia), there have been just one single shoot out and all, who died in that, was the shooter himself.

Well, it's really hard to understand the need of carry a gun as an European. Heck, I haven't seen a single gun in my 20 years lasting life! At least US won't be my number one country to spent transfer year.

*refererring the statement of NRA's headman, who gave statement right after the shoot out by saying:"Guns don't kill people, bad people kills".

[brainvomit]

X-Crimson_Chaos-X

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:38 am
these are my thoughts on it...it shouldn't have happend...people like that get peolpe like me kicked out of school....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:47 am
Mistress_Death
these are my thoughts on it...it shouldn't have happend...people like that get peolpe like me kicked out of school....

But that kid wasn't even the least bit Goth! scream  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:14 pm
Xx~Fel_Hearts~xX
I was/am pretty freaked out about it, considering I am living in a college campus. Reeeally freaky. To top it off, the day after the shooting a bomb threat was called in at my campus. Sick b*****d! stressed

eek thats crazy...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:50 am
DR490N
humanity IS weak. perhgaps thats the main difference betwene people like me and the rest of humanity. i do not fear death, and i do indeed have a tendency to be reckless. as for breaking necks, it is alot easier then that if you know where to apply pressure. am i ignorant? no. arrogant? yes. callous? most certainly. i view human life as expendable, save fro those lives the provide me something. foolish? most certainly not. my intelligence far surpasses those around me, and i know alot more about alot of things than most people would even bother to look into.

Humanity is only as weak as evolution has allowed it to be. We (collectively) have surpassed every other species in the world. Even culturally, the U.S. has more power and influence than any other country. Induviduals are weak, and individuals die. Humanity is strong, and humanity perseveres.
The main goal of any form of life is to propagate its DNA. More specifically, it is the "goal" of every chain of DNA to propagate itself via the organism it constructs. Death ceases the ability to pass on genetics, and is a reasonable thing to fear.
People like you and me? We are irrational, and as far as the scheme of things goes, foolish. Propagation of our genetics is not a priority. Indeed, in my case, it isn't even really a consideration. I, however, do not exist for my own gain. I have no real desire to propagate my genes, and so I have turned my mind to goals that will, if recognized, will help the rest of humanity. I seek to improve that in which I see flaws, not exploit that which it offers.
The only main differences between most forms of what people recognize as good an evil are these. Good will sacrifice itself for the good of others, while evil will sacrifice others for its own good. Even in evolutionary terms this is true. "Good" helps the species continues, "Evil" obstructs progress.

I do, however, find it interesting to speak with you. I see a lot of myself in what you post, and it helps me remember that every coin has two sides.  

DieiNoctis

Shadow Nightshade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:58 pm
recently in my criminal/law class, we were looking at an essay froma college student who wrote some way out stuff about drugs, alcohol, and sex with dead bodies after he killed them...well the teacher who read this reported it immediantly to the offcials and the kid was pulled out of school for a while...COME ON!! of course your not going to be writing this stuff after all this stuff thats been happening!! the kid got what he deserved..despite being a 4.0 student and the fact that the teacher should have taken it up with the student before going to the extreme...if he was so smart, he would have thought about it... stare  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:05 pm
britaki
I find it a waste of energy and life and it disgusts me.

your not the only one... sweatdrop  

Devils_lilboy

destinygirl_8

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:40 pm
Myollnir
It was confirmed that there were 33 people.
Whoever did this was inhuman; I can't imagine what the victim's families are going through.

no kidding..my dad told me about it. One of the girls that was shot was so inocent..her parents were interviewed, they said she always backed cupcakes for her friends..so terrible..people that are so inocent like that, and then someone so inhuman such as him to do this.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff