Hell yes!!!!
  It's just not the same...
View Results

Bugsy Jacquelyn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:47 pm
miss_phantasmagoria
emuexpert55441
I loved that movie!!!
I liked how sadie said somthing about max could have just hit his grandmother with a hammer for al she knew. I sang along to all the songs cause we were like alone in the theatre

♥♥♥♥
Jude is a hottie XD

The weirdest part of the movie was either when Prudence was walking between the foot-ball players, not even fazed, and they're just crashing around her. The first time I watched it, I half expected this:
"....You've got that something, I think you'll understand. When I say that something, I want to hold your---EEEP!"

And then when she said 'Just tell them you're a *****, and you want to rape and pillage all the little girls that look like me.' Huuuuuh?

Haha! I know! Prudence is just a badass. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 pm
I recently saw this move with my lady, ChaynaKellam, and I must say, it is one of the best musicals if not the best ever. I think it does the Beatles' music justice and the film is brilliantly executed with many hidden innuendos for the hardcore Beatle fans, which seem to be most here! I have noticed such things as Jude doing artwork and paintings very much like Stuart Sutcliffe. Max using the "hammer" on the fan. Prudence "coming out to play". The apartments where Jude lives is the area where the beatles used to hang out behind that church. The bus trip could also represent a "Magical Mystery Tour". Plus many other things that have probably been mentioned here before. The soundtrack is nothing short of impressive. Some tracks could be a bit better like "I've Just Seen A Face" and "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!" but all in all it is a grand compilation of some of the greatest songs of them all. I hope that the sound of them and the presentation entices and invites all these youths of today who like most of the trash music of today to open their eyes and ears to true talent. This film is a prime example of the rhythmic heartbeat of the Beatles timeless masterpieces. They will seemingly never die. To tribute this wondrous movie and this "Real Love" my girlfriend and I share, I have made my own little version of the movie poster. Check em out!

One is with text and one is without text
----------------------------------------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/MegaMac/ATUMacChayna3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/MegaMac/ATUMacChayna4.jpg  

MegaMacEXE

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:38 am
Please don't spoil! It hasn't reached Europe (or atleast Finland) yet!! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:31 am
I absolutely LOVED this movie!
It was so well made!
After I saw it, I had to go and buy the soundtrack...

Wait, was Max named "Max's Silver Hammer"? Because I forget...  

The Killing Jar

JustMe.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:44 pm
When i went to see it, my friend and i were the only two people in the theater. It was pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:07 pm
The theater here was packed... YAY! Beatles-love!

Dude. Everybody sang along to Strawberry Fields, Hey Jude, I Am The Walrus, All You Need Is Love and Helter Skelter.

I didn't like the way Sadie sang, though.... Probably because the songs she did sing were, like, Why Don't We Do It In The Road? and Helter Skelter - some of my all-time favorates, and, well, maybe I'm just bitter...

'Twas awesome. I'm buying it... Woo... DVD...  

Mother Superior

Dapper Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

Brittney Iverson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:02 pm
I just think its such a cool concept to take songs and actually use them to progress the plot. Normally musicals just sing to sing. In this movie, the songs are actually important.
And then add to that that it's the Beatles music and set in the 1960's, it's automatically a winner for me. Even my mom, who hates musicals, loves that movie.
I realize that the music isn't the same, but they did a really goos just in not changing them too much and just modernizing them.
I can watch that movie everyday and never get tired of it.

Also, I like how they named the characters after people in in songs and snucj things in like "Well you look clean cut, but then again, you could've killed your granny with a hammer" from Maxwell's Silver Hammer and "She came in through that bathroom window" I love that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:54 pm
It sounds awwwwesome! Can't wait to see it. whee  

Elvendork7

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Blue Silver Stars

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The movie is wicked awesome... I own it, I've seen it way too many times for my own good. heart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 pm

It was on the other day, and I had to miss it because I didn't have the channel available. crying

Abstract Realism

Blue Silver Stars

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:44 pm
Abstract Realism

It was on the other day, and I had to miss it because I didn't have the channel available. crying

I believe the entire movie is on youtube... I mean if it hasn't been taken down or anything.

User Image

Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces